Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Forzafaithful99, 04 March 2017, 20:05
A few friends and I are planning a cross country road trip and were hoping to catch a gathering of SoCal car culture since we couldn't make to Car Week due to school. So, does anyone know of any large exotic car shows that will happen in the LA area during June or July?

Thanks in Advance!

Forzafaithful99
Star080, 08 March 2017, 02:52
It is a great idea to check David SK Lee (IG: ferraricollector_davidlee)'s IG, he owns so many crazy cars and holds some great car meets.

Star080
davisvehicles, 08 March 2017, 04:37
Forzafaithful99 wrote:
A few friends and I are planning a cross country road trip and were hoping to catch a gathering of SoCal car culture since we couldn't make to Car Week due to school. So, does anyone know of any large exotic car shows that will happen in the LA area during June or July?

Thanks in Advance!

Supercar sunday in woodland hills is every sunday and very very good.
Cars and Coffee Aliso Viejo is very good.
The show at Lamborghini Newport Beach the first weekend of every month.
I did the same thing as you last year, except we flew out. This year, me and two friends are road tripping to california for car week! Weve planned it all out if you need tips for the actual road trip. Good luck and its extrememly fun!

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Forzafaithful99, 12 March 2017, 00:37
davisvehicles wrote:
Forzafaithful99 wrote:

Thanks in Advance!

I did the same thing as you last year, except we flew out. This year, me and two friends are road tripping to california for car week! Weve planned it all out if you need tips for the actual road trip. Good luck and its extrememly fun!

Yah I would love that! Did you stay in motels mostly or try camping?

- Poor High School Senior soon to be Broke College Student haha

Forzafaithful99
Cars_of_texas, 12 March 2017, 02:13
Forzafaithful99 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
Forzafaithful99 wrote:

Thanks in Advance!

I actually did this last year, and we drive 6k miles in a month tent camping the whole way. There was certainly a lot more nature than vehicles involved in that trip though ;)

Cars_of_texas
from Dallas, Texas
davisvehicles, 12 March 2017, 02:33
Forzafaithful99 wrote:
davisvehicles wrote:
Forzafaithful99 wrote:

Thanks in Advance!

Honestly, if you're up for camping it would probably be the best option. We are staying in an airbnb in california (if you dont want to camp but want to stick to a budget this is the way to go!) and did last year as well. On the way out Im staying with family in denver and an airbnb in las vegas. The airbnb is literally 39 dollars for that night, split three ways its nothing. On a road trip, although it kind of takes away from the fun a little, its a good idea to plan out food stops to stick to a budget. Planning out food in advance will not only save money, but you also dont have to waste time while youre actually there. A road trip across the country with your friends is truly an experience of a lifetime so enjoy it! I seriously can't wait for mine.
(P.S I am also a broke college student so I feel you!)
Last modified by davisvehicles, 12 March 2017, 02:33

davisvehicles
Forzafaithful99, 13 March 2017, 02:47
Great idea with the air bnb- yes I think we are all up for camping so it will probably be a combination. Did you go through many parks? Anything you would recommend seeing?

Forzafaithful99
davisvehicles, 13 March 2017, 18:34
Forzafaithful99 wrote:
Great idea with the air bnb- yes I think we are all up for camping so it will probably be a combination. Did you go through many parks? Anything you would recommend seeing?

Zion and Bryce Zion national parks are a must! Also arches is amazing, we are hitting up zion and arches on the way back. Also, stopping in small colorado ski towns for lunch or to stretch your legs is a must! (breckenridge or aspen).

davisvehicles
King_AM, 14 March 2017, 02:36
Hey Forzafaithful99 don't forget to check out these great shows as well:

Malibu Car Show at Trancas Canyon Market: First Sunday of each month; 7 a.m. - 9 a.m. From my personal experience I highly recommend going to it because some of the rarest and craziest cars show up plus celebrities like Jay Leno go there (He brought the legendary McLaren F1 this month).

Moulin Bistro show at Newport Beach: Last Sunday of each month: 7 a.m. - 9 a.m. I've never been there but there's a car that most car lovers dream of spotting: The Pagani Zonda Cinque in green. The owner showed up two weeks before Christmas last year and hopefully he brings it out once again and someone posts pictures of it here.

Cars and Chronos at Hing Wa lee plaza: Usually the third Saturday of each month; 9 a.m. - 11 a.m. Honestly one of the best shows if you want to film cars accelerating hard since there's little cops (until last month's meet).

Malibu is a highly recommended place to visit as you can tell from all the photos depending on the day/time/weather loads of exotics can be spotted on the Pacific Coast Highway, shopping centers including the famous Country Mart, and upscale restaurants like Nobu. Just be careful from this restaurant because the valet attendants can and will kick out photographers even if you're not a paparazzi since a lot of celebrities eat there.

Hope this helped :)

King_AM
Forzafaithful99, 14 March 2017, 18:01
King_AM wrote:
Hope this helped :)

It does for sure, thanks a bunch!

Forzafaithful99
Post a reply