Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Eeti, 12 January 2015, 14:49
It doesn't actually look like a Ford at all.
Deleted account
Ma-auto, 12 January 2015, 15:16
Eeti wrote:
It doesn't actually look like a Ford at all.

I completely agree. It is... well, interesting. The exhaust exits really bug me.

Ma-auto
from Boston, Massachusetts
Lamborarri, 12 January 2015, 16:01
[http://a1.fssta.com/content/dam/fsdigital/fscom/MOTORS/images/2015/01/12/Ford%20GT/motor_fordgt1.vadapt.955.high.0.jpg]

In my opinion, there is no way Ford could've built an uglier tribute to the original GT40.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
r8lover, 12 January 2015, 16:15
Mazdafreak wrote:
No manual = FAIL.

No reason to buy it when it doesn't have anything relating to heritage other than name and design.

Lol okay. Don't forget that transmission and engine are just a small part of that large thing called "heritage."
Deleted account
r8lover, 12 January 2015, 16:19
I find all the people on here whinging about the lack of a V8 and manual rather amusing. I can imagine around the advent of the car, you all would be the ones saying the horse was so much better.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind a manual transmission. I see nothing wrong with them in a fun sports car. However, in a supercar it makes less sense.
Deleted account
ianr22, 12 January 2015, 17:00
I love it but the exhaust, errr no.
Deleted account
Eeti, 12 January 2015, 17:06
ianr22 wrote:
I love it but the exhaust, errr no.

It looks like two hairdryers sticking out there.

edit. saw this on reddit lol

[http://i.imgur.com/EbkViPp.png]
Last modified by Eeti, 12 January 2015, 23:13
Deleted account
r8lover, 12 January 2015, 17:26
Eeti wrote:
It looks like two hairdryers sticking out there.

edit. saw this on reddit lol

[http://i.imgur.com/EbkViPp.png]

Lol I love that.

I can somewhat understand the placement though. It's certainly not the best feature of the car though.
Deleted account
lamboman505, 12 January 2015, 18:11
so cool.

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
W16, 12 January 2015, 18:27
This reveal has brought out some of the stupidest things I've ever heard from people. The design is subjective of course, but I feel that it perfectly fits into today's picture of supercars while obviously retaining some key cues from the original GT. But then from there it's honestly just idiots piggy-backing onto other peoples' opinions about the car. Like Justin said, at some point the manual transmission just isn't the best choice anymore. The best way to tap into all the power and speed is going to be with a dual-clutch unit. Remember that this car is a race car first and a road car second. And why is everyone dismissing the V6? Just because it's not a V8? You're really going to shun a 600+ hp powerplant just because of some stupid ideals you have? We've all heard it already and it is intoxicating. Save for Lamborghini for the time being, manufacturers are looking to downsize. Just because it's a change doesn't mean it's a bad one.

W16
from Pennsylvania
michealm, 12 January 2015, 18:28
Agreed. I'm REALLY excited to see it!
Deleted account
W16, 12 January 2015, 18:29
Mazdafreak wrote:
No manual = FAIL.

No reason to buy it when it doesn't have anything relating to heritage other than name and design.

How about people buy it for its insane performance and presence? You know, like the reasons why people buy supercars in the first place?

W16
from Pennsylvania
sumosloths, 12 January 2015, 19:19
I'm really liking the car so far, but I kinda wish they had stayed more true to the exterior design of the GT/GT40. It kinda looks like a big mash-up of the GT, the LaFerrari, and the Asterion.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
andrewo, 12 January 2015, 19:49
maxim380 wrote:
I'm actually starting to like it less then when I saw the first pictures. No V8, no manual gearbox, and these doors instead of the ones that had a part of the roof attached to them.
[http://photos-c.ak.instagram.com/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t51.2885-15/10919538_1390786337890642_2100702963_n.jpg]

The old doors were cool but made the car hopelessly impractical. They are not worth the hassle.
Deleted account
bej96, 12 January 2015, 20:08
I think it's horrible.

bej96
from New Zealand
Post a reply