Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
MystSpot, 28 December 2014, 20:55
[http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/tesla-model-s-p85d-leaked-image-via-tesla-motors-club_100483411_l.jpg]

I think this car can outlast a Ferrari F12 for a few seconds from 0 mph

MystSpot
DjShift, 28 December 2014, 20:58
You bought it?

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
tramonto, 29 December 2014, 00:25
It's a really nice handling and driving car BUT it won't be replacing those F12's anytime soon. Yes, the 0-30 acceleration feels like it is ripping my face off, but after all of that, it is still a sedan. Just like the RS7, it is just a faster alternative to the M5 and similar cars.

p.s.
There are already videos of it drag racing an Aventador and 458 on youtube. Pretty amazing to watch.
Last modified by tramonto, 29 December 2014, 06:26

tramonto
Eeti, 29 December 2014, 06:37
Pfft "king". How about, no? ;)
Deleted account
Tbonian, 29 December 2014, 14:57
Why do you think that?

Tbonian
MystSpot, 29 December 2014, 17:16
DjShift wrote:
You bought it?

Haha, no. Just admiring the next level of EV thrill

tramonto wrote:
It's a really nice handling and driving car BUT it won't be replacing those F12's anytime soon.

Of course not, I would take a 458 over it. 0-60 is a RUSH though.

Eeti wrote:

King of the Telsa Model line as of now in my eyes @ @

Tbonian wrote:
Why do you think that?

You just have to take a seat in it or take it for a spin, the G-force is too much fun from 0 mph. The P85 does wonders but this one will keep you planted longer

[http://i.imgur.com/6tKK0qZ.jpg]

MystSpot
tramonto, 29 December 2014, 22:14
I can say, having driven a P85 and P85D, the P85D feels like a whole different world. That acceleration can smash the heads of the passenger back, giving 1.3G's of acceleration. The normal P85 had a tendency to slip slightly when accelerating, while this one had zero slip, giving it a much better acceleration.

And it seems from the people I know who have tested the 0-60, they have gotten much closer to 3.0 seconds instead of the claimed 3.2 seconds, which is crazy impressive for a 4900 lb car.
Last modified by tramonto, 30 December 2014, 04:17

tramonto
Tbonian, 30 December 2014, 00:52
MystSpot wrote:
DjShift wrote:
You bought it?

Haha, no. Just admiring the next level of EV thrill

tramonto wrote:
It's a really nice handling and driving car BUT it won't be replacing those F12's anytime soon.

Of course not, I would take a 458 over it. 0-60 is a RUSH though.

Eeti wrote:

King of the Telsa Model line as of now in my eyes @ @

Tbonian wrote:
Why do you think that?

You just have to take a seat in it or take it for a spin, the G-force is too much fun from 0 mph. The P85 does wonders but this one will keep you planted longer

[http://i.imgur.com/6tKK0qZ.jpg]

I am with you, the Tesla is awesome. I was asking Eeti why he thinks this isn't the King.

Tbonian
Mazdafreak, 30 December 2014, 13:34
I just love how Tesla calls the one acceleration setting "Insane."

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
MystSpot, 18 July 2015, 12:31
Mazdafreak wrote:
I just love how Tesla calls the one acceleration setting "Insane."

The electric Tesla Model S has already won more than its fair share of heads-up drag races thanks to the 691-hp P85D’s “Insane” mode, which hurtles the car to 60 mph in 3.2 seconds.

That wasn’t fast enough for Elon Musk.

Starting today, Tesla will offer Model S P85D owners an upgrade that unlocks even more power from the battery, pushing the car to 60 in 2.8 seconds and covering a quarter mile in 10.9 seconds. Total power rises to 762 hp. And because this is Tesla, the new mode will be called “Ludicrous” — since “insane” was already taken, and everyone loved “Spaceballs.”

In a conference call with reporters, Musk said the upgrades were possible mostly due to a higher-capacity fuse that allowed the battery to send 1500 amps to the two electric motors. That speed puts the Model S firmly in supercar territory — faster than a Ferrari 458 Italia and Chevrolet Corvette Z06, and bumper-to-bumper with cars like a Lamborghini Aventador or Porsche 911 Turbo S.

WOOOOOOOAAAAAHHHHH

MystSpot
hyoung90, 18 July 2015, 15:35
P90D is absolutely insane..
Plus pricing on it is gonna be quite ridiculous also. Considering a 85D can cost around $130k

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Eeti, 18 July 2015, 21:39
Pfffff.... again
Deleted account
MystSpot, 11 October 2015, 00:49
Eeti wrote:
Pfffff.... again

[http://i57.tinypic.com/2ujlev5.jpg]

MystSpot
CTspotter458, 11 October 2015, 03:56
That's not the king tho

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
r8lover, 11 October 2015, 04:43
hyoung90 wrote:
P90D is absolutely insane..
Plus pricing on it is gonna be quite ridiculous also. Considering a 85D can cost around $130k

"Ridiculous" Lol really? I'd say $500,000 for that car is ridiculous. You're paying a decent sum of money for a car that can beat any supercar to real world speeds, carry five people, and still look quiet and unassuming. I'd call that a fantastic bang for your buck.
Deleted account
Post a reply