Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Do you agree with my claim?
Yes

No

Total: 31
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 16:53
Okay, this is something that I have been meaning to bring up for awhile now. People are probably going to yell at me for making "pointless" forum posts, or say that "I like to cause problems", but this is an honest question.

If you do not know what a paddock is, it it is the pits of a racetrack, but not like NASCAR where they are really tiny. The people who own the race cars set up a tent, and work on their cars there from high-maintenance work to just simply filling up the gas tank on their cars. It is really big, and there are lots of paddocks to go and see the race cars. Now, sometimes, the owners bring their other cars along with them as well that are not participating in the races, but just simply bringing them for other people's enjoyment to look at, and appreciate. Sometimes, the owners bring everything from multi-million-dollar Ferraris to just your dad's pickup truck.

This is my claim: When one goes down to the paddocks for the first time, and has no experience whatsover, they expect to see all the same race cars they saw roaring 100 MPH down the track. They do not expect to see other cars there that they never saw before. For example one person expects to say to themselves: "Oh, it's that Maserati 3500 GT Race Car I saw racing before! Now would be a good time to get some more photos of it!". They do not expect themselves to say "Wow! Look at the 911 Speedster! I never saw this out on the track, good thing I came down here!" until they actually go and see the 911 Speedster.

For example:

These are the types of one can expect to be down there: the race cars that participated:

[http://oi42.tinypic.com/2e51mao.jpg]

And the pickup trucks that haul the trailers:

[http://oi39.tinypic.com/neuln4.jpg]

They would NOT expect something like this because the car wasn't participating, PLUS, it isn't a race car to begin with:

[http://oi41.tinypic.com/2lm5954.jpg]

Thoughts?
Last modified by Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 21:10

Rivitography
from New York
andrewo, 17 October 2013, 17:06
Absolutely no. In no remote way are these street spots.
Deleted account
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 17:07
andrewo wrote:

Please give a valid reason on why.

Rivitography
from New York
A_A_L, 17 October 2013, 17:07
It's been stated countless times that these "paddock" shots are not legit. For example, that's like a Lamborghini being parked in a Ferrari "spectator" lot. Just because you never expected to see a Lambo there, still doesn't make it a legit spot. Most if not all spectator lots aren't legit anyways. But that's a whole different subject.

How many different ways does this have to be stated??
Deleted account
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 17:09
A_A_L wrote:
It's been stated countless times that these "paddock" shots are not legit. For example, that's like a Lamborghini being parked in a Ferrari "spectator" lot. Just because you never expected to see a Lambo there, still doesn't make it a legit spot. Most if not all spectator lots aren't legit anyways. But that's a whole different subject.

This is different. This isn't just for exotic cars, but EVERYTHING, even 1990s Toyotas.

Rivitography
from New York
andrewo, 17 October 2013, 17:11
Rivitography wrote:
andrewo wrote:

I've told you before in responses to messages you sent me in the past. Do not post them. For once just use some common sense.
Last modified by andrewo, 17 October 2013, 21:11
Deleted account
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 17:11
andrewo wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
andrewo wrote:

I've told you before in responses to messages you sent me in the past. Do not post them.

I honestly don't remember the reasons.

Rivitography
from New York
CTspotter458, 17 October 2013, 17:19
A_A_L wrote:

how are spectator lots not legit????

also, i was not excpecting to see any spectators down there, just the racers.

these are legit, and not because i was there, and want to have more shots

i really believe these are legit

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
r8lover, 17 October 2013, 17:39
CTspotter458 wrote:
how are spectator lots not legit????

also, i was not excpecting to see any spectators down there, just the racers.

these are legit, and not because i was there, and want to have more shots

i really believe these are legit

He isn't necessarily saying that spectator lots aren't legitimate. He appears to be saying that lots set up for specific brands are not legal. For instance, a Ferrari only lot or even an exotics only lot.

I do not view paddock "spots" as legal. There is really nothing legal about them.
Deleted account
cartmen220, 17 October 2013, 17:42
A_A_L wrote:

Most, if not all, spectator lots ARE legitimate. You're right though, this is completely different. I voted no. I've never been to a paddock before or seen one but if it looks anything like the third image Jason uploaded here, it shouldn't be allowed. That just looks like a show and it would just be impractical to tell apart shows from paddock spots. Same reason customer owned cars are not legal at dealerships. It just wouldn't be practical to determine whether or not each is legitimate.

cartmen220
from New Jersey
CTspotter458, 17 October 2013, 17:46
cartmen220 wrote:
A_A_L wrote:

Most, if not all, spectator lots ARE legitimate. You're right though, this is completely different. I voted no. I've never been to a paddock before or seen one but if it looks anything like the third image Jason uploaded here, it shouldn't be allowed. That just looks like a show and it would just be impractical to tell apart shows from paddock spots. Same reason customer owned cars are not legal at dealerships. It just wouldn't be practical to determine whether or not each is legitimate.

Jason, show him the 599 that was down there, or the speedester

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
zonka-81, 17 October 2013, 17:59
not legit at all
Deleted account
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 17:59
CTspotter458 wrote:
cartmen220 wrote:
A_A_L wrote:

Jason, show him the 599 that was down there, or the speedester

[http://oi40.tinypic.com/epizwo.jpg]

Rivitography
from New York
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 18:01
cartmen220 wrote:
A_A_L wrote:

Alright, I admit that was a bad example, but what about this:

Rivitography
from New York
r8lover, 17 October 2013, 18:05
Rivitography wrote:
Alright, I admit that was a bad example, but what about this:

That's still illegal. Anything in the paddock is illegal, and that's an end of it.
Deleted account
Post a reply