Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
SebastianJ, 14 June 2014, 16:38
Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you NC spotters know of anywhere to spot in the Raleigh area (Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill). Also, are there any car shows or C&C's worth attending?
Thanks, and I appreciate your response!

SebastianJ
from North Carolina
Mazdafreak, 14 June 2014, 17:18
SebastianJ wrote:
Hey guys! I was wondering if any of you NC spotters know of anywhere to spot in the Raleigh area (Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill). Also, are there any car shows or C&C's worth attending?
Thanks, and I appreciate your response!

I'm in Cary several times a week. There are quite a few exotics there, but there isn't really a good spotting place to reliably see anything. If you drive around in the Kildaire Farm Rd/Tryon Rd area you will occasionally see something, but it's more luck than anything else to actually see anything.

I'm at the Wade Ave Whole Foods maybe twice a month, and there was one Friday evening that I was sitting in the car waiting while my mom shopped and saw two Fisker Karma's, a GranTurismo, an Elise, a California, and maybe a Corvette ZR1 (can't remember if I saw it on that day or not). But it's extremely hit or miss there as well; I've seen a few Maseratis around there lately and a new 911 Turbo S but nothing more exotic than that.

If you can, I'd recommend going to the Arboretum Plaza in Cary. I have seen some very rare cars at and around that plaza (SLS Black Series, F12, GT3 RS) and there is also an expensive hotel about half a mile away that I have heard sometimes has a Ferrari or Bentley owner stay there. I think it's called the Unstead Hotel and Spa but can't remember.

C&C Cary has been kicked out of their location at Waverly Place and I don't know if another will take its place. Another C&C started at the Raleigh Grande Plaza on Glenwood near Duraleigh Rd and I think it meets on the third Saturday of the month. I don't think the turnout for exotics is nearly as good as Waverly or Brier Creek ever was. I find out about other car shows that mainly have Ferrari's though, so the next time I find out about one I'll notify you.

ES really needs some more NC spotters...

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
williamparish, 14 June 2014, 18:18
I see most of my stuff in the 27614 zip code.

williamparish
from North Carolina
SebastianJ, 14 June 2014, 18:30
Thanks for the info! My dad works at SAS, which is near Arboretum Plaza, so I might have a chance to go there sometime. I have found that it's mostly luck seeing exotics around here, and on the rare occasion that I do see an exotic, it's usually driving around in a random area or parked in a random parking lot. I got lucky at Crabtree once, where I saw a Continental Supersports, Continental Flying Spur Speed, and an M6 in the valet lot at the same time, and in the North Hills parking lot, I saw a GranTurismo MC Stradale and a Quattroporte (the new one) but that's the extent of my luck in terms of seeing exotics together.

I used to live near the Wade Avenue Whole Foods, and went there frequently, but I don't recall ever seeing anything out of the ordinary, though that was a few years ago. I live near the newer Whole Foods now (I believe it's on Creedmoor) and I saw a 458 Spider there once (the light blue one on my page), but that's the only exotic I've ever seen there. However there does seem to be a high concentration of sports cars sitting in the parking lot (M3s, C7 Corvette Stingrays, 911s, etc.).

That really sucks that C&C has been kicked out. I would appreciate notification if you hear about any car shows, or updates on C&C's in the area, as I have no idea where to get info on that kind of thing.

And yes, ES needs more NC spotters!!!

SebastianJ
from North Carolina
SebastianJ, 14 June 2014, 18:31
SebastianJ wrote:
Thanks for the info! My dad works at SAS, which is near Arboretum Plaza, so I might have a chance to go there sometime. I have found that it's mostly luck seeing exotics around here, and on the rare occasion that I do see an exotic, it's usually driving around in a random area or parked in a random parking lot. I got lucky at Crabtree once, where I saw a Continental Supersports, Continental Flying Spur Speed, and an M6 in the valet lot at the same time, and in the North Hills parking lot, I saw a GranTurismo MC Stradale and a Quattroporte (the new one) but that's the extent of my luck in terms of seeing exotics together.

I used to live near the Wade Avenue Whole Foods, and went there frequently, but I don't recall ever seeing anything out of the ordinary, though that was a few years ago. I live near the newer Whole Foods now (I believe it's on Creedmoor) and I saw a 458 Spider there once (the light blue one on my page), but that's the only exotic I've ever seen there. However there does seem to be a high concentration of sports cars sitting in the parking lot (M3s, C7 Corvette Stingrays, 911s, etc.).

That really sucks that C&C has been kicked out. I would appreciate notification if you hear about any car shows, or updates on C&C's in the area, as I have no idea where to get info on that kind of thing.

And yes, ES needs more NC spotters!!!

Nick, this response is meant for you. I tried to reply to your comment directly, but it said it was too long, so I copy/pasted it to a new message.

SebastianJ
from North Carolina
SebastianJ, 14 June 2014, 18:33
williamparish wrote:
I see most of my stuff in the 27614 zip code.

Thanks! I live in the 27615 zip code, so I'll try and drive over to 27614 sometime and see what I see.

SebastianJ
from North Carolina
flacolp-700, 14 June 2014, 18:34
I usually always see something when im on the upper part of capital blvd! ALWAYS!
The problem is that im rarely on the upper part im usually on the lower part which is somewhat okey! Last time i was at the upper part i saw a 2 bentleys, 2 GTRs, Sooo many 911s, a corvette Zr1, and some maseratis. My cousin has seen a gallardo, a ferrari 458 and some maseratis. Thats our favorite place to spot on saturdays.

flacolp-700
from knightdale, North Carolina
SebastianJ, 14 June 2014, 18:42
flacolp-700 wrote:
I usually always see something when im on the upper part of capital blvd! ALWAYS!
The problem is that im rarely on the upper part im usually on the lower part which is somewhat okey! Last time i was at the upper part i saw a 2 bentleys, 2 GTRs, Sooo many 911s, a corvette Zr1, and some maseratis. My cousin has seen a gallardo, a ferrari 458 and some maseratis. Thats our favorite place to spot on saturdays.

Wow! I've never seen that much on Capital! Then again, I'm not on Capital much. I'll have to check it out!

SebastianJ
from North Carolina
flacolp-700, 14 June 2014, 18:58
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:

Wow! I've never seen that much on Capital! Then again, I'm not on Capital much. I'll have to check it out!

Yea its a good spotting place in my opinion. Yea just make sure its the upper part and your going to see an exotic.
I do warn you sometimes it does get boring.

flacolp-700
SebastianJ, 14 June 2014, 19:05
flacolp-700 wrote:
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:

Yea its a good spotting place in my opinion. Yea just make sure its the upper part and your going to see an exotic.

Ok well thanks for the info! Upload some of your pics sometime!

SebastianJ
from North Carolina
flacolp-700, 14 June 2014, 19:15
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:

Pics? what pics? I broke my good camera so im limited to my iphone. or ipod wich has horrible quality when i zoom in.
Most of the cars i see on there are out if range for phone cameras so i just go and look haha. So you deffinetly need a camera with good zoom to take pics there.

flacolp-700
Mazdafreak, 14 June 2014, 20:31
Sebastian - No problem, that's what I figured. You really have to be at Whole Foods at just the right time to see something exotic. At the one in Cary I've seen an Elise, Evora, F430, Gallardo Spyder Performante, GranTurismo , GT-R, GT3, and a couple of other GranTurismo's driving through the plaza, as well as a ton of exotics driving around on some of the nearby roads.

Wish I had a more reliable way to get to the Arboretum, there's got to be a ton of exotics that I've missed over there. I saw an SLS Roadster the day I saw the Black Series and F12, and I've also seen an E Type there as well as a Viper.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
SebastianJ, 14 June 2014, 23:51
Mazdafreak wrote:
Sebastian - No problem, that's what I figured. You really have to be at Whole Foods at just the right time to see something exotic. At the one in Cary I've seen an Elise, Evora, F430, Gallardo Spyder Performante, GranTurismo , GT-R, GT3, and a couple of other GranTurismo's driving through the plaza, as well as a ton of exotics driving around on some of the nearby roads.

Wish I had a more reliable way to get to the Arboretum, there's got to be a ton of exotics that I've missed over there. I saw an SLS Roadster the day I saw the Black Series and F12, and I've also seen an E Type there as well as a Viper.

Wow! I never see anything lol! The nicest thing I've ever spotted in the Raleigh area (and all of NC, with the exception of the Aventador Roadster I saw at Gumball) is the SLS or one of the two 458 Spiders I've seen. But yeah, I wish there was a more consistent place to spot around here. Just one street corner!!! That's all we need!!!

SebastianJ
from North Carolina
SebastianJ, 14 June 2014, 23:55
flacolp-700 wrote:
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:

Pics? what pics? I broke my good camera so im limited to my iphone. or ipod wich has horrible quality when i zoom in.
Most of the cars i see on there are out if range for phone cameras so i just go and look haha. So you deffinetly need a camera with good zoom to take pics there.

Oh I thought you got pics of stuff. I might not be able to get pics of stuff on Capital either if you have to have good zoom. I use an iPhone 4S (saving for a camera) for all my pics. Sometimes the zoom is so frustrating I want to run it over with a semi truck! Lol!

SebastianJ
from North Carolina
flacolp-700, 15 June 2014, 07:42
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:
SebastianJ wrote:
flacolp-700 wrote:

Oh I thought you got pics of stuff. I might not be able to get pics of stuff on Capital either if you have to have good zoom. I use an iPhone 4S (saving for a camera) for all my pics. Sometimes the zoom is so frustrating I want to run it over with a semi truck! Lol!

Yea thats exactly how i feel about my phone and ipod! I really need to buy a new camera fast!

flacolp-700
Post a reply