Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Eeti, 16 June 2015, 13:54
Nicest owner is a guy I've seen a couple of times driving a black 991 Turbo S, always smiles and waves at me, a couple of weeks ago I saw him again at a cafe where he was just showing his car to random people and let me take some interior shots:

[http://i.imgur.com/zwgsE0N.jpg]

Meanest owner I've met was in Berlin, some guy in a C63 Black Series noticed me taking pictures, stopped the car (no traffic on a backroad) and rolled the window down and started questioning my intentions with quite a heavy tone, and at the end basically told me that if I put those pics on the internet he would kill me with throat slitting motion. So here it is, I'm waiting:

[http://i.imgur.com/UhMxhP5.jpg]
(You can already find a lot of pics of this car on the internet, autogespot etc. so... Lol)

I was on a holiday there so I didn't bother, but if I were a German I would have probably reported it to a police or something.
Deleted account
lamboman505, 16 June 2015, 17:23
nicest was when the owner of an aventador let me sit in it and take pics.

Meanest was...well I guess I am pretty lucky not to have any bad experiences.

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
Mazdafreak, 16 June 2015, 18:09
Eeti wrote:
Meanest owner I've met was in Berlin, some guy in a C63 Black Series noticed me taking pictures, stopped the car (no traffic on a backroad) and rolled the window down and started questioning my intentions with quite a heavy tone, and at the end basically told me that if I put those pics on the internet he would kill me with throat slitting motion. So here it is, I'm waiting:

(You can already find a lot of pics of this car on the internet, autogespot etc. so... Lol)

I was on a holiday there so I didn't bother, but if I were a German I would have probably reported it to a police or something.

Does anyone know if it's typical of Germans to act like that? There are a few on some other forums I'm on and they're very condescending, act like they know everything, and in general seem to feel that they are superior to others. Is that normal?

I don't think that behavior would justify getting to drive on the Autobahn for me...
Last modified by Mazdafreak, 16 June 2015, 23:10

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Diablo_SV, 16 June 2015, 18:17
I've never had bad experiences.

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
Vinchops, 16 June 2015, 22:47
I get alot of nice people who slow down or stop for me. only notable mean driver was a guy in a gallardo who gave me the finger, didnt notice untill i edited the picture though.
http://www.exoticspotter.com/lamborghini-gallardo-toronto-canada-180629
Last modified by Vinchops, 17 June 2015, 03:48

Vinchops
r8lover, 17 June 2015, 08:13
Mazdafreak wrote:
Eeti wrote:

Does anyone know if it's typical of Germans to act like that? There are a few on some other forums I'm on and they're very condescending, act like they know everything, and in general seem to feel that they are superior to others. Is that normal?

I don't think that behavior would justify getting to drive on the Autobahn for me...

In many ways their behavior is somewhat justified, lol.
Deleted account
nyexphotography, 17 June 2015, 09:57
I was taking a picture of a shelby GT500 yesterday with my phone and the guy had some insane exhaust system on it an revved the car and it scared the cr*p out of everyone.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
Mazdafreak, 17 June 2015, 20:33
r8lover wrote:

I guess I fail to see how threatening to kill people who take pictures of exotic cars is justification for anything...

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
r8lover, 17 June 2015, 23:05
Mazdafreak wrote:
r8lover wrote:

I guess I fail to see how threatening to kill people who take pictures of exotic cars is justification for anything...

I was never even referring to that behavior. The fact that I replied to your message should have indicated that I was talking more about your comment about them being condescending. At any rate, you seem to have missed the entire fact that it was a joke.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 18 June 2015, 06:08
I forgot to mention the last time I saw my neighborhood Gallardo before it moved away. The owner had just bought it from my neighbor (he had just moved away (you can see the house was for sale)), and we talked for a while about the car and about other local cars. The car was pretty dusty, and he cleaned it up so I could get better photos.

[https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2942/15442529722_4ce20188c4_k.jpg]
Last modified by sumosloths, 18 June 2015, 11:09

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
cincyspotter, 18 June 2015, 16:10
I've had a few nice owners who let me sit in their cars
C7 stingray (one of the first owned the country)
Porsche GT2 guy had just bought it

I don't think I've had any bad experiences with car owners
Last modified by cincyspotter, 18 June 2015, 21:10

cincyspotter
from cincinnati, Ohio
scudfan98, 19 June 2015, 07:50
Nicest: My Best friends dad who has a Porsche 911 Carrera S, GT-R and F430 Scuderia. I am always at his house and I can take as many pics as I want, have gotten rides in all of them, and briefly drove the Scud around the neighborhood.

A guy at the mall with a superleggera let me sit in it, start it and rev it without even asking.

No mean guys at all.

scudfan98
from Denver, Colorado
lamboman505, 21 June 2015, 10:42
I change my mid on the nicest. When I was a t the ferrari dealer the owner of a california let me sit in it, start and rev the engine, and do the roof operation.

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
Post a reply