Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
bullchaser, 11 December 2015, 22:26
Maybe it's just me, but it seems like pictures that would have received 100 likes last year are barely getting 50. Like looking at this past months top rated pictures, there's 2 ridiculous Koenigseggs, a Laraki, an Aston 177, the Veneno, and those are just a few that if you compare to those similar cars in past years received much more L/Fs. It is just my opinion, but if we continue to be stingy in giving out likes, it will be hard for any of these awesome pictures to really ever stand a chance against past spots!
I am just suggesting that we all try to be a little more generous in that area :)
I've been trying to to do that, and hopefully others will too!

bullchaser
from Illinois
langnews, 11 December 2015, 22:55
Or.... We can stop looking at this site like it's a competition for likes/favorites. One of the reasons photos get less attention now is because less people are visiting the site.
Deleted account
r8lover, 11 December 2015, 23:09
First off, I agree completely with langnews.

Also, let us not forget that there has been a bit less member traffic to the site as of late (it's noticeable), and less traffic with members means that there are fewer people to like photos.
Deleted account
gregg, 11 December 2015, 23:33
There are lower likes/faves because traffic has gone down.

This is why we're making a renewed effort to bring back high quality moderation, a redesign of the site, and other improvements. I would say not to just go about blindly liking/favoriting photos. Instead, like/fave the ones that you truly think are worth it.

gregg
Lamborarri, 11 December 2015, 23:47
gregg wrote:
I would say not to just go about blindly liking/favoriting photos. Instead, like/fave the ones that you truly think are worth it.

I agree with that statement. I at least like every picture posted, unless you can tell it's obviously not legit, and I favorite more now as the limit is gone. :)

Lamborarri
from Illinois
bullchaser, 12 December 2015, 04:31
Yeah, I didn't mean just go around L/Fing all of them, and yeah that's a good point. Hopefully there will be more traffic here in the future. It seems that there are more people online in the summer than the winter.

bullchaser
from Illinois
Post a reply