Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
DjShift, 13 November 2013, 17:19
Pretty easy to tell the Federalists in here isn't it.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
FanOfSuperCars, 13 November 2013, 17:24
Chloe wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Chloe wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Chloe wrote:
torontospots wrote:
If it's on a completely different day though, therefore a completely different spot, can I post all 4?

You can do that.

I disagree. You should only be able to have to spots per car, maximum.

The admins actions prove otherwise.

The rules clearly state that there are only two pictures per car allowed. I can't help that people can't read/follow rules.

They can be interpreted in many ways. They say "max 2 pictures per car", but it doesn't say anything if you spot the same car again on a different occasion. And because they don't seem to care if the same car is uploaded more than two times, one could conclude that it is in fact allowed.

but it also doesnt say anything about if you spot the same car again in a different occasion that you can post 1 or 2 more photos of it if you already have 2 up.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 13 November 2013, 22:25

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
cartmen220, 13 November 2013, 17:35
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Chloe wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Chloe wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Chloe wrote:
torontospots wrote:
If it's on a completely different day though, therefore a completely different spot, can I post all 4?

You can do that.

I disagree. You should only be able to have to spots per car, maximum.

The admins actions prove otherwise.

The rules clearly state that there are only two pictures per car allowed. I can't help that people can't read/follow rules.

They can be interpreted in many ways. They say "max 2 pictures per car", but it doesn't say anything if you spot the same car again on a different occasion. And because they don't seem to care if the same car is uploaded more than two times, one could conclude that it is in fact allowed.

but it also doesnt say anything about if you spot the same car again in a different occasion that you can post 1 or 2 more photos of it if you already have 2 up.

There's no way anything can be proven if the user doesn't show the license plate so (imo) this is a pointless rule to uphold. Someone can just claim they don't want to show the license plate for the sake of the owners privacy (a legitimate reason and something I've done before) and get away with it.

edit: I'm not saying 2 photos per spot is a pointless rule to uphold. You definitely shouldn't be allowed to upload 4 shots of the same car in the same place on the same day. But if you spot the same car 5 months apart and in a completely different town, why should that be illegal?
Last modified by cartmen220, 13 November 2013, 22:46

cartmen220
from New Jersey
c-osu7, 13 November 2013, 17:53
I agree with you Brian.

c-osu7
from Ohio
r8lover, 13 November 2013, 18:29
cartmen220 wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Chloe wrote:

There's no way anything can be proven if the user doesn't show the license plate so (imo) this is a pointless rule to uphold. Someone can just claim they don't want to show the license plate for the sake of the owners privacy (a legitimate reason and something I've done before) and get away with it.

edit: I'm not saying 2 photos per spot is a pointless rule to uphold. You definitely shouldn't be allowed to upload 4 shots of the same car in the same place on the same day. But if you spot the same car 5 months apart and in a completely different town, why should that be illegal?

Maximum of two pictures per car should mean a maximum of two pictures per car, period. It doesn't say "maximum of two pictures per sighting of a car," it says a "maximum of two pictures per car." Many times enough people simply don't pay enough attention to see if someone has uploaded multiple pictures of the same car, so really it is more of a common decency rule. I doubt the admins or mods want to look through everyone's photos, find the cars they have multiples of, and then figure out which shots should be removed or have to contact the owner of the shots.

Let us not forget the user cromok, who uploaded 8-14 pictures of certain cars on his account. That is most likely why he has so many photos uploaded. He may have seen them at different points, but it is still 8+ pictures of the same car. Who wants to see that?
Deleted account
cartmen220, 13 November 2013, 19:46
r8lover wrote:
Maximum of two pictures per car should mean a maximum of two pictures per car, period. It doesn't say "maximum of two pictures per sighting of a car," it says a "maximum of two pictures per car." Many times enough people simply don't pay enough attention to see if someone has uploaded multiple pictures of the same car, so really it is more of a common decency rule. I doubt the admins or mods want to look through everyone's photos, find the cars they have multiples of, and then figure out which shots should be removed or have to contact the owner of the shots.

Let us not forget the user cromok, who uploaded 8-14 pictures of certain cars on his account. That is most likely why he has so many photos uploaded. He may have seen them at different points, but it is still 8+ pictures of the same car. Who wants to see that?

You're right, it is common decency. It's unenforceable. In the same way you shouldn't flood the front page, you shouldn't upload more than 2 photos per car. I'd wager that a greater majority of spots uploaded to this website just don't have license plates in the shot, whether they were edited out or the plate just wasn't in the shot given the angle. How can you tell (without license plates) whether or not the same red f430 has been uploaded more than 2 times by the same user? It's impossible.
Last modified by cartmen220, 14 November 2013, 00:47

cartmen220
from New Jersey
r8lover, 13 November 2013, 19:53
cartmen220 wrote:
You're right, it is common decency. It's unenforceable. In the same way you shouldn't flood the front page, you shouldn't upload more than 2 photos per car. I'd wager that a greater majority of spots uploaded to this website just don't have license plates in the shot, whether they were edited out or the plate just wasn't in the shot given the angle. How can you tell (without license plates) whether or not the same red f430 has been uploaded more than 2 times by the same user? It's impossible.

That is entirely correct, which is exactly why we simply have to rely on the uploader to not break the rules and upload just two pictures per car. I used to have three photos of the yellow Enzo I saw, but decided to take one down so I could not break the rules. I don't see why people need to upload more than two total pictures of a car. If that is allowed to happen, I'm sure there will be people who upload the same Continental or 911 many, many times so eventually we'll be seeing many repeats of cars.
Deleted account
venomgt95, 13 November 2013, 20:50
To think...all this started cuz of me.... :P

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
nyexphotography, 13 November 2013, 20:51
venomgt95 wrote:

What happened?

nyexphotography
from Rochester , New York
DjShift, 13 November 2013, 22:22
r8lover wrote:

I agree with you fully but you probably shouldn't have mentioned Cromok because when you say "Who wants to see that?", the answer would be, lots of people did. He has tons of likes on each photo (even the doubles).
Last modified by DjShift, 14 November 2013, 03:22

DjShift
r8lover, 13 November 2013, 22:33
DjShift wrote:
I agree with you fully but you probably shouldn't have mentioned Cromok because when you say "Who wants to see that?", the answer would be, lots of people did. He has tons of likes on each photo (even the doubles).

I don't think anyone realized that most of his photos were actually just of the same cars. I remember there was quite the negative reaction toward him when people found out.
Deleted account
DjShift, 13 November 2013, 23:23
r8lover wrote:
DjShift wrote:

I don't think anyone realized that most of his photos were actually just of the same cars. I remember there was quite the negative reaction toward him when people found out.

Yeah. But he was a great photographer. I wish he still posted. I understand he isn't above the rules though.

DjShift
cartmen220, 14 November 2013, 06:52
venomgt95 wrote:

I don't get it.. how did this start with you?

cartmen220
from New Jersey
venomgt95, 14 November 2013, 07:33
venomgt95 wrote:
i got another pic of the same viper i saw awhile ago. is it ok for me to post it again? its in the same place. i only ask because lemurking13 also has 3 pics of the same delorean up.

Delorean 1
Delorean 2
Delorean 3

This^^^

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
dallasexotics10, 20 November 2013, 19:55
About 7 months ago I uploaded a picture of a CLK63 AMG Black Series but a few months later it was deleted because the category I put it in was deleted. Not sure if I should be asking you guys or the mods/admins about this. I know some of you guys don't like reuploads but I'm just wondering if you guys think it would be okay to reupload it because of how it got deleted?

dallasexotics10
from Dallas, Texas
Post a reply