Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
TEZILLA, 10 April 2021, 21:24
I’m just curious if anyone searches the VIN (or license plate to VIN) of the cars they spot. You can get things like the MSRP and how many times the vehicle was listed for sale and where it was listed for sale and it’s sale price. I use websites such as: vehiclehistory.com and vincheck.info to get the VIN (or plate to VIN) report on cars. It is also useful for unknown models. Sadly these sites have a daily limit and are the only free vin check services. Pretty sure vehicle history is about 10 a day and vincheck.info is about 3 or 4 a day. I do clear cookies and use VPN to bypass the limit though. Even if a vehicle has temporary tags you can still get the vin from those tags (they are small letters usually near one of the corners of the tag). Sometimes license plate holders cover the vin on the tag though. Sometimes you can also get the vin from the windshield. Either through a windshield sticker or on some exotics like for example the 458, have the vin just below the corner of the windshield near the hood. I have found a lot of info about cars I spotted. For example, a flying spur I spotted had a salvage title. License plate to VIN searches sometimes are inaccurate though. Sometimes you get the wrong car and other times they simply can’t match a VIN to the license plate. However, direct VIN searches are pretty much 100% effective.
Last modified by TEZILLA, 10 April 2021, 21:26

TEZILLA
Exoticsont, 11 April 2021, 03:26
I don't think there is that kind of thing in Canada. So I don't.

Exoticsont
from Calgary , Canada
TEZILLA, 11 April 2021, 03:44
Exoticsont wrote:

I did find VIN search websites for Canada. But you can’t do plate to VIN, only direct VIN number. So you would have to get the VIN from the windshield.

TEZILLA
Exoticsont, 11 April 2021, 04:30
TEZILLA wrote:
Exoticsont wrote:

I did find VIN search websites for Canada. But you can’t do plate to VIN, only direct VIN number. So you would have to get the VIN from the windshield.

Okay really I didn't even know about that, I am on my way to check it out.

Exoticsont
from Calgary , Canada
Exoticsont, 11 April 2021, 04:38
Exoticsont wrote:
TEZILLA wrote:
Exoticsont wrote:

Okay really I didn't even know about that, I am on my way to check it out.

Ok so I tried it out its cool but the VIN is just to hard to get so I can't really use it but if I go to USA I will defiantly try it.

Exoticsont
from Calgary , Canada
FastMojo2, 11 April 2021, 13:08
I sometimes did it, but only for personal use.

I'm not gonna share VINs to anyone.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
TEZILLA, 11 April 2021, 18:05
FastMojo2 wrote:
I sometimes did it, but only for personal use.

I'm not gonna share VINs to anyone.

Alright. I’m not sure how it works in Indonesia, but in the USA VINs are considered public records and are available to anyone. VINs only give information about the vehicle, not the owner of said vehicle (at least in the USA).

TEZILLA
Post a reply