Yes, I think they're exotic

No, I think they should no longer be postable

Why did you make this forum?

We should allow them for a little while longer

Total: 34
Ma-auto, 15 January 2015, 16:16
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:
Simple answer if you don't want them on the site, don't post them or don't pay attention to the pictures.

Well then those who do post them may post tons of them. That's essentially like saying "Why not allowed Ford Mustangs to be posted? Just don't look at them if you don't like them."

To me, Ghibli's are exotic. I've only seen 3, and to see one in my town would be a gift from the heavens. Other people think they aren't exotic because they've seen tons of them, but that isn't the case for many people.
Last modified by Ma-auto, 15 January 2015, 22:17

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
r8lover, 15 January 2015, 16:23
Driveblox man wrote:
To me, Ghibli's are exotic. I've only seen 3, and to see one in my town would be a gift from the heavens. Other people think they aren't exotic because they've seen tons of them, but that isn't the case for many people.

Rarity isn't really the only factor here. It also has to do with the price (quite low for an "exotic" car), the fact that it is being built in what I can only assume are high numbers for a Maserati, and the overall un-exoticness of the car.

It's slower, about the same price as, and probably being made in similar numbers to the Audi S6, yet we don't consider those exotic, do we? It's the same story of it compared to the Model S (also not exotic).
Deleted account
W16, 15 January 2015, 17:24
During the Greenwich Concours (granted it's Greenwich) I saw probably close to 30 Ghiblis. In normal situations I still see them quite a bit more than the average exotic. Even if it was rare I wouldn't post it because of how ugly and stupid it is. But Justin makes a point, if its direct competitors aren't considered exotic at all, it shouldn't be either.

W16
from Pennsylvania
davisvehicles, 15 January 2015, 17:35
Not exotic at all, plus they are very very boring and are pretty much not a maserati. I agree, they are a terrible value compared to what you get at that price point. I see them all the time, at least once a week and I have stopped taking pictures of them.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
williamparish, 15 January 2015, 18:09
Also, just wanna add that I don't like the new QP either.

williamparish
from North Carolina
venomgt95, 16 January 2015, 07:38
So, if the current Ghiblli suffered the same fate as the Model S/Panemera here on ES, would the older Ghiblis still be acceptable?

[http://www.exoticspotter.com/images/115/114269.jpg]

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
AJ Ferrari, 16 January 2015, 13:03
venomgt95 wrote:
So, if the current Ghiblli suffered the same fate as the Model S/Panemera here on ES, would the older Ghiblis still be acceptable?

Older Ghiblis are much cooler than the modern ones, at least to me. I hope the older ones will still be acceptable, not that I will post any since I have only ever seen one.

AJ Ferrari
cargame_parker, 16 January 2015, 13:28
r8lover wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
I had this conversation with some friends who know a little about cars. Think about this:
BMW is known for producing high end luxury cars and then some special sports cars like M's. They came out with the i8 and everyone is talking about how they are really improving thier brand.
Maserati is known for making high end luxurys sport cars. Thier cars are basically thought of as equivalent to a high end BMW (like someone who can buy a M6 could buy a low end maybe 1 year used Gran Turismo). Maserati then comes out with a Ghibli and people say maserati is downgrading thier prestige name.
What is really happening is that each brand is expanding and reaching into new markets. Like Hyundai and Kia recently.
I know that doesn't directly answer the question but you should really think about that if you haven't had that mindset :)

The Ghibli is sh*t. Complete and utter sh*t. It's not very well made and frankly terrible value for money. Plus it offers nothing that you used to get with a Maserati other than the Maserati badge.

That's why it'd downgrading their name.

I can't argue against that haha

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
cargame_parker, 16 January 2015, 13:28
Mazdafreak wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
I had this conversation with some friends who know a little about cars. Think about this:
BMW is known for producing high end luxury cars and then some special sports cars like M's. They came out with the i8 and everyone is talking about how they are really improving thier brand.
Maserati is known for making high end luxurys sport cars. Thier cars are basically thought of as equivalent to a high end BMW (like someone who can buy a M6 could buy a low end maybe 1 year used Gran Turismo). Maserati then comes out with a Ghibli and people say maserati is downgrading thier prestige name.
What is really happening is that each brand is expanding and reaching into new markets. Like Hyundai and Kia recently.
I know that doesn't directly answer the question but you should really think about that if you haven't had that mindset :)

I get what you're saying. But also consider that the Ghibli hasn't been received very well by most major automotive publications, such as Car and Driver and Motor Trend, which contributes to the downgrading of the brand's prestige.

Fair enough. The i8 was considerably amazing for BMW anyways

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
r8lover, 16 January 2015, 17:07
venomgt95 wrote:

Why wouldn't it be?
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 16 January 2015, 20:00
I tried to convince a friend to buy a Ghibli. He went to a different friend who services luxury cars, and he said he wouldn't touch the new Ghlbli with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
r8lover, 16 January 2015, 23:57
Lamborarri wrote:
I tried to convince a friend to buy a Ghibli. He went to a different friend who services luxury cars, and he said he wouldn't touch the new Ghlbli with a 39 1/2 foot pole.

I'd only ever wish that car upon someone I hate.
Deleted account
Post a reply