Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
cargame_parker, 04 February 2015, 12:33
In your opinion, what is your least favorite exotic(s) and why? Which exotic(s) do you feel like are overated?

Personally, my least favorite exotic is the Rolls Royce Ghost. So damn basic. Also, I feel like the 458 is overated. Hopefully the 488 GTB will keep it exclusive.

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Eeti, 04 February 2015, 15:15
Similar thread: http://www.exoticspotter.com/forum/exotic-cars/overrated-cars-t1860/
Last modified by Eeti, 04 February 2015, 21:15
Deleted account
r8lover, 04 February 2015, 17:43
cargame_parker wrote:
In your opinion, what is your least favorite exotic(s) and why? Which exotic(s) do you feel like are overated?

Personally, my least favorite exotic is the Rolls Royce Ghost. So damn basic. Also, I feel like the 458 is overated. Hopefully the 488 GTB will keep it exclusive.

I don't quite understand your dislike of the 458, as from what I've heard (from tons of people) it's an exemplary car to drive. The 488 GTB won't be making it more exclusive though, so I wouldn't get your hopes up in that regard.

Also, I'm not sure if I've ever heard the word "basic" being used to describe a Rolls Royce before. Not that I like the Ghost at all (I really don't like it), but to call it basic just doesn't quite work.
Last modified by r8lover, 04 February 2015, 23:50
Deleted account
andrewo, 04 February 2015, 17:47
cargame_parker wrote:

How does the exclusivity of a car have anything to do with it being overrated?
Deleted account
lamboman505, 04 February 2015, 18:17
I don't know about overrated but I think the r8 is underrated

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
cargame_parker, 04 February 2015, 18:18
r8lover wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

I don't quite understand your dislike of the 458, as from what I've heard (from tons of people) it's an exemplary car to drive. The 488 GTB won't be making it more exclusive though, so I wouldn't get your hopes up in that regard.

Also, I'm not sure if I've ever heard the word "basic" being used to describe a Rolls Royce before. Not that I like the Ghost at all (I really don't like it), but to call it basic just doesn't quite work.

Allow me to explain. The 458 is overated. Why? Because Ferrari has made it like that. Everything about the design to the sales are too typical for it to be an amazing Ferrari. It began with the 360 and they have done it since. (yes I know there are higher cars like the F12, but the F12 also does not have this problem). I'm not saying the 360, 430, 458 are BAD cars, or Ferrari has done wrong for making a popular car, but they are just not as exclusive or impressive I guess you could say than they should and could be. They should be at the level of exclusivity the 430 Scuderia or 16M is. Also, I have also heard they are really amazing to drive but it would be more amazing if you had a car that had a look that matched that performance. You may disagree and I respect that. Everything is entitled to their own opinion.

Hopefully, the 488 GTB will help the 458. So my hopes are still high :)

And by basic, I mean the styling. Yea they are plush, exclusive and pricey but, as I said with the 458, the impressiveness of quality should also reflect the exterior. Instead I see a VW.
Last modified by cargame_parker, 05 February 2015, 00:20

cargame_parker
cargame_parker, 04 February 2015, 18:24
andrewo wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

How does the exclusivity of a car have anything to do with it being overrated?

The more exclusive the model is to obtain, the model is also much less overated. People may talk about the model like they know all the stats and sizes, but they don't truley know about anything except it is exclusive. Similar to a fallacy I learned last year.

cargame_parker
cargame_parker, 04 February 2015, 18:24
lamboman505 wrote:
I don't know about overrated but I think the r8 is underrated

Why?

cargame_parker
W16, 04 February 2015, 18:33
cargame_parker wrote:
The more exclusive the model is to obtain, the model is also much less overated. People may talk about the model like they know all the stats and sizes, but they don't truley know about anything except it is exclusive. Similar to a fallacy I learned last year.

I don't think what you said makes any sense at all.

W16
from Pennsylvania
r8lover, 04 February 2015, 19:15
cargame_parker wrote:
Allow me to explain. The 458 is overated. Why? Because Ferrari has made it like that. Everything about the design to the sales are too typical for it to be an amazing Ferrari. It began with the 360 and they have done it since. (yes I know there are higher cars like the F12, but the F12 also does not have this problem). I'm not saying the 360, 430, 458 are BAD cars, or Ferrari has done wrong for making a popular car, but they are just not as exclusive or impressive I guess you could say than they should and could be. They should be at the level of exclusivity the 430 Scuderia or 16M is. Also, I have also heard they are really amazing to drive but it would be more amazing if you had a car that had a look that matched that performance. You may disagree and I respect that. Everything is entitled to their own opinion.

Too typical... that's a new one. I feel like the buyer of a 458 knows they aren't getting the most exclusive Ferrari (exclusive being a relative term as to call a Ferrari anything but that would be insane), chiefly because it was never meant to be that way. The Scuderia and 16M were special edition models (more so the 16M than the Scuderia), and comparing the 458 to them isn't quite right. It's more rightly compared to the base F430, just as how the Speciale would be comparable to the Scuderia.

The 458 was designed to go fast, and to make sure it held the exotic Italian look. While the styling isn't my favorite, the design is undoubtedly fitting for a Ferrari.

cargame_parker wrote:
And by basic, I mean the styling. Yea they are plush, exclusive and pricey but, as I said with the 458, the impressiveness of quality should also reflect the exterior. Instead I see a VW.

(It's a BMW) The styling is pretty much what one could expect from the entry level Rolls Royce. It's not garishly overstated (a Rolls Royce really shouldn't be), but it has enough presence for the money.
Deleted account
cargame_parker, 04 February 2015, 19:19
I know it's BMW, but I was referring to the styling and how it looks bland like a VW. But alright

cargame_parker
cargame_parker, 04 February 2015, 19:21
W16 wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

I don't think what you said makes any sense at all.

It's really hard to explain.

cargame_parker
andrewo, 04 February 2015, 20:13
Exclusivity and the rating of a car are not related at all. An M5 is a very good car and is pretty much universally highly rated, but it is not really that exclusive. A DB AR1 is a very exclusive but terrible car.
Deleted account
r8lover, 04 February 2015, 23:10
cargame_parker wrote:
I know it's BMW, but I was referring to the styling and how it looks bland like a VW. But alright

Yes, I see a ton of resemblance.
[http://turbozens.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/2011-rolls-royce-ghost2.jpg]
[http://driveboom.ru/gallery/volkswagen/photo/volkswagen-passat-2014-6815sm.jpeg]

I'm not quite sure how it's too bland but okay. It's not perfect, but it's enough to be noticeable and clearly stand out.
Deleted account
FanOfSuperCars, 04 February 2015, 23:13
I think people who are in the market for a Rolls Royce Ghost care more about the interior and the brand of the care.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 05 February 2015, 05:13

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Post a reply