Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
racemanryan, 16 December 2015, 22:12
In the near future, I will have to plan my own car show. What is involved with planning a car show and what should I take in to consideration during the planning process?

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
W16, 16 December 2015, 22:26
#1: finding a venue and getting all permissions for using it. I've seen huge, long-running car shows not happen because they couldn't lock down the venue for a certain date.

W16
from Pennsylvania
racemanryan, 16 December 2015, 22:39
W16 wrote:
#1: finding a venue and getting all permissions for using it. I've seen huge, long-running car shows not happen because they couldn't lock down the venue for a certain date.

Well, the venue would actually be my school. I'm in student government and I suggest the idea of a car show to the teacher over us. He loved the idea. Our student parking lot has over 400 parking spaces in it. If the principle likes the idea, venue will be covered.

racemanryan
cincyspotter, 16 December 2015, 22:39
Make sure you and the owners are on the same page up until the car meet
Had a couple forget in the past!

cincyspotter
from cincinnati, Ohio
racemanryan, 16 December 2015, 22:42
cincyspotter wrote:
Make sure you and the owners are on the same page up until the car meet
Had a couple forget in the past!

Of course! Will keep a database with their contact info so I can give them reminders every now and then.

racemanryan
DjShift, 17 December 2015, 01:03
Use every means possible to network with the owners.

Even if you think you're stalking the owners, getting names from listening to their conversations and reading the stickers and tags on their cars can help you find them and probably 19/20 people will take it as a compliment that you like what they drive. Some may find it creepy wen you randomly message them on Facebook that you like their car and are inviting them to a car show but they won't hurt a high schooler even if they do.

I've found addresses and phone numbers like that many times before.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
zonda21, 17 December 2015, 01:08
DjShift wrote:

One word = Creepy

zonda21
from Rochester , New York
DjShift, 17 December 2015, 01:26
zonda21 wrote:
DjShift wrote:

One word = Creepy

Yeah, but it works

DjShift
racemanryan, 17 December 2015, 01:41
DjShift wrote:
Use every means possible to network with the owners.

Even if you think you're stalking the owners, getting names from listening to their conversations and reading the stickers and tags on their cars can help you find them and probably 19/20 people will take it as a compliment that you like what they drive. Some may find it creepy wen you randomly message them on Facebook that you like their car and are inviting them to a car show but they won't hurt a high schooler even if they do.

Some of the NC spotters like me, Mazdafreak, and others have created a database of all known exotic cars in NC. It includes the make and model and year of the car, as well as stuff like the color, last time they were spotted, name of the owner if we do know him/her, and the license plates of course. I actually want to plan 2 shows. One is an all-American car and truck show because those cars are actually located in my town, and we can definitely fill up the parking lot. Here, people can't resist showing off their American classic and muscle cars so we are going to charge $5 a car and invite a few dealerships. All the money will go towards SGA projects in the future. The second show is open to all exotics and classics. Same price, but all the money will go to a charity such as Make-A-Wish

racemanryan
Diablo_SV, 17 December 2015, 01:53
zonda21 wrote:
DjShift wrote:

One word = Creepy

Indeed. Id be mad if some random person started calling me and coming over to my house over one of my cars. I'd probably call the cops

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
zonda21, 17 December 2015, 01:59
Diablo_SV wrote:
zonda21 wrote:
DjShift wrote:

One word = Creepy

Indeed. Id be mad if some random person started calling me and coming over to my house over one of my cars. I'd probably call the cops

I wouldn't hesitate even the slightest bit to call the cops if somebody was continually following my car or stalking me in a creepy way.

zonda21
nyexphotography, 17 December 2015, 03:24
Put it out on Social media, maybe even posters up in the school. Make sure no hondas show up to do burnouts and ruin it for everyone.

nyexphotography
CTspotter458, 17 December 2015, 06:04
zonda21 wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
zonda21 wrote:
DjShift wrote:

One word = Creepy

I wouldn't hesitate even the slightest bit to call the cops if somebody was continually following my car or stalking me in a creepy way.

Thats a good way to get an owner to not go to a show lol. What ya gotta do is go to other shows and meet owners. If they have an instagram, make sure you're following it before the show. Meet people, establish connections with the show organizers, and dont be creepy about it, and you have a way better shot at getting some sick cars at your show. None of this private eye stalker sh*t. And make sure you act professional, nobody is gonna take you serious if you're hot and sweaty, leaping in front of cars, just generally being obnoxious at shows. Chances are, once you make a solid connection with an owner, they will tell their friends, word will spread, and boom. You got a show
Last modified by CTspotter458, 17 December 2015, 06:06

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
racemanryan, 17 December 2015, 14:05
nyexphotography wrote:
Put it out on Social media, maybe even posters up in the school. Make sure no hondas show up to do burnouts and ruin it for everyone.

Well, I have an area that I plan to set aside that's not on a public road where they can do burnouts so they don't ruin it for everyone else.

racemanryan
DjShift, 18 December 2015, 04:37
zonda21 wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:
zonda21 wrote:
DjShift wrote:

One word = Creepy

I don't do either of those things but i have emailed/texted (to someone who asked me to but didn't give me his number)/sent letters with photos of their cars to some owners before.

DjShift
Post a reply