Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Do You Use Autogespot?
No and I never will

Not right now but I plan to make an account

I have an account but hate the site

I have an account and enjoy the site

Total: 10
Lamborarri, 28 June 2015, 22:07
Most ES members are more than just active on this website, and a popular "alternative" to ES is Autogespot. If you have an account there, what is your profile name? Mine is @Lamborarri

Lamborarri
from Illinois
michealm, 28 June 2015, 22:15
I wouldn't necessarily say I hate the site, but I dislike it. Even my highest quality shots are removed within minutes. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if the mods just hate me, but it gets annoying.
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 28 June 2015, 22:17
michealm wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily say I hate the site, but I dislike it. Even my highest quality shots are removed within minutes. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or if the mods just hate me, but it gets annoying.

They are very picky about how you write in the plate. From what I gather, you have to put in the license plate number and if you have no shots which show the plate at all the car can't be posted on there. If you have a shot which shows the plate but it's from far away, you click the "Plates not Readable" button and upload your spots. Not sure if that's right though, can any long-time member help me out here?

Lamborarri
from Illinois
maxim380, 29 June 2015, 10:58
One of the big differences between ES and AG is than on ES you're only allowed to upload 2 shots of a car, while on AG they prefer it when you upload as many shots as possible (but not more than 10). Maybe that's the problem?

maxim380
from Netherlands
Mazdafreak, 29 June 2015, 12:56
My account is @NCspotter but I haven't posted anything on there in ages. Really got tired of the wildly inconsistent moderating so I just stopped. It is a good site though.

I should add that one of the reasons I haven't posted on there in forever is because I've mostly only seen Maseratis and Bentleys lately, and I only snap one or two pics IF I don't have to go out of my way to photograph them in the first place (for example if one parks next to me at the grocery store). I figure I don't have enough pics of the car to post them, so I don't.
Last modified by Mazdafreak, 29 June 2015, 17:57

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
mojo9434, 29 June 2015, 18:10
Mazdafreak wrote:
My account is @NCspotter but I haven't posted anything on there in ages. Really got tired of the wildly inconsistent moderating so I just stopped. It is a good site though.

I should add that one of the reasons I haven't posted on there in forever is because I've mostly only seen Maseratis and Bentleys lately, and I only snap one or two pics IF I don't have to go out of my way to photograph them in the first place (for example if one parks next to me at the grocery store). I figure I don't have enough pics of the car to post them, so I don't.

This is basically the same reason I stopped using it as well.

mojo9434
from Hamilton, Canada
Post a reply