Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Leaf_Soto, 16 June 2018, 03:29
I know it seems kinda boring but from what I've heard, the US will be requiring all cars to be able to achieve at least 40 mpg by 2025 and I've even heard about the fact that by 2040, internal combustion will be an anecdote in the history books. So the only thing to do now is what can we speculate life will be like without the rotations of cranks and cams with the explosions of fuel and no whine of the supercharger or whistle of the turbo...

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
dandude999, 16 June 2018, 07:57
Leaf_Soto wrote:
I know it seems kinda boring but from what I've heard, the US will be requiring all cars to be able to achieve at least 40 mpg by 2025 and I've even heard about the fact that by 2040, internal combustion will be an anecdote in the history books. So the only thing to do now is what can we speculate life will be like without the rotations of cranks and cams with the explosions of fuel and no whine of the supercharger or whistle of the turbo...

Its going to be extremely boring.

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
r8lover, 16 June 2018, 22:32
I thought that requirement was the average across a car manufacturer's entire lineup, and not every single car. Because if that's the case, then we're going to see half the cars made today be unable to be sold in 7 years (and I doubt they'll be improved to the point where they will make the cut either).
Deleted account
Mustang7, 17 June 2018, 20:40
Leaf_Soto wrote:

I WILL DRIVE A CAR THAT MAKES NOISE I DONT CARE HOW MUCH IT COSTS ME

Mustang7
from Pennsylvania
r8lover, 17 June 2018, 21:08
Mustang7 wrote:
Leaf_Soto wrote:

I WILL DRIVE A CAR THAT MAKES NOISE I DONT CARE HOW MUCH IT COSTS ME

It'll cost about $10 to get a thing that will make noise through the speakers lol.
Deleted account
r8lover, 17 June 2018, 21:10
Don't forget it's not like they're going to stop selling ICE cars in the blink of an eye, and it'll be decades, maybe even much much longer if ever before they get banned from the roads completely.

Besides, car companies like Tesla have shown that no ICE can still be fun.
Deleted account
Rivitography, 19 June 2018, 00:58
I do know that cars in the future are going to be hella expensive thanks to the 25% import tariff on automobiles

Rivitography
from New York
r8lover, 19 June 2018, 01:07
Rivitography wrote:
I do know that cars in the future are going to be hella expensive thanks to the 25% import tariff on automobiles

I do have hope that that won't exactly end up coming to fruition. It really hasn't exactly been officially put into place. On top of that, don't forget that a number of "foreign" cars are actually built in the United States.
Deleted account
Leaf_Soto, 19 June 2018, 17:03
r8lover wrote:
Rivitography wrote:

I do have hope that that won't exactly end up coming to fruition. It really hasn't exactly been officially put into place. On top of that, don't forget that a number of "foreign" cars are actually built in the United States.

And if Chrysler keep calling their cars "American Imports" they might want to change that tag line. But I do agree in the hopes that actual foreign cars won't keep shooting up in price simply due to import taxes.

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
r8lover, 19 June 2018, 20:58
Leaf_Soto wrote:
r8lover wrote:
Rivitography wrote:

And if Chrysler keep calling their cars "American Imports" they might want to change that tag line. But I do agree in the hopes that actual foreign cars won't keep shooting up in price simply due to import taxes.

Why is that lol. The tag line makes sense, even if the cars don't exactly fit it lol. Besides, neither of Chrysler's two cars are even built in the United States.
Last modified by r8lover, 19 June 2018, 20:59
Deleted account
Leaf_Soto, 08 August 2018, 18:38
Anyone follow McLaren on instagram? This was in the background of their post and the people from DriveTribe (I may have just ruined ES mentioning it) found this and they're speculating that these may be 720S LT prototypes
[https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/221817318961840139/476819653038047242/Y0gNFc70TfCDQAfsLRszBA.png]

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
waddle2gracious, 08 August 2018, 19:21
Leaf_Soto wrote:
Anyone follow McLaren on instagram? This was in the background of their post and the people from DriveTribe (I may have just ruined ES mentioning it) found this and they're speculating that these may be 720S LT prototypes

Yeah I saw that too. Very interesting. I heard rumors they are Speedtail (BP23) prototypes.

waddle2gracious
from Florida
MinnesotaExotics, 09 August 2018, 22:24
I know this thread is about the requirements of cars in the future, but the new hypercars (Senna, Valkyrie, and Project One) are pretty hideous. I just hope that the Bugatti Divo and new Koenigsegg look good and the F80/Terzo Millennio become production cars.

MinnesotaExotics
from Stillwater, Minnesota
Leaf_Soto, 10 August 2018, 05:18
MinnesotaExotics wrote:
I know this thread is about the requirements of cars in the future, but the new hypercars (Senna, Valkyrie, and Project One) are pretty hideous. I just hope that the Bugatti Divo and new Koenigsegg look good and the F80/Terzo Millennio become production cars.

I thought the Divo was just a mechanically modified Chiron...

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Leaf_Soto, 10 August 2018, 05:19
waddle2gracious wrote:
Leaf_Soto wrote:

Yeah I saw that too. Very interesting. I heard rumors they are Speedtail (BP23) prototypes.

Oh and now people are saying that they're old prototype mock-ups of the 12C and P1.
Last modified by Leaf_Soto, 10 August 2018, 23:32

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
Post a reply