Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Leaf_Soto, 08 November 2017, 23:29
I'm on Discord and now my computer won't shut up with little notification bings. I might leave that server

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
waddle2gracious, 09 November 2017, 01:55
Admins just rejected my uploads of an Audi TT RS and an RS5 Cabriolet...

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Leaf_Soto, 09 November 2017, 02:23
waddle2gracious wrote:

Well they don't even feature R8's anymore, what makes you think they'd accept those?

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
r8lover, 09 November 2017, 03:34
Leaf_Soto wrote:
waddle2gracious wrote:

Well they don't even feature R8's anymore, what makes you think they'd accept those?

R8s were never featured and neither of those cars were really ever accepted.
Deleted account
Leaf_Soto, 09 November 2017, 03:37
What about an IS-3?

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
waddle2gracious, 09 November 2017, 03:53
Yeah, neither car is very 'exotic,' but they are still neat to see, especially when compared to F-Types, which are accepted here. Here's my reasoning for the RS5 in two parts (due to character limits):

--Part I--

To be clear, this reasoning is not based on the new Audi RS5-

I think that RS5s are quite rare when compared to V6 (and even V8) F-Types. In my experience, I would estimate that, since the release of the F-Type, I have seen probably about 3 to 4 times as many F-Types than RS5s (including Coupes and Cabriolets). I might even see more R8s than RS5s. Yet, a V6 F-Type was recently accepted on this site. But then again, my experience is primarily localized to the South Florida region, so I cannot solely base reasoning on rarity.

In addition, MSRP on the 2018 Jaguar F-Type, according to www.jaguarusa.com, is $59,900 USD. While some can be optioned to well over $100,000 USD depending on trim level, RS5s could be optioned to similarly high prices when new. In fact, the base MSRP for a 2013 RS5, according to www.caranddriver.com, was $69,795, nearly $10,000 higher than base 2018 F-Types.
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 09 November 2017, 04:28

waddle2gracious
from Florida
waddle2gracious, 09 November 2017, 03:54
--Part II--

After searching used Audi RS5 Coupes and Cabriolets, most are priced between $40,000 and $60,000 USD. While RS5s are, on average, cheaper than new F-Types, a search for used F-Types returned results on V6 and V8 models being priced between $35,000 and $55,000 USD. So, it seems as though used and new F-Types are relatively similar in price to used RS5s (used www.truecar.com to look up listings).

When considering performance, www.motortrend.com reports the 2013 RS5 as having a 0-60 mph time of 4.0 seconds, while Jaguar USA claims the F-Type SVR--the top level F-Type--has a 0-60 mph time of 3.5 seconds (3.9 seconds for V8 R trim, 4.8 seconds for V6 R trims, 5.1 seconds for V6 Automatic trim). With only a 0.5 second gap between 0-60 times when compared to the top dog SVR, the difference in performance between the two cars is not too significant. Still, I have seen other figures for the RS5 ranging from 3.8 seconds to 4.4 seconds.

Alright lol I may have gone a little too in-depth there, but I just wanted to express some thoughts and look up some numbers. I might very well be missing a crucial aspect in why RS5s are declined, but I just think that RS5s satisfy enough requirements to at least be accepted, not necessarily featured. Plus, there are RS5s and TT RSs on this site, so I thought they would be accepted.
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 09 November 2017, 04:20

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Leaf_Soto, 09 November 2017, 04:56
I would still try posting a picture of a Panzerwerfer.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
r8lover, 09 November 2017, 22:41
The RS5 is still just not exotic. A Mercedes S class costs more, and that's not exotic. And the Focus RS is just as fast and that's not exotic. And a Boxster is very similar in price and performance but it's not exotic. Besides, I fought long and hard to make it so the F Type wouldn't be legal on here anyway lol. It failed but I still never thought it should be legal.
Last modified by r8lover, 09 November 2017, 22:43
Deleted account
waddle2gracious, 10 November 2017, 03:35
r8lover wrote:
Besides, I fought long and hard to make it so the F Type wouldn't be legal on here anyway lol. It failed but I still never thought it should be legal.

Yeah, maybe the SVRs, but that's it for F-Types. In fact, a car I see taking a very similar path in the future is the LC 500 if they sell enough of them. Around $70-$100k now, $50k in a few years. Imo they're not even exotic right now.

As for the RS5, I suppose I would agree that they shouldn't be on here if we don't want to delve into 'fringe' exotics. I was just comparing them to the F-Type as a reference for the current state of ES.
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 10 November 2017, 03:37

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Leaf_Soto, 10 November 2017, 04:52
waddle2gracious wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Besides, I fought long and hard to make it so the F Type wouldn't be legal on here anyway lol. It failed but I still never thought it should be legal.

Yeah, maybe the SVRs, but that's it for F-Types. In fact, a car I see taking a very similar path in the future is the LC 500 if they sell enough of them. Around $70-$100k now, $50k in a few years. Imo they're not even exotic right now.

As for the RS5, I suppose I would agree that they shouldn't be on here if we don't want to delve into 'fringe' exotics. I was just comparing them to the F-Type as a reference for the current state of ES.

What about the Corvettes? Those are more than mass-produced and I see them on here all the time. I nearly see one daily. The same can be said for Tesla's here in a few years.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
SDJ2_Photography, 10 November 2017, 05:28
Hey guys you remember when the mods told us an updated website was coming? What a good quality meme. Also I haven't been on in like a year and it looks like the only person that is still active here that I know is @r8lover, so that's cool. Also crazy considering I used to be really active on ES. Anyway, enjoy your lives, peace.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
Leaf_Soto, 10 November 2017, 05:53
I forgot about this. Prepare your souls, gentleman and ladies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQnOYZ_Glt8

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Leaf_Soto, 13 November 2017, 04:54
Um, I don't know if this okay or not, but I do have a Discord chat server up and if anyone's interested in some Anglo-American weirdness you can join me here: https://discord.gg/Me5UFKx

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
hyoung90, 17 November 2017, 16:04
So uh... the Tesla Roadster is insane.

0-60 in 1.9 seconds will legit give me a whiplash.
As for the price...I personally don't justify spending $200k on something the size of a Miata.

Just waiting for mass media uploads in comparison with other exotics.. specifically the 720S as it pretty much represents the epitome of supercars given today's technology

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Post a reply