Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
WorcesterSpotter, 13 October 2018, 21:04
For some reason a lot of big car companies have been putting out tons of concept cars and most of them are pretty pointless. I want to see what you add but for starters here's a few obvious ones.

Rolls Royce Next 100 Vision - Just WTF? I usually don't like to judge cars by how they look but this literally looks like some sort of alien machine. Not helping matters is that the interior is literally just a couch and a TV screen. Their parent company BMW released a Next 100 Vision Concept too but at the very least it had an actual interior with seats and seatbelts and such and it looks kind of like an actual car. Same thing with the Mini version except it fully looks like a car.

Lamborghini Egoista - This is just a disaster on every front. The insane speed and fact it only has one seat make it so this is completely useless outside of the track. Not helping matters is utterly hideous design, the fact it has no doors, the wheels that even by Lamborghini standards are way too big, and practically everything in between.

Mercedes-Maybach 6: This one might confuse you, since especially compared to the Egoista and RR Vision it's functional and nice looking. It just has one small issue: Despite being ultra long, ALMOST NO SPACE IS USED. The Mercedes-Maybach 6 is 18 feet and 8 inches long, extraordinarily long. Of that space, less than a quarter of that space is actually in the driving/passenger compartment. The rest is all for storing stuff under the hood for some reason. I would ignore this one maybe if they made it a sedan or gave it an actual trunk but as it is it's more of a suitcase than a car.

WorcesterSpotter
Leaf_Soto, 14 October 2018, 13:46
WorcesterSpotter wrote:
For some reason a lot of big car companies have been putting out tons of concept cars and most of them are pretty pointless. I want to see what you add but for starters here's a few obvious ones.

Rolls Royce Next 100 Vision - Just WTF? I usually don't like to judge cars by how they look but this literally looks like some sort of alien machine. Not helping matters is that the interior is literally just a couch and a TV screen. Their parent company BMW released a Next 100 Vision Concept too but at the very least it had an actual interior with seats and seatbelts and such and it looks kind of like an actual car. Same thing with the Mini version except it fully looks like a car.

Lamborghini Egoista - This is just a disaster on every front. The insane speed and fact it only has one seat make it so this is completely useless outside of the track. Not helping matters is utterly hideous design, the fact it has no doors, the wheels that even by Lamborghini standards are way too big, and practically everything in between.

Mercedes-Maybach 6: This one might confuse you, since especially compared to the Egoista and RR Vision it's functional and nice looking. It just has one small issue: Despite being ultra long, ALMOST NO SPACE IS USED. The Mercedes-Maybach 6 is 18 feet and 8 inches long, extraordinarily long. Of that space, less than a quarter of that space is actually in the driving/passenger compartment. The rest is all for storing stuff under the hood for some reason. I would ignore this one maybe if they made it a sedan or gave it an actual trunk but as it is it's more of a suitcase than a car.

Well, like concept cars, they're never going to be made. They're either engineering show-offs or artistic pieces made to spend some company cash. They're just technological showcases. Nothing more. They're never going to be made and they're just company decorations.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
WorcesterSpotter, 14 October 2018, 22:10
can a staff delete this thread

WorcesterSpotter
Mtweedel13, 16 October 2018, 16:13
To be fair, the Rolls-Royce Vision concept looks like it actually had some help in designing the front of the new Rolls-Royce Phantom, as the grille & headlights seem very similar in design. (Although truth be told, the grille looks bigger from the side)
Last modified by Mtweedel13, 16 October 2018, 16:13

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Post a reply