Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mtweedel13, 10 November 2018, 22:38
(Part 1)

I've been noticing some problems sprouting up in the carspotting world as of late. On the ExoticSpotter side, the website is dying, and some users (who won't be named) have been caught recently posting spots that aren't legit, even with adjusted rules. On the Autogespot side, it's the opposite; a kinda toxic environment where some users' spots are reported for no reason just because others have grudges, and rules on quality and kinds of spot are as strict as strict can be. However, Autogespot has a wider range of acceptable models that grows whenever a new model is spotted for the first time, while ExoticSpotter has a few Other tags, and categories are made by mods. That's why I have a concept for a new website that is the best of both worlds: the wider range of Autogespot, mixed with the positivity and leniency of ExoticSpotter. For now, the project name will be Carspotting Global.

These are the main points that I have covered so far:

1. Model Range: The model range will start out based on ExoticSpotter & Autogespot's more commonly spotted models (not the ones seen once per year.) At the same time, when a new model is spotted, the category will be created when the spot is made, like Autogespot, unless users feel it should be in an already present category.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
WorcesterSpotter, 10 November 2018, 22:41
Only one change?

WorcesterSpotter
Mtweedel13, 10 November 2018, 22:52
(Part 2)

2. Spot Categories: This is one of the new concepts I have for the site, where the "legit" barrier is kinda broken. We want to be used for all purposes of carspotting, including shows and the occasional trip to the dealer, which is why there will be categories for types of spot. First off, of course, is Wild (absolutely positively legitimate spots), and Photoshoots (arranged photoshoots, but still sort-of legit). However, to attract a bigger crowd, there will also be categories for Dealership & Show. All spot categories will be separated at the request of the user via checklist options, so people can see what they want. For example, some users on here would prefer to see legit spots, not dealers & shows. Therefore, they can select the Wild & Photoshoot categories, and be able to see what they want.

3. Quality: This will be an option that is also adjustable by users. HD & HQ camera shots will be put into a "High Quality" category, while pictures from phones or other devices, unless they have really, really good cameras, will be in the "Low Quality" section. Users will also be able to select whether they want to see High or Low Quality shots.

4. Videos: Another concept is adding videos, like Autogespot, except it wouldn't be limited to just Youtube videos; videos can also be uploaded straight from the device, and linking them to your spot is optional (that is, you can also upload it to the site as a separate spot, following other rules, of course). Also, there would have to be proof that the video is yours, not just stolen from Youtube.
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 10 November 2018, 23:01

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Mtweedel13, 10 November 2018, 23:00
5. Upload Process: Users will be able to upload up to 10 pictures of the same car at a time, like Autogespot. However, they aren't limited to spotting the same car just once. They are only limited to posting pictures of the same car once every 14 days, to combat the problem of getting better pictures after already uploading the spot, and having to delete the previous spot.

Another problem to cover is combos only going in one category. Another new concept would be adding other model categories to the same spot, up to 10 different models. For example, This Koenigsegg & Huayra combo would initially be placed in the Koenigsegg Agera category, but an option would be placed to add in Pagani Huayra, Pagani Huayra BC, & Mclaren P1.

6. Environment: Users would obviously want the website to be a positive environment, which is why online moderators would be hired to settle any disputes between users, such as legitimacy of a spot, bullying of any kind, etc. We would also issue a 3-strike system, where problematic users would be given multiple chances, ultimately leading to a permanent ban if problems can't be solved.

Additional problem solving and changes would be covered later. It's an idea I've had for a little while, but a chance encounter with a friend from school who is running a web design business could be able to make this site a reality. Any other concerns or opinions from you can be covered below.
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 11 November 2018, 00:48

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
WorcesterSpotter, 10 November 2018, 23:01
I actually thought of the combos addition. Surprised they havent added it.

WorcesterSpotter
Mtweedel13, 10 November 2018, 23:02
WorcesterSpotter wrote:
I actually thought of the combos addition. Surprised they havent added it.

It's a really good idea, it's just a bit difficult to add in. I would be open to considering beta testing new options to make sure they work before putting them out on the site.
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 10 November 2018, 23:03

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
sumosloths, 11 November 2018, 03:51
I like your ideas. Maybe when a new car is spotted, you just have to submit a new category request with your picture of the car before it makes it to the front page. That way there is some moderation involved and the site doesn't get flooded with categories, but at the same time you don't have to look at a bunch of cars labeled as "other". And maybe the user gets like a badge or something for having the first spot of that car.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
Mtweedel13, 11 November 2018, 04:15
sumosloths wrote:
I like your ideas. Maybe when a new car is spotted, you just have to submit a new category request with your picture of the car before it makes it to the front page. That way there is some moderation involved and the site doesn't get flooded with categories, but at the same time you don't have to look at a bunch of cars labeled as "other". And maybe the user gets like a badge or something for having the first spot of that car.

Exactly! I should also add that there are certain cars, such as the 458 Italia/Speciale, Lamborghini Aventador/S/SV/SVJ, etc., that would have separate categories for each version, but this would only be for cars that need it, not just to differ from specs, like Audi RS6/RS6 Avant, for example, which I consider the same car, just different body styles.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Leaf_Soto, 14 November 2018, 05:03
There's a place that already exists where you can post as many pics as you want of anything you find. It's called DriveTribe. I'll see you there.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Mtweedel13, 14 November 2018, 17:16
Leaf_Soto wrote:
There's a place that already exists where you can post as many pics as you want of anything you find. It's called DriveTribe. I'll see you there.

That seems more like a social media website for fans of Top Gear to me, and I don't see much of a base for carspotting on it. This concept would be more based around carspotting itself, but it would also have forums for specific topics as well.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
MinnesotaExotics, 14 November 2018, 21:19
I agree with all of those ideas, they would all make the website a lot better. Are these ideas for this site or are you talking about actually making another site?

MinnesotaExotics
from Stillwater, Minnesota
Mtweedel13, 16 November 2018, 14:28
MinnesotaExotics wrote:
I agree with all of those ideas, they would all make the website a lot better. Are these ideas for this site or are you talking about actually making another site?

Either one would be fine, although I do have a friend from high school that I could get into contact with about the idea.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Bladebringer, 05 March 2019, 19:07
Thank you very much for the information) I would also work on the design of the site, of course. High-quality and beautiful design is the basis of the web site itself, its marketing look. Now in the epoch of sales and marketing it is very important to create a beautiful website that will help, and not slow down. I can advise the service Gapsy Studio Very high quality and responsible approach to work.
Last modified by Bladebringer, 06 March 2019, 07:00

Bladebringer
Xoronit, 16 September 2019, 12:58
I have an idea to create my dating site. Now I’m learning how to create a dating app, and I’ll get started soon. I want to create a completely new application that will be interesting for young people. This will be a platform where people can not only chat with each other but also talk via video. The social network and dating app are two in one. I think it will be interesting.

Xoronit
Mtweedel13, 16 September 2019, 21:24
You bot people suck.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Post a reply