Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
FanOfSuperCars, 05 November 2015, 23:12
A thread to talk about the new Need For Speed game.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
sumosloths, 05 November 2015, 23:40
I really, really, really want it, but...

... no manual???

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
FanOfSuperCars, 05 November 2015, 23:46
sumosloths wrote:

... no manual???

I don't think any NFS games have manual? The customization is great though. yay for widebodys.

I mean, I've been playing it for awhile now and I don't MIND not having manual, but it would be nice to have as an option. I also play Forza in manual.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 05 November 2015, 23:50

FanOfSuperCars
Ma-auto, 06 November 2015, 02:42
This game is almost perfect. Just needs a manual like stated above. I love how they have LB, RB, RWB, and all the other widebody-perfectors. I have a RB BRZ that hit 700 HP today :3

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
FanOfSuperCars, 06 November 2015, 06:37
What I don't like about Drift Trains is when you're trying to score points but the ai drivers ram the cr*p outta you and you lose your points but if you don't stay near them you can't score points.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 06 November 2015, 07:05

FanOfSuperCars
MrHOC, 06 November 2015, 15:57
I'm super excited. I was talking to one of my friends at work about it, and he mentioned something about the handling mode being screwed up BADLY or something.
Deleted account
Ma-auto, 06 November 2015, 20:00
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
What I don't like about Drift Trains is when you're trying to score points but the ai drivers ram the cr*p outta you and you lose your points but if you don't stay near them you can't score points.

I know! I'm trying to do a drift contest with a 700 HP BRZ and the AI is driving all Lamborghinis and McLarens and Ferraris and such, and if I go in front they'll catch up, but if I drop behind I'll lose the event entirely, but if I stay in the middle I get rammed into and I lose my points every 3 seconds. I've tried it at least 20 times already
Last modified by Ma-auto, 06 November 2015, 20:01

Ma-auto
sumosloths, 06 November 2015, 22:24
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

... no manual???

I don't think any NFS games have manual? The customization is great though. yay for widebodys.

I mean, I've been playing it for awhile now and I don't MIND not having manual, but it would be nice to have as an option. I also play Forza in manual.

All the older games I've owned have had manual (HP2, UG, UG2), but I'm not sure which NFS was the last one to have manual.
Last modified by sumosloths, 06 November 2015, 22:24

sumosloths
sumosloths, 06 November 2015, 23:06
I've heard a lot of great things about the game, and I really, really want it to be good, but I've also heard some complaints. Stuff like AI rubberbanding, always night/always raining, poor control of the car, the FRZ-86 triplets having more customization than the rest of the cars combined, etc...

sumosloths
FanOfSuperCars, 06 November 2015, 23:16
This post was deleted 06 November 2015, 23:16 by FanOfSuperCars

FanOfSuperCars
FanOfSuperCars, 06 November 2015, 23:16
sumosloths wrote:
I've heard a lot of great things about the game, and I really, really want it to be good, but I've also heard some complaints. Stuff like AI rubberbanding, always night/always raining, poor control of the car, the FRZ-86 triplets having more customization than the rest of the cars combined, etc...

Some cars have less options for customization then others but overall it's pretty decent. I think the game is pretty short though. I still think its a good game anyway. I also wish you could own more then 5 cars at once.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 06 November 2015, 23:22

FanOfSuperCars
sumosloths, 07 November 2015, 00:47
There's a new video out of a guy giving a very in-depth honest review of the game, and he points out a lot of reasons why I'm really hesitant to buy the game. Annoying handling assists? Unresponsive automatic gearbox? Hmm...

Of course I would be getting it for PC, which doesn't come out for another 5 months, so hopefully most of the problems will be patched up by then. I do really like how they'll only be doing free DLC.

Btw here is the video. He's British, so he says "a-CURE-a" instead of "ACK-yer-a".
Last modified by sumosloths, 07 November 2015, 00:49

sumosloths
Ma-auto, 07 November 2015, 04:01
sumosloths wrote:
There's a new video out of a guy giving a very in-depth honest review of the game, and he points out a lot of reasons why I'm really hesitant to buy the game. Annoying handling assists? Unresponsive automatic gearbox? Hmm...

Of course I would be getting it for PC, which doesn't come out for another 5 months, so hopefully most of the problems will be patched up by then. I do really like how they'll only be doing free DLC.

Btw here is the video. He's British, so he says "a-CURE-a" instead of "ACK-yer-a".

The handling and shifting aren't that bad. You get used to them very fast.

Ma-auto
FanOfSuperCars, 07 November 2015, 06:13
Driveblox man wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

The handling and shifting aren't that bad. You get used to them very fast.

Yeah I agree. It's not hard to get used to.

FanOfSuperCars
FanOfSuperCars, 11 November 2015, 02:52
After playing the game for longer heres a few complaints:

-5 cars isn't enough
-'story mode' is too short, not enough events i think
-not enough roadblocks in pursuits
-ferrari 458 can't have rims changed :( (not really their fault though, probably was ferrari that didnt want it..)

FanOfSuperCars
Post a reply