Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
carguyjt, 02 July 2014, 17:44
Just wondering, have you ever gotten in trouble with the police when you were carspotting?

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
CTspotter458, 02 July 2014, 20:48
Not the cops, just Valets

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
tramonto, 02 July 2014, 20:55
I've had valets joking say "that'll cost $10," and the best one was the one who (after I took the picture) walked up to the car and said, get me in it, it'll be worth more.
But generally, I haven't ever had an issue.

tramonto
nyexphotography, 02 July 2014, 20:57
Security guards outside a gated neighborhood.

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
car-beast, 02 July 2014, 20:59
The hotel people don't like when I take photos while people are in the cars but no trouble yet. I do somehow have a feeling I'll get in trouble some day even though there shouldn't be anything wrong with taking photos of a car.
Deleted account
hyoung90, 02 July 2014, 21:26
Valet parkers here are generally really chill about it. They even take pics themselves sometimes.. more so on Muscles than exotics.

but my best time was when i thought this guy was a valet parker cause he kinda dressed like one, but turns out to be the owner of a 458 i was standing in front of. He really appreciated that i actually took interest in his Ferrari.

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Epic-car-spoter, 02 July 2014, 22:46
Not yet but I think one day I will but I hope I don't get in trouble for car spotting, cause there is nothing wrong with it. If car spotting is the worst thing you do then who cares what other people think. If you enjoy car spotting the people who think it is wierd should kiss your ass.

But I have had people give me dirty looks, and ask me what I am doing, but that dose not stop me.

Epic-car-spoter
from Colorado Springs, Colorado
sumosloths, 03 July 2014, 01:07
I sometimes have trouble when I go to the Lamborghini dealer near my school. I've only ever gotten yelled at once, when I took a picture of one of the first Aventador Roadsters in the country in a staff-only area. I didn't get in much trouble, but one of the employees shouted "hey, no pictures here!". I also get told not to take pictures of customer cars, but they are usually pretty nice about it. One guy has said just not to get any plates in my photos, but then I just sneak them and then blank out the plates later. Also, my friend and I found a brand new Huayra there about a month ago and after being there and taking pictures of it for about 5 minutes, a guy came and told us to delete all the photos we took. I saw it later on the road though, so it was fine.

The guys at McLaren San Francisco are always nice, except once when there was a yellow P1 getting driven home. I was told by a maintenance worker to stick around a few minutes to see it come out of the service garage (props to that guy by the way) and so I did. After I had taken a few photos of it (without any people in them), the sales manager was like, "ok, that's enough." I was pretty shocked because he had been nice to me before. So then I went to where the P1 would be pulling onto the road and waited there to take some more pictures, and I did when it came by. The sales manager then said "that's enough now, leave him alone!". Then I realized that he was probably just worried that the client wouldn't be too happy with kids running around like paparazzi taking pictures of his car. I think that's what happened with the Huayra too.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
joshmphotography, 03 July 2014, 01:37
Just so you guys know, no one has the right to make you delete pictures. I forget all the rules, but look up photographer's rights.

joshmphotography
from Rochester, New York
Eeti, 03 July 2014, 03:11
huracan2015 wrote:
Just so you guys know, no one has the right to make you delete pictures. I forget all the rules, but look up photographer's rights.

In public places they can't tell you to not take pictures (or they can, but you can just ignore it), but I don't know if dealerships would be considered as public, especially some backrooms.
Deleted account
maxim380, 03 July 2014, 04:59
Some security guard sent me away from a hotel in London last week when I wanted to take some pictures of an Aventador

maxim380
from Netherlands
Lamboshane, 03 July 2014, 06:38
Never any police but one idiot Alpina B7 owner told me I was taking illegal pictures.

Lamboshane
from New York
flacolp-700, 03 July 2014, 07:17
I have gotten yelled at by some people but never any police trouble. I sometimes get weird looks to :)

flacolp-700
from knightdale, North Carolina
xXFerrariFanXx, 03 July 2014, 08:11
Honestly, all I've gotten are nice reactions, my next door neighbor gave me a ride in his Model S, the Ferrari dealership let me in the service shop to take pics of an Enzo, and (more recently) let me in a few minutes after closing to take pictures of an F40 and Enzo parked next to each other, A guy in a McLaren 12c waved at when I was taking pics, etc, etc, etc.

xXFerrariFanXx
from Florida
williamparish, 03 July 2014, 09:35
They can't make you delete pictures unless you're on their property. If you take a picture of a car from the public street that is sitting on their property that is fine but if you go on their property in anyway then they can tell you to delete the pictures or press invasion of privacy charges, not many people will so long as you have their permission. This probably varies based on local laws as well.

williamparish
from North Carolina
Post a reply