Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Hybrid Hypercars
Yes

No

Total: 8
MrDoppler, 14 October 2015, 23:49
With the hybrid hypercar trio and new hybrid cars coming from Bugatti and Lamborghini will all hypercars be hybrid in the future?

MrDoppler
from Denver, Colorado
Mustang1, 15 October 2015, 00:27
probably both for a long time

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
michealm, 15 October 2015, 01:38
Depends what you consider the future. In the next twenty years, probably not. In a couple decades, probably (yet again, who knows what we'll be using as transportation in a few decades)
Deleted account
r8lover, 15 October 2015, 02:19
michealm wrote:
Depends what you consider the future. In the next twenty years, probably not. In a couple decades, probably (yet again, who knows what we'll be using as transportation in a few decades)

Things won't be changing that quickly. We'll still be using cars in their current form (gas or electric) for at least 50 more years I'm sure. If they all go electric then I don't see anything changing.
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 15 October 2015, 02:38
I doubt it at least as of right now. People like Lamborghini seem to want to shy away from it until they absolutely have to. But for those hybrid hypercars that have come out, the performance numbers are insane! It will be interesting to see where the future takes new exotics.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
r8lover, 15 October 2015, 02:40
Lamborarri wrote:
I doubt it at least as of right now. People like Lamborghini seem to want to shy away from it until they absolutely have to. But for those hybrid hypercars that have come out, the performance numbers are insane! It will be interesting to see where the future takes new exotics.

Lamborghini doesn't have the money to afford making one now anyway. Everyone will have them sooner or later though.
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 15 October 2015, 02:41
r8lover wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

Lamborghini doesn't have the money to afford making one now anyway. Everyone will have them sooner or later though.

True, and almost all of VW's brands for that matter. With the recent "Dieselgate" incident, they've lost so much money.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
r8lover, 15 October 2015, 02:44
Lamborarri wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

True, and almost all of VW's brands for that matter. With the recent "Dieselgate" incident, they've lost so much money.

They've lost much more than money. They've lost brains, trust, and more. It will be a long time before they fully recover.
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 15 October 2015, 02:46
r8lover wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

They've lost much more than money. They've lost brains, trust, and more. It will be a long time before they fully recover.

This is also true. Now it's time for Mercedes and BMW to start building more diesels so they can attract some of the buyers who might have previously gone to VW brands.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
r8lover, 15 October 2015, 02:49
Lamborarri wrote:
This is also true. Now it's time for Mercedes and BMW to start building more diesels so they can attract some of the buyers who might have previously gone to VW brands.

That's not going to happen. Neither BMW nor Mercedes have cars that would fit into any of those slots that would have been taken up by VAG cars. Besides, the diesel's reputation has been destroyed once again. VW isn't alone with their cars overpolluting, so I've heard. It's just that they're the only ones to do it intentionally.
Deleted account
CanvasRider, 15 October 2015, 02:52
r8lover wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

That's not going to happen. Neither BMW nor Mercedes have cars that would fit into any of those slots that would have been taken up by VAG cars. Besides, the diesel's reputation has been destroyed once again. VW isn't alone with their cars overpolluting, so I've heard. It's just that they're the only ones to do it intentionally.

The 3 series is going to be all electric by 2020

CanvasRider
r8lover, 15 October 2015, 02:53
CanvasRider wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Lamborarri wrote:

The 3 series is going to be all electric by 2020

Yeah, and Kanye West will be elected president.
Deleted account
Post a reply