Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
FastMojo2, 05 September 2018, 12:01
Yup. The nightmare has started folks. You can now say bye bye to any kind of new exotic cars in Indonesia.

This means, no AMG models, BMW M Models, Audi RS models, Ferraris, Lamborghinis, Porsche 911 models, McLarens and more. Certain luxury SUVs and sedans will also be affected.

Even though Indonesia had a nice share amount of exotics, it's now game over. It's also now all about time before cars with engines above 3,000cc were declared not street-legal (rumor), which would somehow only making JDM cars (e.g. Skyline GT-Rs and Supras) the only things that will still be street legal.

RIP Indonesian Exotic car scene ???-2018

Read the article here: (if you didn't understand Bahasa Indonesia, you can always use translator)
https://oto.detik.com/mobil/d-4197413/impor-mobil-3000cc-disetop-mobil-mobil-ini-bakal-langka-di-ri?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=detikcomsocmed&utm_medium=btn&utm_content=oto
Last modified by FastMojo2, 05 September 2018, 12:05

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
911gt3rsfan, 05 September 2018, 12:54
RIP, it's like Paris who wants to ban all petrol cars by 2030 :(

911gt3rsfan
from Summit, New Jersey
FastMojo2, 05 September 2018, 13:29
911gt3rsfan wrote:
RIP, it's like Paris who wants to ban all petrol cars by 2030 :(

Nope, the bans had happened now :=====(
Last modified by FastMojo2, 05 September 2018, 13:30

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
dandude999, 05 September 2018, 15:57
Quoting directly from your industry minister here: 'Ferrari, Lamborghini, large cars need not to enter [Indonesia], and neither do expensive perfumes and Hermes bags,'. All I can say is you have a bad industry minister in my opinion. I reckon anybody that can afford exotics in Indonesia and want one will just move out.

He is trying to save the country's economy, really he is destroying it...
Last modified by dandude999, 05 September 2018, 15:58

dandude999
from Reading, United Kingdom
dandude999, 05 September 2018, 15:58
This post was deleted 05 September 2018, 15:58 by dandude999

dandude999
FastMojo2, 05 September 2018, 16:43
dandude999 wrote:
Quoting directly from your industry minister here: 'Ferrari, Lamborghini, large cars need not to enter [Indonesia], and neither do expensive perfumes and Hermes bags,'. All I can say is you have a bad industry minister in my opinion. I reckon anybody that can afford exotics in Indonesia and want one will just move out.

He is trying to save the country's economy, really he is destroying it...

Agree. In my opinion, completely banning all of them were stupid. Ferrari, Lamborghini, McLaren, Porsche, private importers, etc. will go bankrupt in Indonesia and thousands of people are going to lose their jobs.

The worse case is that if somehow all cars with over 3,000cc were declared not street-legal as said above.

Well, I can only hope that this is temporary!
Last modified by FastMojo2, 05 September 2018, 16:44

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
BugattiBoy, 05 September 2018, 19:46
This is actually dumb. Why?? What's the point of all these bans? To reduce pollution? Yeah, like that's gonna do anything against all the cr*p china and India are putting into the air. They couldn't care less about this....

Anyways this is bad news, especially for you FastMojo. Banning cars doesn't even make sense: people can still buy other cars that make worse MPG...

Well, it's the end is sort of beginning. We can't let our exotics go :(

Much support from America.

BugattiBoy
from Mission Viejo, California
waddle2gracious, 05 September 2018, 20:30
This forum thread made me sad
Last modified by waddle2gracious, 05 September 2018, 20:31

waddle2gracious
from Florida
FastMojo2, 06 September 2018, 00:53
BugattiBoy wrote:
This is actually dumb. Why?? What's the point of all these bans? To reduce pollution? Yeah, like that's gonna do anything against all the cr*p china and India are putting into the air. They couldn't care less about this....

Anyways this is bad news, especially for you FastMojo. Banning cars doesn't even make sense: people can still buy other cars that make worse MPG...

Thanks. All I can hope is that it's just temporary, and of course, cars that have been previously imported to Indonesia will still be street legal.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
BugattiBoy, 06 September 2018, 11:43
FastMojo2 wrote:
BugattiBoy wrote:

Thanks. All I can hope is that it's just temporary, and of course, cars that have been previously imported to Indonesia will still be street legal.

Well at least you can go to Singapore...
This is just so sad, how they're taking away these beautiful cars ;(

BugattiBoy
FastMojo2, 07 September 2018, 12:15
Just got a bit of good news guys: A friend told me that it turns out that cars over 3,000cc that were already here would still be street-legal. New cars, were however still restricted for importation, but they will be temporary.

FastMojo2
from Jakarta, Indonesia
dandude999, 07 September 2018, 15:58
FastMojo2 wrote:
Just got a bit of good news guys: A friend told me that it turns out that cars over 3,000cc that were already here would still be street-legal. New cars, were however still restricted for importation, but they will be temporary.

That's great news!! : D It just means Indonesia may miss a whole year or so of new supercars.
Last modified by dandude999, 07 September 2018, 15:58

dandude999
BugattiBoy, 08 September 2018, 00:28
A year is a long time for a car spotter...

BugattiBoy
Leaf_Soto, 08 September 2018, 05:29
BugattiBoy wrote:

Aye, but that just means they can jump right into the good stuff coming out in 2020

Leaf_Soto
from Kansas
BugattiBoy, 08 September 2018, 13:18
Leaf_Soto wrote:
BugattiBoy wrote:

Aye, but that just means they can jump right into the good stuff coming out in 2020

Good point. 2020 gonna be a great year for us !

BugattiBoy
Post a reply