Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
cargame_parker, 18 January 2015, 10:40
I still get frustrated by the time we were driving through Atlanta and an Aventador (this was right as they came out) was driving in the traffic with us and I kept searching for my camera through the luggage and when I FINALLY pulled it out there was no SD card inside and so I frantically searched for it and then, once finally I could take the picture, it was on the exit ramp onto another interstate and on the far lane and the only shots I got was pictures with other cars in front of it.
To this day I always have my camera in my lap in the car or in an easy to reach place

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
sumosloths, 18 January 2015, 12:20
Just yesterday I saw a black Aventador Roadster, a brand new dark purple R8 Spyder, and an i8. Missed them all. I would see them from about a block away, but I swear they just disappeared into thin air once I started to follow them. I was kinda sick though, so I couldn't really run.

When I was in Beverly Hills almost a year ago I got some cool spots, like the Bluegatti and the red 50th Anniversary Aventador Roadster. I was kind of tight on time though, and I ended up missing that grey/matte grey Vitesse and the chrome blue Aventador by only about 2 minutes.

I had some bad misses at car week, though I actually technically got shots of them, like a red P1 (which turned out good enough to post), that matte black Huayra, and a Panoz Esperente.

My local McLaren dealer has delivered 10 P1's so far, and I've seen 5 of them (not including a pre-production one they had on display), but I've missed the other 5. I'm sure I'll see them eventually, though.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Lamborarri, 18 January 2015, 13:06
Lamborarri wrote:
Of all the cars we spot, some of them manage to evade our cameras. Some of those cars are very rare cars that you may never see again. What is the car (or cars) you are most upset about missing?

Mine is a Lucra LC470 that I saw while I was driving by Culvers in Downers Grove. I could've easily gotten pics, but alas there was not any time in my schedule, as I was busy that day.

I forgot one more that made me mad when I couldn't get a shot of it. As I was in Gardiner, Montana last summer, I missed a silver XJ220 parked in an alleyway that I saw from two blocks away. It was too hot to be walking out to get shots of it, and when it cooled down it was gone.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
GvanExotics, 18 January 2015, 17:50
White water rafting and had my gopro running and was filming it all, and then it shuts off out of battery. About 10 seconds later an orange bugatti vitesse rips down the dirt road next to me. I go into town the next day (Idaho) and see a flyer for a road rally with 7 Bugattis, 2 Lambos, and about 85 other exotics like a 918. I realize there was a cruise with all the cars in the town the night before an hour after I was done shopping in the town. Then the next day of the rally, I tried to go late but I couldn't get in without a ticket. Turns out one of the bugattis reaches 246 mph and I missed it all. I was pissed.
Last modified by GvanExotics, 18 January 2015, 23:51

GvanExotics
from Pittsford, New York
lamboman505, 18 January 2015, 18:11
GvanExotics wrote:
White water rafting and had my gopro running and was filming it all, and then it shuts off out of battery. About 10 seconds later an orange bugatti vitesse rips down the dirt road next to me. I go into town the next day (Idaho) and see a flyer for a road rally with 7 Bugattis, 2 Lambos, and about 85 other exotics like a 918. I realize there was a cruise with all the cars in the town the night before an hour after I was done shopping in the town. Then the next day of the rally, I tried to go late but I couldn't get in without a ticket. Turns out one of the bugattis reaches 246 mph and I missed it all. I was pissed.

my uncle lives there and gave me pics of two 918s,and they are legal on the site. but it looks like a show but Porsche was just in a parking lot letting people take pictures.

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
TYI, 18 January 2015, 19:11
Pagani Zonda F
a couple Murcielagos
Diablo
Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series
Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series

TYI
from Columbus, Ohio
Lamborarri, 18 January 2015, 19:15
TYI wrote:
Pagani Zonda F
a couple Murcielagos
Diablo
Mercedes C63 AMG Black Series
Mercedes CLK63 AMG Black Series

Where was the Zonda?

Lamborarri
from Illinois
sumosloths, 19 January 2015, 00:10
I just remembered that a few months ago, there were 12 Mercedes AMG GT's roaming around San Francisco and the surrounding area (testing/showcasing). A lot of people spotted them, and I was sure I'd spot at least one before they left. The hotel where they were all staying was about 5 minutes away from my school, so I wanted my mom to bring me there after school one day. I asked her to grab my camera before picking me up, but she had already left. Decided to go the next day instead, but when I got to the hotel, they were gone - all gone, without a trace. Now I'll just have to wait until car week probably :/

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Eeti, 19 January 2015, 03:51
cargame_parker wrote:
To this day I always have my camera in my lap in the car or in an easy to reach place

Yeah, that was a rookie mistake.
Deleted account
cargame_parker, 19 January 2015, 11:37
Eeti wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

Yeah, that was a rookie mistake.

duh

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Eeti, 14 February 2015, 07:22
Not the worst, but certainly painful. My first Mk.2 997 GT3 RS in my favorite color scheme, and I miss it not twice, but thrice!

[http://i.imgur.com/qCT71ii.jpg]

[http://i.imgur.com/88yluv3.jpg]

[http://i.imgur.com/e6H6jG6.jpg]
Last modified by Eeti, 14 February 2015, 13:23
Deleted account
Mustang1, 15 February 2015, 09:37
Never see much sl this might come as a shock to some people
Lambirghini huracan (yesterday just saw the roofline as I was entering atlanta)
Bentley flying spur
Maserati granturismo
White lamborghini gallardo(never actually seen)
Bmw z8

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
Tbonian, 15 February 2015, 20:02
I haven't really missed much. I have missed a blue Gallardos, 2 red 458's, a white 458, a cool rolls, a few maseratis, that's about it.

Tbonian
Tbonian, 15 February 2015, 20:06
This post was deleted 16 February 2015, 02:06 by Tbonian

Tbonian
AJ Ferrari, 15 February 2015, 20:46
This one really bummed me out. It is definitely one of my favorite spots and I pretty much missed it...

[http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae329/AJ_Ferrari/Palm%20Beach%20December%202012/IMG_1571.jpg]

AJ Ferrari
Post a reply