Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Would you leave/drive your exotic in the snow?
Yes

No

Depends on which car

Total: 26
cargame_parker, 18 February 2015, 11:37
I've seen some spots and discussion about exotics in the snow. Personally, I cant believe some people drive/leave them in these conditions because it wears the car and it can be extremely dangerous. But at the same time, I love to see them in the snow in person and on this site. What are your thoughts? Pictures?

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
williamparish, 18 February 2015, 11:44
Depends on the car, my garage situation, etc...

williamparish
from North Carolina
andrewo, 18 February 2015, 12:03
I would never drive anything special in the snow. The only decent car I have seen in the snow was a Mercedes 600 Pullman.
Deleted account
hyoung90, 18 February 2015, 12:21
I've only seen a GTR and R8 in the snow in Colorado.
But that's cause they're both AWD.
Last modified by hyoung90, 18 February 2015, 18:22

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
rampante550, 18 February 2015, 12:53
Saw a guy drive his 599 GTO in the snow a couple years ago. Crazy! I think he drove it everyday back then until he got an FF . . .

rampante550
r8lover, 18 February 2015, 14:20
I wouldn't drive an exotic in the snow ever. If you have that much money to afford one, I can imagine a winter beater or big SUV would be in the picture.
Deleted account
Vinchops, 18 February 2015, 14:34
As a Canadian, its not snow thats the problem, it's salt. Driving a car in a parking lot that hasnt been salted or in a field you wont have a problem, but on roads, the salt will kill cars. However, in Toronto, there are many (mostly Asians here for school) who are not afraid to drive their cars in the snow (Aventadors, gallardos, r8s,gtrs, mclarens, ect) but what they do is trade in their car every year and get a new one. therefore, imo if you can afford to replace it every year, enjoy your car while you have it, but if you cant afford to, keep it in the garage.

Vinchops
williamparish, 18 February 2015, 15:06
r8lover wrote:
I wouldn't drive an exotic in the snow ever. If you have that much money to afford one, I can imagine a winter beater or big SUV would be in the picture.

Not necessarily. You can get Ferraris, Porsches, Lotus, etc for > 50k. If someone is a car enthusiast they might save up and buy a used Granturismo in, say Atlanta, it isn't going to snow there that often so they aren't going to buy another car for it.

williamparish
from North Carolina
MinneGoober, 18 February 2015, 15:18
Some guy in Minnesota daily drives his 918 spyder in the snow. Seems crazy but he has 2 more so I guess it's okay

MinneGoober
from Saint Paul, Minnesota
r8lover, 18 February 2015, 15:22
williamparish wrote:
r8lover wrote:

Not necessarily. You can get Ferraris, Porsches, Lotus, etc for > 50k. If someone is a car enthusiast they might save up and buy a used Granturismo in, say Atlanta, it isn't going to snow there that often so they aren't going to buy another car for it.

I can't think of anyone in their right mind that would buy a cheaper Ferrari like that to use as a daily driver. A car like that tends to be reserved as a weekend car anyway. In Atlanta it is different, seeing as how it doesn't snow very much there. My dad used to just take my car any time it snowed, so he still had an alternative.
Deleted account
Eeti, 18 February 2015, 17:16
hyoung90 wrote:
I've only seen a GTR and R8 in the snow in Colorado.
But that's cause they're both AWD.

Yeah, if it has AWD and some good snow tires I don't see the problem.

[http://ag-spots-2014.o.auroraobjects.eu/2014/01/25/porsche-997-turbo-mkii-c389325012014151636_1.jpg]
Deleted account
KennyMK6R, 19 February 2015, 01:40
Vinchops wrote:
As a Canadian, its not snow thats the problem, it's salt. Driving a car in a parking lot that hasnt been salted or in a field you wont have a problem, but on roads, the salt will kill cars. However, in Toronto, there are many (mostly Asians here for school) who are not afraid to drive their cars in the snow (Aventadors, gallardos, r8s,gtrs, mclarens, ect) but what they do is trade in their car every year and get a new one. therefore, imo if you can afford to replace it every year, enjoy your car while you have it, but if you cant afford to, keep it in the garage.

Vinchops, I am going to correct you ... Those Asians you are talking about, they trade their exotics annually because mommy and daddy overseas are paying for it. Parents are suffering overseas working night and day; while little tommy here in Canada is partying every night, drinking expensive wines, driving his fancy Lamborghini, ... all in the name of studying !!!!
Deleted account
davisvehicles, 19 February 2015, 08:07
Vinchops wrote:

I agree with this. If its all wheel drive I don't see why you wouldn't daily drive it. Theres a guy here who daily drives a murcielago (kinda ridiculous), but he cleans the salt off of it almost everyday. So why not I guess.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
AlpinaYLO, 19 February 2015, 11:05
Only ones I've seen in the snow are GTRs, M5 E60, E55 AMG, Continental GT, 911 Turbo.

Others I've heard about from others include: Continental GTs, Viper R/T, GTRs, MP4-12C, & Ferrari 360 Modena.

Photo link to the 360: Ferrari 360 in snow

AlpinaYLO
UtahCarSpotter, 19 February 2015, 12:37
Probably the Best Exotic I've seen in the snow was the Lamborghini SUV I forget what its called but the owner drove it up to Brighton Ski Resort and I see a lot of R8s GTRs 911 turbos and a Lamborghini Gallardo. Although some exotics have all wheel drive the main reason I think most aren't driven in the snow is the higher risk of someone sliding into you or you sliding off the road even with winter tires if you wreck such an expensive exotic most drivers just drive their normal car on really snowy Days.

UtahCarSpotter
from Salt Lake City, Utah
Post a reply