Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
BugattiBoy, 09 December 2018, 13:45
For me, I'm poor af so it'd probably be something like a 300ZX, Miata, 240sx, Integra, or maybe a Focus SVT. Or an Impreza WRX if I can find one in good shape....

BugattiBoy
from Mission Viejo, California
r8lover, 14 December 2018, 21:20
I'm looking at getting a Model 3 in the spring if I find a place to live with a garage.
Deleted account
WorcesterSpotter, 14 December 2018, 21:34
Used Focus RS

WorcesterSpotter
Mazdafreak, 15 December 2018, 04:25
If I could fit in a NA Miata I would probably own one now. Unfortunately, I can't, at least not with the roof up, and that would be an issue given that I would be daily driving it.

I really want an S2000, but they're a little outside of my budget right now. I came close to buying a '04 Audi A4 1.8T a few weeks ago, a silver Quattro model with a six speed manual, but it died on the test drive, which obviously didn't score it any points with me lol. Still casually looking for something else, but in the meantime I'll keep driving my A6.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Star080, 15 December 2018, 17:18
A 2013 Lexus ES or Acura TL is what I want.

Star080
sumosloths, 16 December 2018, 07:23
Mazdafreak wrote:
If I could fit in a NA Miata I would probably own one now. Unfortunately, I can't, at least not with the roof up, and that would be an issue given that I would be daily driving it.

Biggest advantage to being 5'7"

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
sumosloths, 16 December 2018, 07:26
BugattiBoy wrote:
For me, I'm poor af so it'd probably be something like a 300ZX, Miata, 240sx, Integra, or maybe a Focus SVT. Or an Impreza WRX if I can find one in good shape....

I considered all of those as my first car (except maybe the 240), as well as some others. I chose an RX-8 and I still love it after almost 2 years!

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
WorcesterSpotter, 16 December 2018, 14:27
Mazdafreak wrote:

I really want an S2000, but they're a little outside of my budget right now. I came close to buying a '04 Audi A4 1.8T a few weeks ago, a silver Quattro model with a six speed manual, but it died on the test drive, which obviously didn't score it any points with me lol. Still casually looking for something else, but in the meantime I'll keep driving my A6.

Trading an A6 for an old A4, wtf

WorcesterSpotter
Mazdafreak, 16 December 2018, 17:02
WorcesterSpotter wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

My A6 is a 1995 Quattro model with over 310k miles on it. I'd like to keep driving it (it's cool to never ever park next to an identical model, plus it's fun to drive because it's a stick), but the differential is making a bit of noise and I'll need something to drive while I work on it/have it repaired. The A4 was a good deal (sounded like it had an aftermarket exhaust too), and the 1.8T/Quattro/six speed manual combination is the ideal spec to have, but obviously dying on a test drive didn't exactly reassure me of its maintenance history.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
WorcesterSpotter, 16 December 2018, 17:37
Mazdafreak wrote:
WorcesterSpotter wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

My A6 is a 1995 Quattro model with over 310k miles on it. I'd like to keep driving it (it's cool to never ever park next to an identical model, plus it's fun to drive because it's a stick), but the differential is making a bit of noise and I'll need something to drive while I work on it/have it repaired. The A4 was a good deal (sounded like it had an aftermarket exhaust too), and the 1.8T/Quattro/six speed manual combination is the ideal spec to have, but obviously dying on a test drive didn't exactly reassure me of its maintenance history.

Meh, then that kind of makes sense. I thought you meant a recent gen A6

WorcesterSpotter
Mazdafreak, 18 December 2018, 02:07
WorcesterSpotter wrote:

Who would want a new A6??? (Or any new Audi really?) They’re all boring af.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
WorcesterSpotter, 18 December 2018, 02:59
Mazdafreak wrote:
WorcesterSpotter wrote:

Newer audis are millions of times more luxurious and powerful (and imo both old and new audis look pretty boring)

WorcesterSpotter
r8lover, 19 December 2018, 01:12
Mazdafreak wrote:
WorcesterSpotter wrote:

They're super good and perfectly advanced lol. I am also looking at the new A/S5 because it's an amazingly car that is highly advanced.
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 19 December 2018, 01:27
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
WorcesterSpotter wrote:

They're super good and perfectly advanced lol. I am also looking at the new A/S5 because it's an amazingly car that is highly advanced.

One of my coworkers has a 2009 Infiniti G37S sedan. She's had to have some maintenance done on it recently, and one of her loaners has included a 2017 Q60S. She's taken me for a ride in each; I will grant that the Q60S was a better car on paper than her G37S, but I'd be lying if I said it had a fraction of the soul that her G37S does, and that's something that you just can't measure on paper.

It's the same with new Audis. They're quiet, luxurious, and fast, but otherwise are so sterile that you might as well just hire a driver because it's basically an isolation chamber at this point. My Audi is slow and loud, but it's also a hell of a lot more involving than any new Audi - including the R8 - could ever dream of being.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
WorcesterSpotter, 19 December 2018, 01:37
Mazdafreak wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
WorcesterSpotter wrote:

One of my coworkers has a 2009 Infiniti G37S sedan. She's had to have some maintenance done on it recently, and one of her loaners has included a 2017 Q60S. She's taken me for a ride in each; I will grant that the Q60S was a better car on paper than her G37S, but I'd be lying if I said it had a fraction of the soul that her G37S does, and that's something that you just can't measure on paper.

It's the same with new Audis. They're quiet, luxurious, and fast, but otherwise are so sterile that you might as well just hire a driver because it's basically an isolation chamber at this point. My Audi is slow and loud, but it's also a hell of a lot more involving than any new Audi - including the R8 - could ever dream of being.

That also makes sense, I thought you just meant how their exteriors look

WorcesterSpotter
Post a reply