Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
ALB15, 11 February 2018, 21:39
sumosloths wrote:
My friend always said her mom had a Prius, and one time her car broke down and she said she was taking the Prius.

She showed up in a Hyundai Accent. I was like "I thought you had a Prius" and she was like "...it's not a Prius?". I said "look, it says Hyundai Accent right there" and she was like "I thought it said Prius".

Lol...is she an idiot or did she never look of her the back of her car and see the name?

ALB15
bullchaser, 12 February 2018, 02:16
cincyspotter wrote:
I was out taking pictures of a gorgeous Ferrari 458 when a lady came up and asked if it was more expensive then the new Mazda Miata.

I would have said, "Not quite! The Mazda Miata actually stole a lot of Ferrari's thunder when the new model came out." You gotta go along with them hahaha. :D

bullchaser
from Illinois
Leaf_Soto, 18 February 2018, 05:26
I used to work for an auto parts store actually and I'd say that maybe 2% of my customers had no idea what they were driving. (Also apparently, you can get a K&N performance air intake filter for a Prius...)

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
sumosloths, 19 February 2018, 15:37
Guy at my work insisted the E class was Mercedes's top of the line sedan while the S class was mid-range.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Leaf_Soto, 20 February 2018, 22:11
sumosloths wrote:
Guy at my work insisted the E class was Mercedes's top of the line sedan while the S class was mid-range.

In some of their older commercials they made it seem like it, so I can understand his confusion, but he has never been more wrong

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Gnasher, 13 March 2018, 01:31
Haha always a fun subject....

Back in the day my uncle had a original Audi Quattro ('85 I think she was) in Tornado red, and i'll always remember him telling me that someone once actually asked him if it was a Ferrari :D

Don't get me started on MoVlogs lol.

Gnasher
from United Kingdom
lukaku145, 13 March 2018, 21:17
All of the dumb things I've heard:

Delray, FL:
I saw a Veyron Vitesse and some 60 year old pretended to know a lot about the car and told his friends that it had a V12 and that EB stands for "Edition Bugatti".

Delray, FL:
Someone called McLaren MP4 a Maserati.

Delray, FL:
Someone asked me if a BMW Issetta is electric.

Middletown, DE:
Someone asked me if a C6 Corvette was a Ferrari, and when I said no they said "Oh it's a Mustang".

Washington, DC:
Someone called a BMW i8 "a blue race car"

Palm Beach, FL:
An old guy with a California told me that his car was a one off and that "If I was good" I could be his hood-ornament. I was like 10 and still knew he was full of sh*t.

Delray, FL:
Someone said that a Jeep SRT-8 which was revving is "ass" because "it's a Jeep" who was upset at me for filming it instead of his dad's A5 which he was driving. When I told him that it was an SRT-8 he angrily told me "It's not hard to spend $50 to put a muffler on your car". I'm not sure he understands what a muffler is.
Last modified by lukaku145, 13 March 2018, 21:19

lukaku145
from Charlotte, North Carolina
Leaf_Soto, 14 March 2018, 03:25
lukaku145 wrote:

Delray, FL:
I saw a Veyron Vitesse and some 60 year old pretended to know a lot about the car and told his friends that it had a V12 and that EB stands for "Edition Bugatti".

Delray, FL:

Delray, FL:

Middletown, DE:
Someone asked me if a C6 Corvette was a Ferrari, and when I said no they said "Oh it's a Mustang".

Washington, DC:

Palm Beach, FL:
An old guy with a California told me that his car was a one off and that "If I was good" I could be his hood-ornament. I was like 10 and still knew he was full of sh*t.

Delray, FL:
Someone said that a Jeep SRT-8 which was revving is "ass" because "it's a Jeep" who was upset at me for filming it instead of his dad's A5 which he was driving. When I told him that it was an SRT-8 he angrily told me "It's not hard to spend $50 to put a muffler on your car". I'm not sure he understands what a muffler is.

And unless you go performance, no muffler costs $50. It's like $22 for a universal replacement and even the beginning of performance brands cost $35.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
waddle2gracious, 14 March 2018, 03:55
lukaku145 wrote:

Delray, FL:

Delray, FL:

Delray, FL:

Middletown, DE:

Washington, DC:

Palm Beach, FL:

Delray, FL:

Wow those are some bad ones- I might have lost it with the guy talking about the Bugatti xD

waddle2gracious
from Florida
FastMojo2, 14 March 2018, 06:21
So far from what I heard in blogs and topics about my pics:

- Someone calls a Koenigsegg CCX a Koenigsegg Agera R.
- Someone tells me that my 89hp Honda Brio can outrun a 1,001 hp Bugatti Veyron.
- Someone shares my chrome gold Lamborghini Aventador captioning it was in Dubai, although actually it was in Jakarta, Indonesia.
- Someone calls a riced normal Civic a Civic Type R.
- Someone calls a RR Wraith a w*nker car.
- Someone calls almost every Ferrari owner a 'showoff'

And many more that I haven't see.
Last modified by FastMojo2, 18 April 2018, 07:14

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
Georgiaspotter, 11 April 2018, 22:09
When I was younger (8 years old) I was told that any non-red Ferrari was a fake Ferrari.... and I believed it.

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia
abcs, 16 April 2018, 05:57
Apparently the Mazda Miata only has two seats because it's "really fast" smh
Last modified by abcs, 16 April 2018, 05:57

abcs
from Canada
hyoung90, 16 April 2018, 14:29
My friend arguing on Facebook of all places on the ideology that his '99 Acura TL can outrun a GT350R. His defense was his 'HKS intercooler' sucks more air in than that of a Mustang.

Literally had me dead ass laughing.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Mustang7, 16 April 2018, 19:23
My mom called a McLaren 650s a McLaren PR3 WXR or something like that. That’s not dumb it’s just funny :)

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
Leaf_Soto, 16 April 2018, 21:28
Wait until you guys here how my dog describes my Saturn.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Post a reply