Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Maryland_Cars, 20 November 2017, 22:39
What are your thoughts on the new Tesla Roadster????

Maryland_Cars
from Kent Island, Maryland
Mazdafreak, 20 November 2017, 23:17
I'll believe it when I see it. Tesla's got more pressing issues to sort out (read: MODEL 3 PRODUCTION) than a $200,000+ sports car.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Leaf_Soto, 21 November 2017, 01:36
Idiotic in a multitude of ways

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Maryland_Cars, 21 November 2017, 01:42
Mazdafreak wrote:
I'll believe it when I see it. Tesla's got more pressing issues to sort out (read: MODEL 3 PRODUCTION) than a $200,000+ sports car.

I agree. My friend and I were arguing about it (me being against it) and one of my points was that I didn't think drivers would get the same driving sensation behind the wheel of the new roadster compared to maybe a BMW M4 or a GT-R...

Maryland_Cars
from Kent Island, Maryland
hyoung90, 21 November 2017, 16:17
It's a very fast golf cart that's shaped like a sports car which happens to outrun a Chiron on the quarter-mile
Last modified by hyoung90, 21 November 2017, 16:17

hyoung90
from Dallas, Texas
Mazdafreak, 21 November 2017, 17:30
hyoung90 wrote:
It's a very fast golf cart that's shaped like a sports car which happens to outrun a Chiron on the quarter-mile

Sadly, it also sounds like a golf cart, which is to say, not good at all.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
pdkcars, 22 November 2017, 16:27
I'll reserve my judgement until the press gets to drive them near actual release. But so far I'm interested and I have nothing against EVs even though I prefer regular cars and hybrids. I don't see what's so bad about it. I've ridden in a Tesla before, back when the P85D was the top trim, and it was a real thrill.

I can't say anything bad about it, really.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
FanOfSuperCars, 23 November 2017, 21:30
By the time production starts the numbers might not be as impressive.
Last modified by FanOfSuperCars, 23 November 2017, 21:31

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
pdkcars, 23 November 2017, 21:55
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
By the time production starts the numbers might not be as impressive.

In my opinion anything under 3 seconds is still impressive, especially when it comes to non-hyper cars. It's gonna take a while for more supers to be doing mid-2 second sprints to 60. It took a while for most to do 3 seconds flat so in a couple of years 2 seconds flat and under will still be ground breaking.

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Post a reply