Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Maserati Ghibli: Exotic or Not?
Yes, I think they're exotic

No, I think they should no longer be postable

Why did you make this forum?

We should allow them for a little while longer

Total: 34
Lamborarri, 14 January 2015, 20:39
What do you think? Are Ghiblis getting too common or should they still be allowed?

Lamborarri
from Illinois
hyoung90, 14 January 2015, 21:22
I see more Ghiblis, Model S, Continental than i do seeing BMW M3s.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
nyexphotography, 14 January 2015, 21:28
Can we add a, "Don't really care" option

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
r8lover, 14 January 2015, 21:58
nyexphotography wrote:

That option would have been selected by not commenting on here.
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 14 January 2015, 22:26
Eh they're not really exotic, I see about as many of them as I do Model S'.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Eeti, 15 January 2015, 03:48
I think it's pretty obvious.
Deleted account
venomgt95, 15 January 2015, 06:43
r8lover wrote:
nyexphotography wrote:

That option would have been selected by not commenting on here.

LOL

but in seriousness, if i saw one, id post it cuz its a Maserati and ive only ever seen 2.

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
flacolp-700, 15 January 2015, 07:47
I really don't see many Ghiblis actually. I see more granturismos that Ghiblis.

flacolp-700
from knightdale, North Carolina
Mazdafreak, 15 January 2015, 13:05
flacolp-700 wrote:
I really don't see many Ghiblis actually. I see more granturismos that Ghiblis.

The GranTurismo has been out for a good bit longer though.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
cargame_parker, 15 January 2015, 13:17
I had this conversation with some friends who know a little about cars. Think about this:
BMW is known for producing high end luxury cars and then some special sports cars like M's. They came out with the i8 and everyone is talking about how they are really improving thier brand.
Maserati is known for making high end luxurys sport cars. Thier cars are basically thought of as equivalent to a high end BMW (like someone who can buy a M6 could buy a low end maybe 1 year used Gran Turismo). Maserati then comes out with a Ghibli and people say maserati is downgrading thier prestige name.
What is really happening is that each brand is expanding and reaching into new markets. Like Hyundai and Kia recently.
I know that doesn't directly answer the question but you should really think about that if you haven't had that mindset :)

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Mazdafreak, 15 January 2015, 13:22
cargame_parker wrote:
I had this conversation with some friends who know a little about cars. Think about this:
BMW is known for producing high end luxury cars and then some special sports cars like M's. They came out with the i8 and everyone is talking about how they are really improving thier brand.
Maserati is known for making high end luxurys sport cars. Thier cars are basically thought of as equivalent to a high end BMW (like someone who can buy a M6 could buy a low end maybe 1 year used Gran Turismo). Maserati then comes out with a Ghibli and people say maserati is downgrading thier prestige name.
What is really happening is that each brand is expanding and reaching into new markets. Like Hyundai and Kia recently.
I know that doesn't directly answer the question but you should really think about that if you haven't had that mindset :)

I get what you're saying. But also consider that the Ghibli hasn't been received very well by most major automotive publications, such as Car and Driver and Motor Trend, which contributes to the downgrading of the brand's prestige.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
williamparish, 15 January 2015, 14:16
I don't think it really matters, the admins will take it down if they decide it isn't exotic.

My opinion on the Ghibli is that it only costs 80ishk because it has a Maserati badge on it. Also, allot of people who don't really know about cars still freak out when they see one because they think it costs 200,000 dollars like anything that has a Maserati, Ferrari, Porsche etc badge on it. They aren't really that popular compared to some of the other cars on this site like 911s because they are to expensive for their price and people would rather by Mercedes or BMW.

williamparish
from North Carolina
r8lover, 15 January 2015, 15:03
cargame_parker wrote:

The Ghibli is sh*t. Complete and utter sh*t. It's not very well made and frankly terrible value for money. Plus it offers nothing that you used to get with a Maserati other than the Maserati badge.

That's why it'd downgrading their name.
Deleted account
nyexphotography, 15 January 2015, 15:27
Simple answer if you don't want them on the site, don't post them or don't pay attention to the pictures.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
r8lover, 15 January 2015, 15:35
nyexphotography wrote:
Simple answer if you don't want them on the site, don't post them or don't pay attention to the pictures.

Well then those who do post them may post tons of them. That's essentially like saying "Why not allowed Ford Mustangs to be posted? Just don't look at them if you don't like them."
Deleted account
Post a reply