Yes

No

Total: 31
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 18:40
zonka-81 wrote:
CTspotter458 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
Lime Rock Park is different. They put their daily drivers in the paddocks as well.

CTspotter458 wrote:
so you saw no cars that drivers could use for daily use since they cant drive the racers on the road???

You don't think I didn't see normal cars there too? I certainly did. The paddock also contained exotics not participating in the races too. Lime Rock Park is no different, the cars that were raced just weren't as special.

so why are those exotics not legit since they didnt participate

IT DOESNT f**king MATTER IF THEY PARTICIPATED!!! YOU KNEW THERE WERE GONNA BE f**king EXOTICS THERE, SO ITS NOT LEGIT!!! i rest my case

You COMPLETELY misinterpreted my post. I was saying this in the view of a person who has never gone to a race track before.
Last modified by Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 22:40

Rivitography
from New York
r8lover, 17 October 2013, 18:44
Rivitography wrote:
And also, as an addition to my previous post, I saw some of the cars coming in from the streets and into the paddocks, and out from the paddocks to the streets. I have photos of this. Also, I'm not joking about the daily driver part:

[http://oi41.tinypic.com/24ou73b.jpg]

I know you aren't joking about the daily driver part. I'd have a photo to show you, but I didn't really care to take photos of a person's daily driver when I could be looking at all the other amazing cars. It doesn't matter if there were daily driver's there too. I went to a few local cruise ins over the summer. Many cars were muscle cars there, a couple exotics, and some turned up in their daily driver Camaros or beat up pieces of junk like the one seen there. That doesn't make those photos legal.
Last modified by r8lover, 17 October 2013, 22:46
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 17 October 2013, 18:44
zonka-81 wrote:
CTspotter458 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
Lime Rock Park is different. They put their daily drivers in the paddocks as well.

CTspotter458 wrote:
so you saw no cars that drivers could use for daily use since they cant drive the racers on the road???

You don't think I didn't see normal cars there too? I certainly did. The paddock also contained exotics not participating in the races too. Lime Rock Park is no different, the cars that were raced just weren't as special.

so why are those exotics not legit since they didnt participate

IT DOESNT f**king MATTER IF THEY PARTICIPATED!!! YOU KNEW THERE WERE GONNA BE f**king EXOTICS THERE, SO ITS NOT LEGIT!!! i rest my case

says the guy who posted pictures for the motorplex...

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 18:51
r8lover wrote:
Rivitography wrote:
And also, as an addition to my previous post, I saw some of the cars coming in from the streets and into the paddocks, and out from the paddocks to the streets. I have photos of this. Also, I'm not joking about the daily driver part:

[http://oi41.tinypic.com/24ou73b.jpg]

I know you aren't joking about the daily driver part. I'd have a photo to show you, but I didn't really care to take photos of a person's daily driver when I could be looking at all the other amazing cars. It doesn't matter if there were daily driver's there too. I went to a few local cruise ins over the summer. Many cars were muscle cars there, a couple exotics, and some turned up in their daily driver Camaros or beat up pieces of junk like the one seen there. That doesn't make those photos legal.

That's a show, and you would expect some cars like that to be there. Usually with cruise nights, it is just any interesting car.

Rivitography
from New York
r8lover, 17 October 2013, 18:55
Rivitography wrote:
That's a show, and you would expect some cars like that to be there. Usually with cruise nights, it is just any interesting car.

Is a Chevy HHR interesting? Or a Ford F150? I've seen both of those turn up.

Look, the fact of the matter is that paddock spots are not legal and never will be. I'm not sure why you people have so much trouble with accepting this fact.
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 17 October 2013, 18:56
r8lover wrote:
Rivitography wrote:

Is a Chevy HHR interesting? Or a Ford F150? I've seen both of those turn up.

Look, the fact of the matter is that paddock spots are not legal and never will be. I'm not sure why you people have so much trouble with accepting this fact.

because they are random spectators

CTspotter458
r8lover, 17 October 2013, 19:01
CTspotter458 wrote:

They aren't random spectators, they are clearly involved with the event somehow to get their cars into the paddock.
Last modified by r8lover, 17 October 2013, 23:03
Deleted account
CTspotter458, 17 October 2013, 19:02
r8lover wrote:
CTspotter458 wrote:

They aren't random spectators, they are clearly involved with the event somehow to get their cars into the paddock.[/quote]
its just the owners street cars, how is that illegal?????

CTspotter458
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 19:04
r8lover wrote:
CTspotter458 wrote:

They aren't random spectators, they are clearly involved with the event somehow to get their cars into the paddock.

They aren't. They just have passes to park down there. This isn't Monterey.

Rivitography
from New York
r8lover, 17 October 2013, 19:05
CTspotter458 wrote:

I think I will let Brian's post answer that one.
cartmen220 wrote:
That just looks like a show and it would just be impractical to tell apart shows from paddock spots. Same reason customer owned cars are not legal at dealerships. It just wouldn't be practical to determine whether or not each is legitimate.
Deleted account
r8lover, 17 October 2013, 19:06
Rivitography wrote:

How does one get said pass? I'll bet you it is for being involved with the event in some way, shape, or form.
Deleted account
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 19:06
r8lover wrote:
CTspotter458 wrote:

I think I will let Brian's post answer that one.
cartmen220 wrote:
That just looks like a show and it would just be impractical to tell apart shows from paddock spots. Same reason customer owned cars are not legal at dealerships. It just wouldn't be practical to determine whether or not each is legitimate.

With the dealerships, you can easily tell if the uploader uploads the car with a normal license plate on it. With the paddocks, you could just ask everybody who went there if they were participating, and they would all say no.

Rivitography
from New York
Rivitography, 17 October 2013, 19:07
r8lover wrote:
Rivitography wrote:

How does one get said pass? I'll bet you it is for being involved with the event in some way, shape, or form.

They have to pay $50.00 at the gate to park down there.

Rivitography
from New York
CTspotter458, 17 October 2013, 19:09
r8lover wrote:
Rivitography wrote:

no, you pay more, so that you can see the cars mmore

CTspotter458
r8lover, 17 October 2013, 19:12
Rivitography wrote:
With the dealerships, you can easily tell if the uploader uploads the car with a normal license plate on it. With the paddocks, you could just ask everybody who went there if they were participating, and they would all say no.

What if the car has no front license plate, and they upload a photo of the front? Or it's California where they don't need a plate for three months after buying the car or something?

If there is no one else who went, who is one going to ask? Seriously, why are you two fighting so hard about this? It's useless, as very few people besides you think they are spots. I don't care what other cars were there. I don't care if there were some daily drivers. They never have been legal, they aren't legal now, and they never will be legal. You've been given plenty of good reasons as to why they aren't spots (publicly, and apparently privately, it would seem), so just drop the subject and accept the facts.
Deleted account
Post a reply