Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
AmosMPhotography, 30 December 2013, 16:55
I recently got a Nikon D3200 but I wanna buy a spare battery.
The official Nikon one costs near £30 ($50) !
Help! Does anyone recommend a battery?

AmosMPhotography
from United Kingdom
GTRJacko, 30 December 2013, 17:13
NorthUK00 wrote:

The battery you have should have a model code on it, and there are some 3rd party companies which do batteries for cameras at much cheaper prices, but aren't any worse at battery performance. I got a spare 3rd party battery for my 1100d for around £8, because the original battery would have set me back nearly £45

GTRJacko
from York, United Kingdom
zonda, 30 December 2013, 17:14
This post was deleted 30 December 2013, 22:14 by zonda

zonda
from tokyo, United Kingdom
AmosMPhotography, 30 December 2013, 17:21
GTRJacko wrote:
NorthUK00 wrote:

The battery you have should have a model code on it, and there are some 3rd party companies which do batteries for cameras at much cheaper prices, but aren't any worse at battery performance. I got a spare 3rd party battery for my 1100d for around £8, because the original battery would have set me back nearly £45

Where did you buy it?
Mine is a EN-EL14

AmosMPhotography
from United Kingdom
DjShift, 30 December 2013, 18:53
NorthUK00 wrote:

I also have the D3200 but when i bought my camera, the salesman at the camera store (who happens to be a professional photographer of over 40 years) told me to always buy the Nikon batteries because the other ones can damage your camera if not stored and used right. He could've been saying that to make sure i spent the $50 at his store but i'm going to go with my original thoughts that he told me the truth. I'm not going to risk it but you can if you want.
Last modified by DjShift, 30 December 2013, 23:54

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
AmosMPhotography, 30 December 2013, 19:24
DjShift wrote:
NorthUK00 wrote:

I also have the D3200 but when i bought my camera, the salesman at the camera store (who happens to be a professional photographer of over 40 years) told me to always buy the Nikon batteries because the other ones can damage your camera if not stored and used right. He could've been saying that to make sure i spent the $50 at his store but i'm going to go with my original thoughts that he told me the truth. I'm not going to risk it but you can if you want.

I never trust a salesman :)
Quick questions: is the video button LV?
And what Is point and shoot?
Also what lenses do you have?

One of my best photos yet :) my cat Tommy. (It's low res)
[http://i41.tinypic.com/2cie008.jpg]

AmosMPhotography
from United Kingdom
DjShift, 30 December 2013, 20:55
NorthUK00 wrote:
DjShift wrote:
NorthUK00 wrote:

I normally trust them.

LV means Live View and if you click it, the camera switches into the mode where you look at the screen to see what you're taking a picture of instead of looking through the viewfinder. The camera does need to be in this setting in order to take a video but it is not the video button. To take the video you click the red dot behind the shutter release when it's in Live View mode.

A point and shoot is a different kind of camera. You might have used one before getting your DSLR. It's the small colorful cameras that most people have at some point normally costing between $40 and $200. One example would be the Canon Powershot.

I still use the 18-55 that came with it. I'm trying to save up for either a 35mm or 18-200mm though but it's not my first priority right now. I still need a tripod head and camera bag first.

And lol. Your cat does not look happy in that box.
Last modified by DjShift, 31 December 2013, 01:58

DjShift
AmosMPhotography, 31 December 2013, 04:36
DjShift wrote:
NorthUK00 wrote:
DjShift wrote:
NorthUK00 wrote:

I normally trust them.

LV means Live View and if you click it, the camera switches into the mode where you look at the screen to see what you're taking a picture of instead of looking through the viewfinder. The camera does need to be in this setting in order to take a video but it is not the video button. To take the video you click the red dot behind the shutter release when it's in Live View mode.

A point and shoot is a different kind of camera. You might have used one before getting your DSLR. It's the small colorful cameras that most people have at some point normally costing between $40 and $200. One example would be the Canon Powershot.

I still use the 18-55 that came with it. I'm trying to save up for either a 35mm or 18-200mm though but it's not my first priority right now. I still need a tripod head and camera bag first.

And lol. Your cat does not look happy in that box.

Thanks for the info!
He actually loves boxes!

AmosMPhotography
from United Kingdom
W16, 31 December 2013, 13:43
NorthUK00 wrote:

I honestly don't believe you need one. My battery has only died once and that was during car week and it was because I didn't realize plugging the camera into my computer didn't charge it (sounds dumb now). That was the first time I ever charged it, 9 months after I got the camera. Granted, I didn't shoot very much back then but still, unless you're shooting a thousand pictures a day, it's not going to be a problem. Just charge it after use and avoid paying all that money.

W16
from Pennsylvania
umberto, 31 December 2013, 13:50
A normal battery die after 900-1000 shots so I don't think you need one.

umberto
from Oderzo, Italy
DjShift, 31 December 2013, 14:08
I take a lot of photos but i normally end up running out whenever i go to medium or larger car shows.

DjShift
DjShift, 31 December 2013, 14:13
NorthUK00 wrote:
Thanks for the info!
He actually loves boxes!

No problem.
And oh. Lol. My cat likes sleeping in our christmas nativity scene.

DjShift
AmosMPhotography, 31 December 2013, 14:20
DjShift wrote:
NorthUK00 wrote:
Thanks for the info!
He actually loves boxes!

No problem.

Mine attacked ours, then sat on the stable. Then bit the head off the Virgin Mary...
I think he's an Athiest

AmosMPhotography
from United Kingdom
MrCar, 31 December 2013, 14:27
NorthUK00 wrote:
DjShift wrote:
NorthUK00 wrote:
Thanks for the info!
He actually loves boxes!

No problem.

Mine attacked ours, then sat on the stable. Then bit the head off the Virgin Mary...
I think he's an Athiest

:D

MrCar
DjShift, 31 December 2013, 14:37
NorthUK00 wrote:
DjShift wrote:
NorthUK00 wrote:
Thanks for the info!
He actually loves boxes!

No problem.

I think he's an Athiest

Lmao

DjShift
Post a reply