Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Diablo_SV, 11 February 2016, 22:31
So a "pseudo spot" is basically a spot in an area where the cars are expected to be?

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
SDJ2_Photography, 12 February 2016, 01:54
Diablo_SV wrote:
So a "pseudo spot" is basically a spot in an area where the cars are expected to be?

Yeah, will things like country clubs be considered grounds for "pseudo spots"?

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
gregg, 12 February 2016, 15:33
SDJ2_Photography wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:

Depends, if there is the same car always parked at the same country club, then yes, that's not a "real" spotting. It's like the Veyron that's always parked in front of the jewelry store in Beverly Hills. But generally, pseudo spots are near car shows and dealerships.

gregg
bullchaser, 12 February 2016, 16:25
gregg wrote:
SDJ2_Photography wrote:
Diablo_SV wrote:

Depends, if there is the same car always parked at the same country club, then yes, that's not a "real" spotting. It's like the Veyron that's always parked in front of the jewelry store in Beverly Hills. But generally, pseudo spots are near car shows and dealerships.

That makes sense, thanks for clearing that up, I think that's a pretty good system!

bullchaser
from Illinois
Lamborarri, 14 February 2016, 19:28
gregg wrote:
Super cropped-in photos are usually not featured anyways...

Could you please make the image dimensions a bit bigger? In order for me to be able to upload shots taken on my Nikon D3300, I have to crop them in a decent amount so my shots are almost never featured due to this. Not complaining about my shots not being featured, just asking if the dimensions can be made bigger.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
FanOfSuperCars, 14 February 2016, 19:39
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:

Could you please make the image dimensions a bit bigger? In order for me to be able to upload shots taken on my Nikon D3300, I have to crop them in a decent amount so my shots are almost never featured due to this. Not complaining about my shots not being featured, just asking if the dimensions can be made bigger.

Just resize the photo itself, don't crop it.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
Lamborarri, 14 February 2016, 19:41
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:

Oh, hadn't thought of that.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
sumosloths, 14 February 2016, 21:52
Lamborarri wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:

...Really?

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
racemanryan, 15 February 2016, 01:49
Lamborarri wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:

Use www.jpeg-optimizer.com That's what I use since my photos are way too big for this site

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
ExoticSam, 15 February 2016, 03:04
Pixlr is good for that too, that's what I use

ExoticSam
from Cape Cod, Massachusetts
sumosloths, 15 February 2016, 03:45
I don't usually have to resize, but if I do I just use photoshop to save the photo one quality level lower.

sumosloths
gregg, 15 February 2016, 15:29
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:

I didn't realize that's why you were cropping the photos. I suspect some others are doing the same thing. You shouldn't have to crop the photos down. We want you uploading the best quality version of your photos (with the redesign, we will be showing larger image formats).

I will have a fix for this soon and will let you guys know with a forum posting.

gregg
gregg, 16 February 2016, 16:26
OK, you should be able to upload larger files now. No need to crop photos or minimize the files.

gregg
sumosloths, 16 February 2016, 18:17
gregg wrote:
OK, you should be able to upload larger files now. No need to crop photos or minimize the files.

Awesome.

sumosloths
carguyjt, 16 February 2016, 18:41
sumosloths wrote:
gregg wrote:

Awesome.

Yay! 30 MB max! now I don't have to lower the quality on my shots! Thanks Gregg!

carguyjt
from Littleton, Colorado
Post a reply