Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
MrDoppler, 14 October 2015, 01:09
Hi! I just found this site and was so excited! You know, I see an exotic car in the Denver Area every once in a while (I even saw the black Veyron) but never took any pics. Now that I found this site im hoping i can post pics soon, But i need some tips how to take a good pic. Sorry to bother you guys. ~ MrDoppler

MrDoppler
from Denver, Colorado
Lamborarri, 14 October 2015, 01:16
Uh here's a few things:

1. Always hold the camera sideways, vertical pictures don't make the front page.
2. Don't move around too much when taking a shot even if you are excited, it will come out blurry.
3. Try out as many different angles as you can if possible. If the car is moving, try to find a good position for shooting it.
4. Include the whole car in your shot, a picture can't be posted here if it isn't showing the whole car.

You probably know all that, it's all I can think of. Anybody else have anything to say?

Lamborarri
from Illinois
Mtweedel13, 14 October 2015, 01:18
MrDoppler wrote:
Hi! I just found this site and was so excited! You know, I see an exotic car in the Denver Area every once in a while (I even saw the black Veyron) but never took any pics. Now that I found this site im hoping i can post pics soon, But i need some tips how to take a good pic. Sorry to bother you guys. ~ MrDoppler

Usually when I took pics that got on the site, I used a brand new iPod Touch that I got for Christmas. Then it locked me out, and now I'm stuck with an LG Optimus L9. It has a good camera for now, but I really want to get the iPod back in action. You can see the pictures from the iPod on my profile ( besides the Audi R8- That was my moms phone.)

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
MrDoppler, 14 October 2015, 01:26
Just to let you guys know i have a LG G2 as my primary photo device, however i do sometimes have a Nikon Koolpix camera with me. Many of my supercar sightings a from a moving car, so it hard to get a good quality shot with my photo devices

MrDoppler
from Denver, Colorado
Mazdafreak, 14 October 2015, 01:34
Yeah pretty much everything that Lamborarri said is what I'd recommend as well. The biggest thing is to make sure your camera/phone is turned so that the photos come out horizontally (like most of the photos on this site). That would probably be the best basic thing to know with your equipment, and as you take more and more photos, your skills and photographer's eye will grow.

I started taking pics with a Nikon Coolpix, and it's not great for motion shots. However, as long as you're not driving, it's usually not that hard to take pics from inside a car, and I never had any issues taking pics of still cars. Just make sure you press down halfway on the shutter release (the button you use to take the actual picture) to focus the camera, then press down all the way.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Post a reply