Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Would you leave/drive your exotic in the snow?
Yes

No

Depends on which car

Total: 26
flacolp-700, 19 February 2015, 12:53
Just two days ago I saw a porsche 911 turbo S driving in the snow.

flacolp-700
from knightdale, North Carolina
cargame_parker, 19 February 2015, 13:24
UtahCarSpotter wrote:
Probably the Best Exotic I've seen in the snow was the Lamborghini SUV I forget what its called but the owner drove it up to Brighton Ski Resort and I see a lot of R8s GTRs 911 turbos and a Lamborghini Gallardo. Although some exotics have all wheel drive the main reason I think most aren't driven in the snow is the higher risk of someone sliding into you or you sliding off the road even with winter tires if you wreck such an expensive exotic most drivers just drive their normal car on really snowy Days.

I didn't think about the cost of the tires but that is a very good point. Sometimes salt can also ruin them

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Diablo_SV, 19 February 2015, 13:48
cargame_parker wrote:
UtahCarSpotter wrote:
Probably the Best Exotic I've seen in the snow was the Lamborghini SUV I forget what its called but the owner drove it up to Brighton Ski Resort and I see a lot of R8s GTRs 911 turbos and a Lamborghini Gallardo. Although some exotics have all wheel drive the main reason I think most aren't driven in the snow is the higher risk of someone sliding into you or you sliding off the road even with winter tires if you wreck such an expensive exotic most drivers just drive their normal car on really snowy Days.

I didn't think about the cost of the tires but that is a very good point. Sometimes salt can also ruin them

Salt corrodes the chassis.

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
Aussiecarspotter, 19 February 2015, 14:38
I haven't seen an exotic in the snow because it doesn't snow here lol

Aussiecarspotter
from Sydney, Australia
davisvehicles, 19 February 2015, 21:34
Aussiecarspotter wrote:
I haven't seen an exotic in the snow because it doesn't snow here lol

well you my friend are very very lucky.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
williamparish, 20 February 2015, 01:09
r8lover wrote:
I can't think of anyone in their right mind that would buy a cheaper Ferrari like that to use as a daily driver. A car like that tends to be reserved as a weekend car anyway. In Atlanta it is different, seeing as how it doesn't snow very much there. My dad used to just take my car any time it snowed, so he still had an alternative.

A Ferrari was a bad example, I'm just saying there are some circumstances in which people would defiantly drive things like Granturismos and R8s in the snow.

williamparish
from North Carolina
r8lover, 20 February 2015, 15:53
williamparish wrote:
r8lover wrote:
I can't think of anyone in their right mind that would buy a cheaper Ferrari like that to use as a daily driver. A car like that tends to be reserved as a weekend car anyway. In Atlanta it is different, seeing as how it doesn't snow very much there. My dad used to just take my car any time it snowed, so he still had an alternative.

A Ferrari was a bad example, I'm just saying there are some circumstances in which people would defiantly drive things like Granturismos and R8s in the snow.

Unless the snow is a rare occurence, then maybe a car like that as a daily driver with no alternative isn't the best idea. The R8 may have AWD, but the salt with the snow definitely will not be beneficial for the underbody.
Deleted account
cincyspotter, 20 February 2015, 15:58
I've seen a 911 (up on my page)
458 (barely flurrying though)

cincyspotter
from cincinnati, Ohio
Lamborarri, 20 February 2015, 22:36
Just this year:

Rolls-Royce Ghost
Porsche 911 x5
Bentley Continental x2
BMW M5