Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
pdkcars, 24 February 2017, 01:06
I'm pretty sure most of us have all done it. Ran to get pics of a car, go out daily on the main street to see something, etc. Share your stories I guess.

I'm not sure if this fits; it does get tedious but it pays off when I do see something:

- My classes are across from probably one of the best malls I've been to, it's an outdoor mall La Cantera, and I've seen some pretty crazy spots from there. I've had some luck. Seen a trio of 458s, a few other nice cars. Well I've just recently started walking over there in between classes or after classes to do some spotting and shop and stuff and so far I've seen an i8 and a few AMGs and Bentleys. Still waiting for something crazy. I mean I follow people who do spotting over here and there's been a lot of exotics and I'm bound to see one. It's definitely worth the walk. Kind of crazy for me considering I had actually never gone to the mall by myself before.
Last modified by pdkcars, 24 February 2017, 01:07

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Harm_Photography, 24 February 2017, 03:02
pdkcars wrote:
I'm pretty sure most of us have all done it. Ran to get pics of a car, go out daily on the main street to see something, etc. Share your stories I guess.

I'm not sure if this fits; it does get tedious but it pays off when I do see something:

- My classes are across from probably one of the best malls I've been to, it's an outdoor mall La Cantera, and I've seen some pretty crazy spots from there. I've had some luck. Seen a trio of 458s, a few other nice cars. Well I've just recently started walking over there in between classes or after classes to do some spotting and shop and stuff and so far I've seen an i8 and a few AMGs and Bentleys. Still waiting for something crazy. I mean I follow people who do spotting over here and there's been a lot of exotics and I'm bound to see one. It's definitely worth the walk. Kind of crazy for me considering I had actually never gone to the mall by myself before.

I'd say that fits. I on the other hand don't really have any extravagant story because... How do I say this without sounding like a dick... I'm a very nice person and please don't think that I'm a dick when I say this but; I am really good friends with some guys who own the new Lamborghini Huracans and a few Ferrari's so we usually hop in the lambo or the I8 and go pokemon hunting or just go cruising.

Harm_Photography
from Dayton, Ohio
cincyspotter, 24 February 2017, 13:44
Harm_Photography wrote:
pdkcars wrote:

I'd say that fits. I on the other hand don't really have any extravagant story because... How do I say this without sounding like a dick... I'm a very nice person and please don't think that I'm a dick when I say this but; I am really good friends with some guys who own the new Lamborghini Huracans and a few Ferrari's so we usually hop in the lambo or the I8 and go pokemon hunting or just go cruising.

Yeah superstarO is nice when it comes to giving people rides in his car. ;)

cincyspotter
from cincinnati, Ohio
Harm_Photography, 24 February 2017, 17:05
cincyspotter wrote:
Harm_Photography wrote:
pdkcars wrote:

Yeah superstarO is nice when it comes to giving people rides in his car. ;)

Hey now, I've given him rides in my Toyota Highlander. lol

Harm_Photography
from Dayton, Ohio
rivi3, 25 February 2017, 02:07
I never go to insane lengths to spot but I can't say the same about my mom... she ran a red light so I could catch a 918 Spyder in New Canaan.

rivi3
from New York
Mtweedel13, 25 February 2017, 18:02
When I was 15, I disobeyed my parents orders by using a nearby Maserati Ghibli as a "decoy" spot (told them I would be right back, I was getting pictures), to cross a road I wasn't supposed to cross to get pictures of a Ferrari that I wasn't even sure was there. Turns out it was there, along with a Murcielago convertible, brand new M2, Porsche, Lotus Elise with a wing, and a Corvette C6. I got grounded for a week, but it was the best combo I've ever seen that wasn't a show.

And sometimes, while out at the mall, I would say I was going to "look around", walk away, and then circle the parking lot looking for exotics. I still do this whenever I/we go there now, but the best I've found is a Viper.
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 25 February 2017, 18:05

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
pdkcars, 25 February 2017, 19:43
^ I have to say walking to and around the mall here paid off well. I'm sure I'm bound to find something more exotic in the coming weeks but yesterday I got to meet an R8 owner, probably one of the nicest owners I've met. I was kind of p'd off that the California drove off right as I got to the valet area (though it sounded great) but as I was taking pictures of the R8 (very nice valet too) the owner came out of Neiman Marcus with his wife and we starting talking but I was too excited to really say much haha. He popped the hood and let me take a picture of the engine bay and the interior when I noted that it was a manual. They drove all of the way down from Dallas. Must've been fun! It always puzzles me how some owners can be so mean when there are guys as nice as that.
Last modified by pdkcars, 25 February 2017, 19:45

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Werner, 26 February 2017, 20:50
I ran after an R8. My brother who I was with at the time, said "that's the fastest that I've ever seen you get out of a chair". It was an R8 V10 Plus, two weeks post delivery.
Saw it twenty minutes later, when it found a parking spot, and lunch. Photographed it, but my ISO was at 1600, so its grainy, but I did run after it.

When a Murcielago rolled by, I ran as fast as I could to catch it at the red light, but it turned green while I was about 175 yards out.

My friend was driving, I was in the back. My other friend was in the front, and saw a Ferrari. After some thinking, we identified it as a 458 (I can't think when I'm exited, and my friend doesn't care for cars). Upon seeing it again recently, I now know its a 458 Speciale, and with any luck, I will have my camera the next time I see it.

I have hopped fences, crossed streets, kneel'd in the road for photographs, ran small distances for car spotting, and asked my friend to drive all over tarnation for cars.

The only owner I have spoken to, had owned a '66 Corvette, but didn't own the '62 Vette that was the target of my camera.

Werner
from Coeur d'Alene, United States
Mustang1, 27 February 2017, 00:24
walked so much one day my dads legs were bright red and swollen, saw a lot of good things that day though :)

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
racemanryan, 27 February 2017, 01:37
I ran a city block beside the National Archives in Washington, D.C. in order to get pictures of a Ferrari 360 Spider while we were on vacation as I hadn't seen any nice cars up until that point. I also ran after a BMW i8 at North Greenville University while attend a church camp. My friends said that they've never seen me run so fast.

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
sumosloths, 04 March 2017, 16:14
I used to take pictures while driving but I don't really do that anymore, except maybe for snapchat.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Flaco_rarri, 04 March 2017, 17:38
Today on the highway I was chasing a dodge viper. I may or may not have been speeding lol

Flaco_rarri
from North Carolina
ClassichePhoto, 06 March 2017, 02:28
Once a Lamborghini Diablo drove by where I was standing with my tripod, but I decided to pick it up and run after it. Unfortunately, my tripod was all the way extended at 6 feet so it was hard to run with since it was very unstable and I almost dropped my camera as a result. I have never gotten so many people to laugh at once before.

ClassichePhoto
Mazdafreak, 06 March 2017, 03:55
Flaco_rarri wrote:
Today on the highway I was chasing a dodge viper. I may or may not have been speeding lol

Hope you got some pics!

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Flaco_rarri, 08 March 2017, 02:31
Mazdafreak wrote:
Flaco_rarri wrote:

Hope you got some pics!

I got one kinda blurry pic. Not upload worthy though.

Flaco_rarri
from North Carolina
Post a reply