Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
spotterjeff, 22 July 2014, 12:51
So I'm moving to CA in about a week, and thought to divert myself I'd indulge in some spotting along the way. I'll be driving from Cleveland to Sacramento, all along I-80. So I thought I'd throw it out there, anybody who knows of any spotting sites within say 30 miles of I-80, lemme know and I'll check them out if I can!

Looks like this will include:

Toledo, OH
Gary, IN
south side of Chicago, IL
Joliet, IL
Davenport, IA
Iowa City
Des Moines, IA
Omaha, NB
Lincoln, NB
(a whole lot of nothing... Cheyenne, WY?)
Salt Lake City, UT - really hope for some recommendations here
Reno, NV

spotterjeff
from Ohio
Lamboshane, 22 July 2014, 15:48
spotterjeff wrote:
So I'm moving to CA in about a week, and thought to divert myself I'd indulge in some spotting along the way. I'll be driving from Cleveland to Sacramento, all along I-80. So I thought I'd throw it out there, anybody who knows of any spotting sites within say 30 miles of I-80, lemme know and I'll check them out if I can!

Toledo, OH
Gary, IN
Joliet, IL
Davenport, IA
Iowa City
Des Moines, IA
Omaha, NB
Lincoln, NB
Reno, NV

Definitely go to Gary! You'll get shot and see all the exotics you want in heaven ;)

Lamboshane
from New York
IRphotography, 22 July 2014, 16:19
Lamboshane wrote:
spotterjeff wrote:

Toledo, OH
Gary, IN
Joliet, IL
Davenport, IA
Iowa City
Des Moines, IA
Omaha, NB
Lincoln, NB
Reno, NV

Definitely go to Gary! You'll get shot and see all the exotics you want in heaven ;)

Yeah, Gary is just amazing, isn't it? ;)
Deleted account
davisvehicles, 22 July 2014, 17:58
IRphotography wrote:
Lamboshane wrote:
spotterjeff wrote:

Toledo, OH
Gary, IN
Joliet, IL
Davenport, IA
Iowa City
Des Moines, IA
Omaha, NB
Lincoln, NB
Reno, NV

Yeah, Gary is just amazing, isn't it? ;)

LMAO!

Anyways, I can help you with Des Moins as well as Nebraska.

The nice area of Des Moins is Clive. Try checking the Des Moins Golf & Country club. Also the Stores off of University Avenue are good as well as Jordan Creek Mall.

Lincoln, NB you can check downtown, but you might not see much.

Omaha, NB is surprisingly decent. They have a White Porsche Carrera GT. Its seen a lot at the lifetime fitness off of center and 168th. Village Point Mall is also good and a lot of people see a red 458 there. Anywhere between 168th and 96th off of Dodge is good spotting. (Basically west omaha). Might wanna check out the county clubs too.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
spotterjeff, 23 July 2014, 16:19
Thanks! Yeah, I'll probably skip Toledo and Gary and try to spend some time in Chicago instead. I'll check out Clive and the parts of West Omaha, too.

Any more recommendations also appreciated!

spotterjeff
from Ohio
CTspotter458, 23 July 2014, 16:29
There is a Ferrari dealer in Utah

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
UtahCarSpotter, 25 July 2014, 00:43
spotterjeff wrote:

Toledo, OH
Gary, IN
Joliet, IL
Davenport, IA
Iowa City
Des Moines, IA
Omaha, NB
Lincoln, NB
Reno, NV

A recommendation for SLC Utah if you want to see some rare cars is the Ferrari/Maserati dealership cause they have a 288 GTO Evoluzione 1 of 4 in the world, a one of a kind 10 million dollar race car, a F50, F40, Enzo, 599 GTO.
There's two malls downtown close together that usually have exotics in the valet and parking garages as well as exotics in front of hotels. If you want there's also the Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi dealerships close by as well as Ducati dealership if you like bikes. Hope this helps

UtahCarSpotter
from Salt Lake City, Utah
CTspotter458, 25 July 2014, 02:32
UtahCarSpotter wrote:
spotterjeff wrote:

Toledo, OH
Gary, IN
Joliet, IL
Davenport, IA
Iowa City
Des Moines, IA
Omaha, NB
Lincoln, NB
Reno, NV

A recommendation for SLC Utah if you want to see some rare cars is the Ferrari/Maserati dealership cause they have a 288 GTO Evoluzione 1 of 4 in the world, a one of a kind 10 million dollar race car, a F50, F40, Enzo, 599 GTO.
There's two malls downtown close together that usually have exotics in the valet and parking garages as well as exotics in front of hotels. If you want there's also the Porsche, Jaguar, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi dealerships close by as well as Ducati dealership if you like bikes. Hope this helps

I went to that dealer once, it was so crazy

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
Post a reply