Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
DjShift, 03 November 2014, 15:29
Has anyone else noticed how weird the ratings system is when you compare how adding a like affects a photo's rating and adding a favorite affects the same photo's rating? While scrolling through the highest rated photos it gets really noticeable. How come putting a like on a photo changes it's rating drastically yet adding a favorite hardly does anything at all? I mean, i don't know about everyone else but i only put favorites on photos i find interesting or cars i really like and that's how it's supposed to be since we have a limit on how many we can have but you can put a like on everything and it's how the site is supposed to be. So, why do the likes do so much more than the favorites? Shouldn't it be the other way around since you're less likely to get a bunch of favorites than you are a bunch of likes?

Here's a good example of that i'm talking about.

with these two photos, the top one has a 166/34 ratio of likes to favorites and the bottom one has a 154/71 ratio. if you are to add up the likes and favorites on each photo, that would mean the top should have a score of 200 and the bottom one should be at 225. So how come the One-77 has a higher rating than the Lancia Stratos (not saying any one picture or car is better than the other, just talking ratings here).

Do you guys see my point though? Why do likes do so much more for the ratings even though it's the favorites that are more exclusive?

Aston Martin One-77

Lancia Stratos
Last modified by DjShift, 03 November 2014, 21:31

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
andrewo, 03 November 2014, 16:15
Only the admins can say for sure but I'm guessing this is because the favoriting thing was added later. If a favorite and a like were weighted equally, only photos posted after the favoriting system was added would end up on the highest rated list. My highest rated photo was posted before we had the option to favorite photos.
Deleted account
beckerman, 04 November 2014, 10:16
You can only have 1000 favorited pics but you can like all the pics on the site you want

beckerman
from Hoyt, Kansas
DjShift, 04 November 2014, 13:22
beckerman wrote:
You can only have 1000 favorited pics but you can like all the pics on the site you want

That's what i'm saying. i don't get why the likes effect the ratings so much more than the favorites when there's a limit on how much you can favorite.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
Post a reply