Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
sumosloths, 07 February 2016, 19:36
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:
It's because Mercedes changed what a Maybach is. This Maybach is just a glorified S class. It should go under "other" category.

Not trying to get into the middle of this, but Mercedes seems to have made a great new Maybach that is worth people's money. On the 57/62 models, Mercedes lost roughly $400,000 each time they sold one, whereas they are making a profit everytime they sell an S600 Maybach. I think the new S600 Maybach perfectly deserves to fit into the Maybach category. It is much more than just an S-Class with a few fancy badges on it, have you seen the interior on those things?

Yeah, if Bentley and Maserati 4-doors have their own categories, I definitely think the S600 Maybach deserves to go in the Maybach category.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
hyoung90, 07 February 2016, 19:40
sumosloths wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:
It's because Mercedes changed what a Maybach is. This Maybach is just a glorified S class. It should go under "other" category.

Not trying to get into the middle of this, but Mercedes seems to have made a great new Maybach that is worth people's money. On the 57/62 models, Mercedes lost roughly $400,000 each time they sold one, whereas they are making a profit everytime they sell an S600 Maybach. I think the new S600 Maybach perfectly deserves to fit into the Maybach category. It is much more than just an S-Class with a few fancy badges on it, have you seen the interior on those things?

Yeah, if Bentley and Maserati 4-doors have their own categories, I definitely think the S600 Maybach deserves to go in the Maybach category.

Hell, a base Mercedes S class is more exotic than a ghibli. So if a ghibli has a damn category, a S600 Maybach definitely deserves a spot in the Maybach category

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
racemanryan, 07 February 2016, 19:43
hyoung90 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:

Hell, a base Mercedes S class is more exotic than a ghibli. So if a ghibli has a damn category, a S600 Maybach definitely deserves a spot in the Maybach category

Agreed^^

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
jackrabbit898, 07 February 2016, 21:57
racemanryan wrote:
ExoticSam wrote:
jackrabbit898 wrote:
ok thanks. It's really hard to get good shots of cars in NYC

Not really

I think it would be if the car your trying to photograph is parallel parked like the Maybach this forum is centered around. @jackrabbit898 Hope you find a car to make up for this spot since it wasn't accepted. Good luck!

Thanks idk if I can and yes, it was very hard, couldn't get a front shot cuz of how close it was parked to the car in front.

jackrabbit898
from Houston, Texas
cargame_parker, 07 February 2016, 22:06
hyoung90 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:

Maybe where you are but I see 20 S Class for every Ghibli in this area

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
jackrabbit898, 07 February 2016, 22:25
cargame_parker wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
gregg wrote:

Maybe where you are but I see 20 S Class for every Ghibli in this area

True cuz Mercedes is a more common, more respected company (no offense Maserati lovers/owners), but still, S600s cost way more and are WAY rarer

jackrabbit898
from Houston, Texas
sumosloths, 08 February 2016, 05:16
hyoung90 wrote:

The Ghibli category is for this Ghibli:

[https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/96/Maserati_Ghibli_green.jpg]

sumosloths
langnews, 08 February 2016, 06:37
sumosloths wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:

Umm, no. The Maserati Ghibli category is for all the cars that Maserati calls Ghibli. That's as straight-forward as you can get. If new Ghibli's aren't exotic enough for you, that's another issue. I personally think the new Ghibli's production numbers are way too high. But regardless, claiming that an exotic's category should only belong to a certain generation is just dumb. As it stands, this site has enough problems regarding categories. Why add to that? It's a Maserati, it's a Ghibli. There's a Maserati Ghibli category. Get over it. What's the big deal?

What you're proposing is kind of like saying that the Ferrari California category should only apply to the classic 250 California and not the new ones. Or that any random category should only apply to a specific generation. And yes, I am aware that California's are much rarer than Ghibli's. That's not the point.
Deleted account
DjShift, 08 February 2016, 07:03
langnews wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:

Umm, no. The Maserati Ghibli category is for all the cars that Maserati calls Ghibli. That's as straight-forward as you can get. If new Ghibli's aren't exotic enough for you, that's another issue. I personally think the new Ghibli's production numbers are way too high. But regardless, claiming that an exotic's category should only belong to a certain generation is just dumb. As it stands, this site has enough problems regarding categories. Why add to that? It's a Maserati, it's a Ghibli. There's a Maserati Ghibli category. Get over it. What's the big deal?

What you're proposing is kind of like saying that the Ferrari California category should only apply to the classic 250 California and not the new ones. Or that any random category should only apply to a specific generation. And yes, I am aware that California's are much rarer than Ghibli's. That's not the point.

Umm, no. Despite me being not able to tell between the new Quattroporte and Ghibli and sometimes accidentally posting the wrong one, that category's just for the old Ghibli.

Same as how Model S's can't be posted anymore despite still having a category.

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
sumosloths, 08 February 2016, 07:47
langnews wrote:

The category was created long before the new version came out, so therefore it was created without an underperforming, 5-series tier, sub-$80k sedan in mind. The category still exists because, well, the original Ghibli still exists. But, in my own opinion, it shouldn't include the current Ghibli because it's an ENTIRELY different car. Saying that this means I want a category to only belong to a certain generation is just dumb, because the new one isn't even a continuation of the previous Ghibli model, but just uses the same name. The new Ghibli is in fact the successor to the Biturbo, and I don't see a Biturbo category on the site.

Let's say that the original Dodge Dart, a beautiful, classic, historically significant car, was a postable car. Does that mean the current Dart, essentially the new version of the NEON, should also be postable? (I actually don't mind the new Dart, but that's not the point).

About the Ferrari thing, the California category was actually created for the current California. 250 Californias have generally been put in the 250 category, along with 250 GT Berlinettas, 250 GTO's, 250 GT Lussos, and all the other 250's, which are all closely related.

sumosloths
Diablo_SV, 08 February 2016, 12:11
langnews wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
hyoung90 wrote:

Actually Ghibili does apply only to the old one. You saying the new and old Ghibili should share the category is like saying a Ford GT and Mustang GT should share the same category

Diablo_SV
from Rochester, New York
SDJ2_Photography, 08 February 2016, 13:55
ExoticSam wrote:
Stop making new forum posts about your problems please its very annoying

This^
Contact the moderators and administrators. We don't care.

SDJ2_Photography
from Pittsford, New York
NJExotics, 08 February 2016, 16:27
jackrabbit898 wrote:
Ummm genuinely wondering why my perfectly legit spot of an S600 in NYC was deleted. It stayed up for I think about an hour, but then it got deleted for no apparent reason. Here it is:
[http://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1523/24836786596_430d8d86d7_z.jpg]

Well it's not really a car worthy of being featured anyway, its only an expensive S class among supercars and hypercars

NJExotics
from New Jersey
racemanryan, 08 February 2016, 17:02
NJExotics wrote:
jackrabbit898 wrote:
Ummm genuinely wondering why my perfectly legit spot of an S600 in NYC was deleted. It stayed up for I think about an hour, but then it got deleted for no apparent reason. Here it is:
[http://c2.staticflickr.com/2/1523/24836786596_430d8d86d7_z.jpg]

Well it's not really a car worthy of being featured anyway, its only an expensive S class among supercars and hypercars

It wasn't really about the photo being featured. It was about the photo being deleted. Personally, I think the S600 Maybach should be allowed. If we are going to refer to the S600 Maybach as a glorified S-Class, let's refer to the Maybach 57/62 as glorified S-Class's as well. The Maybach 57/62 were built to be extra luxurious S-Classes, and so was the S600 Maybach. So why should one be allowed and another not?
Last modified by racemanryan, 08 February 2016, 17:03

racemanryan
from Rocky Mount, North Carolina
Mazdafreak, 08 February 2016, 17:22
Come on guys. Are we not supposed to post S65 AMGs on the basis that they are just "very nice" S-Classes? It's nonsense; the S600 Maybach is a $190,000+ car that competes with the Flying Spur and Ghost. There's no reason why that photo should have been removed, and it's irresponsible to spring new rules on us overnight and expect us to know what happened without notifying us.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Post a reply