Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
r8lover, 19 December 2018, 02:13
Mazdafreak wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
WorcesterSpotter wrote:
Meh, then that kind of makes sense. I thought you meant a recent gen A6

Who would want a new A6??? (Or any new Audi really?) They’re all boring af.

They're super good and perfectly advanced lol. I am also looking at the new A/S5 because it's an amazingly car that is highly advanced.

One of my coworkers has a 2009 Infiniti G37S sedan. She's had to have some maintenance done on it recently, and one of her loaners has included a 2017 Q60S. She's taken me for a ride in each; I will grant that the Q60S was a better car on paper than her G37S, but I'd be lying if I said it had a fraction of the soul that her G37S does, and that's something that you just can't measure on paper.

It's the same with new Audis. They're quiet, luxurious, and fast, but otherwise are so sterile that you might as well just hire a driver because it's basically an isolation chamber at this point. My Audi is slow and loud, but it's also a hell of a lot more involving than any new Audi - including the R8 - could ever dream of being.

I feel like it's hard to say a lot of that unless you've driven a lot of these. I haven't driven the new A6, but I have taken the S5 and it felt plenty soulful to me, as do other modern cars. To be fair, I wouldn't expect much from Infiniti haha. I'd rather enjoy the luxury, convenience, and performance of a new car over the "involvement" of an old car. To be honest, I feel involved enough in modern cars, and don't need to drive a deathtrap to feel it lol.
Last modified by r8lover, 19 December 2018, 02:14
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 19 December 2018, 02:48
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:
WorcesterSpotter wrote:
Meh, then that kind of makes sense. I thought you meant a recent gen A6

Who would want a new A6??? (Or any new Audi really?) They’re all boring af.

They're super good and perfectly advanced lol. I am also looking at the new A/S5 because it's an amazingly car that is highly advanced.

One of my coworkers has a 2009 Infiniti G37S sedan. She's had to have some maintenance done on it recently, and one of her loaners has included a 2017 Q60S. She's taken me for a ride in each; I will grant that the Q60S was a better car on paper than her G37S, but I'd be lying if I said it had a fraction of the soul that her G37S does, and that's something that you just can't measure on paper.

It's the same with new Audis. They're quiet, luxurious, and fast, but otherwise are so sterile that you might as well just hire a driver because it's basically an isolation chamber at this point. My Audi is slow and loud, but it's also a hell of a lot more involving than any new Audi - including the R8 - could ever dream of being.

I feel like it's hard to say a lot of that unless you've driven a lot of these. I haven't driven the new A6, but I have taken the S5 and it felt plenty soulful to me, as do other modern cars. To be fair, I wouldn't expect much from Infiniti haha. I'd rather enjoy the luxury, convenience, and performance of a new car over the "involvement" of an old car. To be honest, I feel involved enough in modern cars, and don't need to drive a deathtrap to feel it lol.

Well we're just going to have to disagree because I don't see how such a sterile car can be involving. Audis are notorious for having mediocre steering feel coupled with a tendency to understeer when pushed, and they've been that way for a long time. My A6, and the A4 I drove, have decent steering feel, but Audi's other cars (other than the R8) feel very artificial.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
r8lover, 20 December 2018, 04:50
Mazdafreak wrote:
r8lover wrote:

Well we're just going to have to disagree because I don't see how such a sterile car can be involving. Audis are notorious for having mediocre steering feel coupled with a tendency to understeer when pushed, and they've been that way for a long time. My A6, and the A4 I drove, have decent steering feel, but Audi's other cars (other than the R8) feel very artificial.

Fair enough, though I certainly don't push my cars hard enough to feel that understeer lol. Though again have you driven many of the new ones? I've enjoyed each of the ones I've taken out, the steering felt unique and were plenty good for me. Sterility to me doesn't mean it's not good to drive or involving enough to be enjoyable. I've tried the "part of the car" thing, it really just wasn't me and was more exhausting than anything. Heck I'm that blasphemous car guy that generally prefers automatics.
Deleted account
Post a reply