Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
FastMojo2, 23 May 2018, 11:12
Well, sometimes these can be butthurt to certain people. Comment if you ever heard a stereotype about certain exotics.

Example(s) that I ever heard:

- Shelby Mustangs - Crowd Killers/Crowd Hitters
- Ferraris (typically any) - time bomb on wheels (referencing Ferraris being notorious for catching fire)/showoff prick
- R35 GT-Rs - PC/Windows 7
- Hybrid-powered exotics - Enviromentalists/Green Environment Freak
- Any entry-level Ferraris/Lamborghinis/Porsches/McLarens - Douchebags who pretend to be rich
- Lamborghini Huracan - Youtuber's car
- Any exotic/expensive 4-door sedans/SUVs - Land yacht/boat with wheels/chauffeur/politicans
- BMW M series (e.g. M3, M4) - asshats
- Bugatti Veyron - Very rich punk pretender (someone said this on my Veyron pic in FB)
- Chevrolet Corvette Z06s - Driven by speeders

Bonus:
- Any exotics in Indonesia (formerly) - Corruptor's car
Last modified by FastMojo2, 24 May 2018, 00:32

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
pdkcars, 23 May 2018, 18:41
An assumption made by many in the JDM fanbase - Those crazy about super cars/buy them don't know much about cars and only like them because they're expensive.

I've gotten that a lot. I like JDM to a certain extent but I like a lot of other cars too. Many JDM fans make it known that their taste in cars is superior. It's great! I've been in chats talking about cars in general and then found it's centered around snobs who have a problem if you post something they don't like. Then if you claim you don't like a JDM car they'll throw a temper tantrum. I've been called a "super car kid" because I take pictures of so many exotics. Even though my favorite type of cars are sports sedans and GT coupes both old and new...
Last modified by pdkcars, 23 May 2018, 18:45

pdkcars
from San Antonio, Texas
Leaf_Soto, 28 May 2018, 05:14
I thought people said that R35 GT-R's were YouTuber cars because nearly half of all YouTubers with like more than 3.5 million subs have one

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
FastMojo2, 28 May 2018, 23:33
Leaf_Soto wrote:
I thought people said that R35 GT-R's were YouTuber cars because nearly half of all YouTubers with like more than 3.5 million subs have one

R35s were also stereotyped as Youtuber's cars too. But the PC/Windows 7 stereotype is more popular.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
Werner, 17 August 2018, 07:03
(At this point, I don't remember if this was specifically for exotic/Semi-exotics or for cars in general)

BMWs of any type, really: Terrible parking (I've whitnessed this multiple times), and they are all very snobby business types (Also, whitnessed this with an i8 driver).

Dodge Rams (Especially Cummins 12-valve or duelies): Impatient, muscle-monkeys who think that attainable intertia and vertical stature determines right-of-way.

Werner
from Coeur d'Alene, United States
waddle2gracious, 17 August 2018, 08:41
Werner wrote:
Dodge Rams (Especially Cummins 12-valve or duelies): Impatient, muscle-monkeys who think that attainable intertia and vertical stature determines right-of-way.

Down in Florida, that behavior pertains to basically any truck that is lifted, lacks an exhaust system, has some cheesy chassis underglow lights, and has rims/tires that stick out a foot from both sides of the truck.

Note: what I've just stated is not a common stereotype, but rather just my observations on local driving/vehicle modification behaviors.
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 17 August 2018, 08:42

waddle2gracious
from Florida
Mtweedel13, 17 August 2018, 15:53
waddle2gracious wrote:
Werner wrote:

Down in Florida, that behavior pertains to basically any truck that is lifted, lacks an exhaust system, has some cheesy chassis underglow lights, and has rims/tires that stick out a foot from both sides of the truck.

Note: what I've just stated is not a common stereotype, but rather just my observations on local driving/vehicle modification behaviors.

As a resident of Tampa, FL, I can confirm this stereotype. Except it's pretty much everyone over here.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Post a reply