Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
lambolord, 15 June 2015, 18:32
Who is the nicest or meanest supercar owner you met?
Last modified by lambolord, 15 June 2015, 23:35

lambolord
from Palm Beach, Florida
Lamborarri, 15 June 2015, 19:13
NICEST- The owner of this rare Qvale let me sit in it and take as many pictures as I wanted (or to quote him, "as many pictures as your camera can take").

MEANEST- I was trying to get pictures of an F430 and the owner walks up and says, "Just walk away now and I won't say anything else."

Lamborarri
from Illinois
bullchaser, 15 June 2015, 19:29
That is an awesome question...

Meanest:
I was taking a picture of Bentley Arnage and I guy walked out of a building and told me to leave. People are typically nice though. Although I went to Lake Forest Sports Cars a few weeks ago, tooks some pictures, including some of the customer cars, and they actually threatened to call the cops on me, it was really weird. They are usually really nice.

Nicest:

My neighbor's friend, he has given me rides in both his Gallardo and his F430 Spider!

bullchaser
from Illinois
bullchaser, 15 June 2015, 19:31
Other nice owners:

A guy at a gas station cleaning his Mercedes SLS let me sit in it and took a picture with me in it.

Owners in Monterey were almost all very nice.

Another neighbor's friend let me sit in his Lotus.

bullchaser
from Illinois
Twinbros22, 15 June 2015, 20:59
Nicest has to be the Viper TA, he let me sit in it and they took my picture for me! Also the 911 Carrera S owner was very friendly and gave us a ride! It was a great introduction to HHI!

I don't think I've come across a rude owner, yet.
Last modified by Twinbros22, 16 June 2015, 01:59

Twinbros22
from South Carolina
nyexphotography, 15 June 2015, 21:03
can't ever say I've come across a rude owner. Well this guy with a GTR was kind of a dick. Well not kind of he was a dick. But he wasn't mean. But I've had owners let me sit in their cars or ride in them before. Sometimes I get to start up or rev them.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
ianr22, 15 June 2015, 21:18
Nice:

Everybody I've met. Except One

4C Owner: His was first in Country and he let me sit in it as well as his T/A

Ford GT: Let me sit in it and even let me sit on the car

LFA Nurburgring: Let me sit in it

Different LFA NE: Let me sit in it.

Mean::::::

R8: I asked him if I could take a picture, he gave a grunt and said whatever.
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 16 June 2015, 00:27
ianr22 wrote:

Any reason to sit on a Ford GT? lol

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
sumosloths, 16 June 2015, 00:49
I've never gotten to sit in an owner's car, but pretty much all the car owners I've met have been nice/cool. In fact, I can't recall ever meeting a mean owner of a supercar.

The closest I've come to that is when I saw this Vanquish. After taking about 4 photos, a guy came out of the car next to it, wagging his finger and saying to stop. He said it was his client's car.

Another time, I was taking a quick photo of a Datsun 810 wagon I found in a parking lot. A lady (the owner) walked up to me, saying that she noticed me taking a photo. I was like "yeah, (etc.)" and then I noticed she looked kinda pissed. I told her that I could shop out the plate, and she was like "uh yeah, you better do that".

And of course I've gotten told various times at dealers not to take photos or to delete any I've taken.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
michealm, 16 June 2015, 06:20
Nicest: My friend's dad gave me a ride in his i8 and Huracan.
Meanest: Havemt really had one.
Deleted account
ianr22, 16 June 2015, 08:21
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
ianr22 wrote:

Any reason to sit on a Ford GT? lol

No, that's why I said No
Deleted account
SDJ2_Photography, 16 June 2015, 08:59
Nicest? Probably the owner of a Chevy SS I saw a few weeks ago. I know its not a super car, but its one of my favorite cars and its the only one I've ever seen. He put the hood up so I could see the engine, then back down for good shots of the front. The he opened the doors so I could get pictures of the interior if I wanted to. He let me sit in it, too. And all of this was because he was impressed that I knew so much about the car. I knew the answers to all the "trivia questions", as he called them, about the car.

Meanest? I was driving behind a 458 and the owner tried to get away when he saw my camera. Ended up not getting any good shots. Also, the owner of an F355 asked why I was taking pictures of his car and then asked me to leave. I walked away and so did he, then I walked back and finished taking shots. Lol.
Last modified by SDJ2_Photography, 16 June 2015, 14:07

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
xXFerrariFanXx, 16 June 2015, 09:18
Nicest: my grandpas friend who gave me a ride in his SL63 AMG, and his 458 Spider.

xXFerrariFanXx
from Florida
AJ Ferrari, 16 June 2015, 11:41
I cannot remember coming across a mean owner. Some give me odd looks, but they never say anything.

For the most part, the owners I have conversed with have allowed me to sit in their cars and even ride in them. I never had to ask to sit or ride. They offered. That was the case for a Maserati GranSport, Ferrari 550 Maranello, and a Ford GT.

AJ Ferrari
hyoung90, 16 June 2015, 11:43
I wouldn't necessarily say this is mean, it's somewhat understandable. But I was following behind a Huayra taking pictures, when suddenly, he swerved right and immediately slowed down while glaring at me, went behind me and turned left before i could get a good shot.
Later, i saw him again, but this time, he came back in a Vanquish... Maybe he thought the Huayra was too flashy for a normal work day.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Post a reply