Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
MrDoppler, 14 October 2015, 21:05
Im soooooo sad right now :(

Dodge Viper could be scrapped after 2017

MrDoppler
from Denver, Colorado
FanOfSuperCars, 14 October 2015, 22:00
I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. They'll probably replace it, I just don't know with what.

FanOfSuperCars
from Middle Of The Ocean, Unknown Country
MrDoppler, 14 October 2015, 22:16
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. They'll probably replace it, I just don't know with what.

It sad to see America's first mass production supercar (In my opinion) discontinued! :(

MrDoppler
from Denver, Colorado
FanOfSuperCars, 14 October 2015, 22:32
MrDoppler wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

It sad to see America's first mass production supercar (In my opinion) discontinued! :(

Yeah but I don't think they would be able to keep it going like Porsche did with the 911.

FanOfSuperCars
MrDoppler, 14 October 2015, 22:35
FanOfSuperCars wrote:
MrDoppler wrote:
FanOfSuperCars wrote:

Yeah but I don't think they would be able to keep it going like Porsche did with the 911.

I guess your right.RIP Dodge Viper 1992-2017, You will be missed :(

MrDoppler
from Denver, Colorado
r8lover, 15 October 2015, 02:34
Dodge really kind of screwed up with this most recent one honestly. The price was way too high for what you were getting, and for that price the build quality wasn't super stellar. Plus the performance wasn't any better than the Corvette Z06, which was a good $25,000+ cheaper. Even with the price cut, there's nothing to justify getting one over the far superior Corvette.

Plus, Dodge never thought to make a convertible version, which seemed to be the most popular one to get (though I can't remember if they offered that and the coupe at different times).
Deleted account
Lamborarri, 15 October 2015, 02:44
r8lover wrote:
Dodge really kind of screwed up with this most recent one honestly. The price was way too high for what you were getting, and for that price the build quality wasn't super stellar. Plus the performance wasn't any better than the Corvette Z06, which was a good $25,000+ cheaper. Even with the price cut, there's nothing to justify getting one over the far superior Corvette.

Plus, Dodge never thought to make a convertible version, which seemed to be the most popular one to get (though I can't remember if they offered that and the coupe at different times).

I think they overlapped just a little bit. My friend has a new one and wants to sell it, but I told him he could probably wait a few more years then sell it for more, as I'm sure they'll become more desirable if they're discontinued.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
FanOfSuperCars, 15 October 2015, 03:56
Lamborarri wrote:
r8lover wrote:

I think they overlapped just a little bit. My friend has a new one and wants to sell it, but I told him he could probably wait a few more years then sell it for more, as I'm sure they'll become more desirable if they're discontinued.

Yes but at the same time there will be more of them by then.

FanOfSuperCars
venomgt95, 15 October 2015, 11:38
Last I knew, they weren't selling very well.

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
r8lover, 16 October 2015, 03:12
Lamborarri wrote:
r8lover wrote:

Just looked it up, I think there was a fair bit of overlap.
Deleted account
W16, 17 October 2015, 22:44
I'll take all the ones that don't sell.

W16
from Pennsylvania
Mustang1, 27 October 2015, 02:29
no successor planned, and gone in 2017, and the chances r the hellcat is to blame because
a. more hp
b. less expensive
c. still manual

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
r8lover, 27 October 2015, 03:08
Mustang1 wrote:
no successor planned, and gone in 2017, and the chances r the hellcat is to blame because
a. more hp
b. less expensive
c. still manual

Last I heard the Hellcat doesn't have too much longer either due to emissions and sh*t. Also, the Hellcat and Viper are two completely different cars appealing to completely different buyers.
Last modified by r8lover, 27 October 2015, 03:09
Deleted account
Mustang1, 27 October 2015, 21:28
r8lover wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
a. more hp
b. less expensive
c. still manual

Last I heard the Hellcat doesn't have too much longer either due to emissions and sh*t. Also, the Hellcat and Viper are two completely different cars appealing to completely different buyers.

that is just my opinion, and one guy on carbuzz who wrote an article about the viper

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
r8lover, 27 October 2015, 21:39
Mustang1 wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
a. more hp
b. less expensive
c. still manual

that is just my opinion, and one guy on carbuzz who wrote an article about the viper

Lol, Carbuzz.
Deleted account
Post a reply