Ford

Chevy

Total: 22
Mustang7, 15 September 2017, 20:48
Ford is way better

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
r8lover, 15 September 2017, 23:18
I mean, it depends on the car we're talking about. Though I have to vote for Ford since I drive one hehe.
Deleted account
Werner, 16 September 2017, 01:26
Ford went to Mexico, and went into the 4 cylinder market. Chevy went into the 4 cylinder market, but they might make a mid engined Corvette, so I go Chevy.

Werner
from Coeur d'Alene, United States
Mustang7, 16 September 2017, 01:28
Werner wrote:
Ford went to Mexico, and went into the 4 cylinder market. Chevy went into the 4 cylinder market, but they might make a mid engined Corvette, so I go Chevy.

Ford GT

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
r8lover, 18 September 2017, 21:32
Werner wrote:

If you are a fan of Chevy you should hate the mid engined Corvette since it stands against everything the Corvette is, unless they do the impossible and manage to make a mid engined V8 that is livable every day and costs $60,000.
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 19 September 2017, 02:09
I'm not even a GM fan, but my vote goes to Chevy.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Werner, 19 September 2017, 05:59
I honestly don't care much for either. The Corvette was a thing of loveliness back in the day, but they have become somewhat. . . boring.

The fact is; when you look at the main supercars like the Ferrari 488, Lamborghini Huracan, Bugatti Chiron, Koenigsegg Agera, etc., they're mid-engined. There aren't very many front engined supercars.

Unless you are at a dead straight drag-strip, America doesn't really have a competitor for the European cars beside the Ford GT, and they have some terrible technological glitches. Even the Hennessey Venim is mid-engined, because it's a tuned Lotus. Our cars don't do corners well, because we have power in the back, weight in the front. Great for the quarter mile, but they will be whooped through the corners.

I want to see America do something that can out-perform a McLaren, even if it's just a 540C.
But also, I just want to see a modernized 'AeroVette' actually produced.
Last modified by Werner, 19 September 2017, 06:03

Werner
loislois76, 19 September 2017, 14:06
Werner wrote:

The fact is; when you look at the main supercars like the Ferrari 488, Lamborghini Huracan, Bugatti Chiron, Koenigsegg Agera, etc., they're mid-engined. There aren't very many front engined supercars.

Ferrari F12
Ferrari 599
Ferrari FF
Ferrari 812 Superfast
Lexus LFA
Aston Martin Vanquish
Aston Martin One-77
Nissan GTR
Mercedes AMG GT
Mercedes Mclaren SLR
Mercedes SLS AMG
TVR Tuscan
Dodge Viper ACR
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

:)

loislois76
Mazdafreak, 19 September 2017, 15:44
Werner wrote:
I honestly don't care much for either. The Corvette was a thing of loveliness back in the day, but they have become somewhat. . . boring.

Unless you are at a dead straight drag-strip, America doesn't really have a competitor for the European cars beside the Ford GT.

At Car and Driver's annual Lightning Lap at VIR, the C7 Corvette Z06 lapped the course quicker than a Ferrari 488 GTB, McLaren 650S Spider, 991 Porsche GT3 RS, Lamborghini Huracan LP610, and a ton of other high performance cars. It would have been even faster had it been equipped with an automatic.

Heck, even a Camaro ZL1 1LE went around VIR faster than all of the previously-mentioned cars except the 488 GTB, and it was only six tenths of a second behind that. But at the Nurburgring, the ZL1 1LE beat the 488 GTB around the circuit by FIVE SECONDS.

Ford wouldn't send a GT to VIR, presumably because the company is afraid it can't keep up with the Camaro, let alone the Corvette Z06.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
r8lover, 19 September 2017, 20:14
Werner wrote:

Unless you are at a dead straight drag-strip, America doesn't really have a competitor for the European cars beside the Ford GT, and they have some terrible technological glitches. Even the Hennessey Venim is mid-engined, because it's a tuned Lotus. Our cars don't do corners well, because we have power in the back, weight in the front. Great for the quarter mile, but they will be whooped through the corners.

I want to see America do something that can out-perform a McLaren, even if it's just a 540C.
But also, I just want to see a modernized 'AeroVette' actually produced.

The Corvette Z06 can out perform a lot of cars. It's mere tenths of a second slower than the 488 on the Nurburgring. The Corvette Z06, Camaro 1LE ZL1 or whatever it's called, and the Viper ACR are some of the best handling cars you can get, especially for the money. America has always been about bargain performance, and the front engine, rear drive format really promotes that for us.

Now, I should say if Chevrolet wanted to do an Aerovette and produce it alongside the standard front engine Corvette, I'd be fine with that.
Last modified by r8lover, 19 September 2017, 20:15
Deleted account
Leaf_Soto, 04 November 2017, 04:08
*coughs* Chrysler.

In all seriousness though I am a GM man. I've owned 2 Saturns, and Mum's got a Traverse. My sister however, had to get a POS Dakota. To "blend in". Stupid American rednecks. Anyway, yes. I am GM all the way. I had to work on a couple Fords at Washburn Tech, and they were absolute pains in the tail. Mechanically, Ford does the same thing as GM and Chrysler, only they do it in the most complicated and convoluted way. You have to locktite everything, beams and rods go through each other, and it's all heavy. That, and according to my younger sister, she says that Mr. Henry Ford blamed WWI on the Jews. Granted I can't be bothered to look for proof, but you Ford guys do what you want. I'll admit, the GT is a really good and cool car. It is the best midengine car to come from America. The reason being is that every small American car manufacturer that makes a midengine car, can never make enough to get them noticed. Hennessy is a good example, then there's Falcon, Mosler (which by looks, is already a midengine Corvette), oh wait, Moseler's gone bust. That's another thing. They're defunct before they make enough to get noticed. Ford is a trillion dollar industry. They can afford to mass produce a supercar they spend years working on. Now of course I'm just rambling but whatever. GM FTW, and Ford can go be themselves while Chysler drops Fiat and Alfa Romeo, and goes and burns in the fiery pits of the underworld.
Last modified by Leaf_Soto, 04 November 2017, 04:15

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Werner, 04 December 2017, 23:34
[quote="loislois76"]
Werner wrote:

Ferrari F12
Ferrari 599
Ferrari FF
Ferrari 812 Superfast
Lexus LFA
Aston Martin Vanquish
Aston Martin One-77
Nissan GTR
Mercedes AMG GT
Mercedes Mclaren SLR
Mercedes SLS AMG
TVR Tuscan
Dodge Viper ACR
Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione

:)

But if you look at Nurbergring Nordschliefe times, four of the top 5 track times are mid-engine, number one was rear engine. Next up were of course the Aventador, then the Viper ACR. But the oulandishly fast cars were mostly mid-engined.

Sure, the Ferrari FF, F12 & whatnot are lovely things, but the 599 is a second slower to 100, almost a second slower to 60, and 22 seconds slower around the Nordschleife than an Aventador LP700-4. And the F12 is also .3 second slower to 60, has a 6 MPH top speed disadvantage, and the wheelbase is an inch longer, meaning slightly wider turn radius. Still very fast, but they just aren't that last level of insanity. Aston Martins seem a bit too distracted with luxury,
and the Mercedes are just too German to be exciting.

The thing is, a car can have supercar WHP, Torque etc., but some are more sports car than supercar.
Last modified by Werner, 10 December 2017, 02:15

Werner
r8lover, 06 December 2017, 01:37
Werner wrote:
and the Mercedes are just too German to be exiting.

That's racist
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 06 December 2017, 04:28
r8lover wrote:
Werner wrote:

That's racist

I didn't know German was even a race lmao.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Leaf_Soto, 06 December 2017, 05:27
Mazdafreak wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Werner wrote:

That's racist

I didn't know German was even a race lmao.

"Mercedes too German for fun"? AMG Black's... (ENDLESS TYRE SMOKE insert Top Gear montage)

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Post a reply