Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
michealm, 19 January 2016, 22:29
For the last combo I'm going to guess it was unfeatured because theres a Hyundai dealership in the background.[/quote]
Fair enough I guess? Its just that we would have to be assuming that there's a supercar dealer or repair shop nearby. I get where you're coming from though
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 19 January 2016, 22:35
michealm wrote:
For the last combo I'm going to guess it was unfeatured because theres a Hyundai dealership in the background.quoteFair enough I guess? Its just that we would have to be assuming that there's a supercar dealer or repair shop nearby. I get where you're coming from though

Personally I don't see why it wouldn't be legit. I'm just going off things the admins have said and making a guess.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 19 January 2016, 22:36

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
gregg, 19 January 2016, 23:48
michealm wrote:
Just my opinion, but this Elise wasn't an all too amazing spot, and the edit was very easy to do, nor did it look too amazing (If you're reading this @VolvoMan, I'm not saying it's a terrible spot and shot, I'm just saying that in my personal opinion it didn't deserve to be featured.) However, this beautiful shot of a Vantage was'nt featured. This Combo is somewhat decent,

Thanks for taking the time to point out specific examples. First off, keep in mind that I literally have just a second or two to decide whether to feature something. I'm really busy, I try to do a good job, but sometimes moderation will fall through the cracks. The Elise photo, I agree is on the fence. It could have gone either way.

The Vantage photo, I honestly don't remember seeing that photo. It did deserve to be featured (and I just did feature it).

As for the Combo shot - the description had no information. i can only assume it was near a car show, and photos near car shows need to be top-notch if they're going to be featured. That photo had a nice combo in it, but it wasn't the best shot.

gregg
gregg, 19 January 2016, 23:49
xXFerrariFanXx wrote:
I also think the feature system is flawed. I posted an F-Type R Project 7 (http://www.exoticspotter.com/jaguar-f-type-stuart-florida-217938) yesterday, and it wasn't featured.

dude, c'mon. That's a blurry photo. Featured photos need to be crisp at least.

gregg
gregg, 19 January 2016, 23:49
bullchaser wrote:
Do we seriously need to have a topic just for ranting? The site isn't going to be perfect and not everyone will like every new change, but if we want the site popularity to grow, we're going to have to sacrifice sometimes that not everything will go our way. Maybe a good picture of yours didn't get featured, maybe a few even, maybe someone else's "questionable" picture did, so what? Greg's going to continue making judgment calls and he has every right to do so since he created this site, and he will make mistakes and sometimes his opinion will differ from yours, but that's life. I love exoticspotter and I won't leave but seriously, it is annoying to see so many forum posts complaining complaining complaining complaining complaining about why their picture wasn't featured. I complained a few times at first, but I've gotten over it, let's move on. Enjoy the pictures!

Amen, brother!

gregg
michealm, 20 January 2016, 00:07
gregg wrote:
michealm wrote:
Just my opinion, but this Elise wasn't an all too amazing spot, and the edit was very easy to do, nor did it look too amazing (If you're reading this @VolvoMan, I'm not saying it's a terrible spot and shot, I'm just saying that in my personal opinion it didn't deserve to be featured.) However, this beautiful shot of a Vantage was'nt featured. This Combo is somewhat decent,

Thanks for taking the time to point out specific examples. First off, keep in mind that I literally have just a second or two to decide whether to feature something. I'm really busy, I try to do a good job, but sometimes moderation will fall through the cracks. The Elise photo, I agree is on the fence. It could have gone either way.

The Vantage photo, I honestly don't remember seeing that photo. It did deserve to be featured (and I just did feature it).

As for the Combo shot - the description had no information. i can only assume it was near a car show, and photos near car shows need to be top-notch if they're going to be featured. That photo had a nice combo in it, but it wasn't the best shot.

Thanks for your reply! I totally understand. Keep up the great work you're doing for the site!
Last modified by michealm, 20 January 2016, 00:08
Deleted account
jackrabbit898, 20 January 2016, 02:00
gregg wrote:
xXFerrariFanXx wrote:
I also think the feature system is flawed. I posted an F-Type R Project 7 (http://www.exoticspotter.com/jaguar-f-type-stuart-florida-217938) yesterday, and it wasn't featured.

So it does come back to the photo meaning basically everything about whether it is featured, not the car?

jackrabbit898
from Houston, Texas
gregg, 20 January 2016, 13:43
jackrabbit898 wrote:
gregg wrote:
xXFerrariFanXx wrote:

So it does come back to the photo meaning basically everything about whether it is featured, not the car?

Yes, the quality of the photo is a huge factor.

gregg
cargame_parker, 20 January 2016, 14:07
Do you think weather could be a category for this its so when you look up "snow" you see all pictures of exotics in snow because I love seeing pictures like that but they take forever to find.

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
gregg, 20 January 2016, 16:05
cargame_parker wrote:
Do you think weather could be a category for this its so when you look up "snow" you see all pictures of exotics in snow because I love seeing pictures like that but they take forever to find.

Yes, we want to add deep categorization to the site. Haven't decided yet how we're going to go through the full database of photos and label everything, probably will need the help of users like yourself.

What other categories can you think of? List them out, I'll add it to the list of official tags to implement in the future.

gregg
venomgt95, 20 January 2016, 16:26
gregg wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

Yes, we want to add deep categorization to the site. Haven't decided yet how we're going to go through the full database of photos and label everything, probably will need the help of users like yourself.

What other categories can you think of? List them out, I'll add it to the list of official tags to implement in the future.

Geographical things? Like, if we search 'Mountains' or something, pictures of cars in the mountains, like this one would show up?

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
cargame_parker, 20 January 2016, 17:27
venomgt95 wrote:
gregg wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

Geographical things? Like, if we search 'Mountains' or something, pictures of cars in the mountains, like this one would show up?

Weather condition
Time of day / night (morning, afternoon, evening)
Angle car is taken at (front, rear, side). Might be slightly hard since there are thousands of angles but would be interesting.
Where the shot was taken? Ex) interstate spots , city, suburbs, rural, intersection, valet, parking lot, neighborhood / country club
Type/ style of shot- panned, tripod with long shutter speed, quick spot
Car- with or without mods, car color (ex) matte - all matte spots - then type blue and all matte blue show up so the first tag remains.
Car owners- ex) celebrity, athletes, bosses. For instance not each celebrity individually but just a general category so all recent celebrity spots appear. Jefferee Stars i8 was spotted so this would go in celebrity category so when they click on the thumbnail then they will learn its his
Last modified by cargame_parker, 20 January 2016, 17:27

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
gregg, 20 January 2016, 20:52
cargame_parker wrote:
venomgt95 wrote:
gregg wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

Weather condition
Time of day / night (morning, afternoon, evening)
Angle car is taken at (front, rear, side). Might be slightly hard since there are thousands of angles but would be interesting.
Where the shot was taken? Ex) interstate spots , city, suburbs, rural, intersection, valet, parking lot, neighborhood / country club
Type/ style of shot- panned, tripod with long shutter speed, quick spot
Car- with or without mods, car color (ex) matte - all matte spots - then type blue and all matte blue show up so the first tag remains.
Car owners- ex) celebrity, athletes, bosses. For instance not each celebrity individually but just a general category so all recent celebrity spots appear. Jefferee Stars i8 was spotted so this would go in celebrity category so when they click on the thumbnail then they will learn its his

Great suggestions

gregg
MrHOC, 21 January 2016, 02:19
I really miss the old ES. I remember when I first joined there was no Maserati GranTurismo category. I also remember the auto-feature for cars such as the Lotus Evora, Ferrari F430, etc. Back in 2012 I posted a cellphone shot of a Tesla Roadster. Even though the quality was hideous, it got featured. Those were the good days. Now I'm thrown off by all this drivel.
Deleted account
r8lover, 21 January 2016, 02:36
MrHOC wrote:
I really miss the old ES. I remember when I first joined there was no Maserati GranTurismo category. I also remember the auto-feature for cars such as the Lotus Evora, Ferrari F430, etc. Back in 2012 I posted a cellphone shot of a Tesla Roadster. Even though the quality was hideous, it got featured. Those were the good days. Now I'm thrown off by all this drivel.

The bad quality photo being featured is exactly that they want to avoid.
Deleted account
Post a reply