Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Ma-auto, 15 October 2014, 19:27
What are some cars that you think are overrated? I'll get the most obvious one out of the way: the Bugatti Veyron.

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
r8lover, 15 October 2014, 19:32
Driveblox man wrote:
What are some cars that you think are overrated? I'll get the most obvious one out of the way: the Bugatti Veyron.

I beg to differ on that one.
Deleted account
Ma-auto, 15 October 2014, 19:33
This post was deleted 16 October 2014, 18:49 by Ma-auto

Ma-auto
jkljosiah, 15 October 2014, 19:35
Veyron is more underrated if anything as everyone hates it for no reason.

jkljosiah
MystSpot, 15 October 2014, 19:37
Maserati Glibi

MystSpot
dallasexotics10, 15 October 2014, 19:38
I disagree on the veyron.
It's one of the most amazing cars of our time, but people don't see that because they don't like the looks or some other insignificant reason when talking about the way it drives.

dallasexotics10
from Dallas, Texas
r8lover, 15 October 2014, 19:44
Driveblox man wrote:
Your reason being...?

My reason being that the car isn't overrated. Volkswagen spends millions more than the asking price just to build each one of those cars, and to make them as amazingly engineered as possible. Now, there is a handful of cars that can match the Veyron's speed. From what I have heard, there is nothing that can match the Veyron's stability at speed. Plus, I'm pretty sure that none of those cars is a 4,000 pound luxury car that just happens to have the capability to go 250+ mph. On top of that, the Bugatti was put into production nearly ten years ago now. That means that ten years ago engineers at Volkswagen set off into uncharted waters of speed and power by spending millions of dollars to fund what is probably one of the most impressive cars that we will see for probably decades to come. In 2005, this car was unveiled with a 1,000 hp engine (what I'm assuming was the first of its kind) and a top speed that was pretty much unheard of and would be the first thing to surpass the record that was held by the Mclaren F1 for a decade.

Other cars may now be catching up to the Veyron, but keep in mind they're trying to set the benchmark of a car that was engineered almost ten years ago, and yet they're still not on par. I would honestly be shocked if we ever see a car that can be on par with the Veyron. Some cars will match or beat the speed and some cars will match or beat the luxury, but there will likely never be one that is able to do both.
Deleted account
A_A_L, 15 October 2014, 19:55
The Maybach (both the 57 and the 62). Sure, the interior is gorgeous. But even paying $1,350,000 for a Landaulet that on the outside looks like a plain ordinary Mercedes S-Class is stupid. No wonder the company went out of business.
Deleted account
Vinchops, 15 October 2014, 20:41
W Motors Lykan Hypersport

Vinchops
Penguins22, 15 October 2014, 21:14
SLR,722,722s IMO

Penguins22
dallasexotics10, 15 October 2014, 21:38
Penguins22 wrote:
SLR,722,722s IMO

Do you mean under rated? I thought you liked SLRs.

dallasexotics10
from Dallas, Texas
Eeti, 16 October 2014, 03:51
Driveblox man wrote:

Thread fails in the first post, lol.
Deleted account
Penguins22, 16 October 2014, 11:06
Lol yep I did

Penguins22
sumosloths, 16 October 2014, 12:54
r8lover wrote:
Driveblox man wrote:
Your reason being...?

My reason being that the car isn't overrated. Volkswagen spends millions more than the asking price just to build each one of those cars, and to make them as amazingly engineered as possible. Now, there is a handful of cars that can match the Veyron's speed. From what I have heard, there is nothing that can match the Veyron's stability at speed. Plus, I'm pretty sure that none of those cars is a 4,000 pound luxury car that just happens to have the capability to go 250+ mph. On top of that, the Bugatti was put into production nearly ten years ago now. That means that ten years ago engineers at Volkswagen set off into uncharted waters of speed and power by spending millions of dollars to fund what is probably one of the most impressive cars that we will see for probably decades to come. In 2005, this car was unveiled with a 1,000 hp engine (what I'm assuming was the first of its kind) and a top speed that was pretty much unheard of and would be the first thing to surpass the record that was held by the Mclaren F1 for a decade.

Other cars may now be catching up to the Veyron, but keep in mind they're trying to set the benchmark of a car that was engineered almost ten years ago, and yet they're still not on par. I would honestly be shocked if we ever see a car that can be on par with the Veyron. Some cars will match or beat the speed and some cars will match or beat the luxury, but there will likely never be one that is able to do both.

+1 on this.

I don't like the fact that there are so many people who have such radical opinions about a car that they might not even know much about. So many people see a picture of a Veyron on instagram and think "wow, that car is too round for my liking. It must be sh*t slow". But then of course there are the people who hear that it's over a million dollars and automatically want one just based on that.
Last modified by sumosloths, 17 October 2014, 02:38

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Ma-auto, 16 October 2014, 13:55
How come every time I create a forum topic, everyone completely hates on me?

Ma-auto
Post a reply