Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
???
650S

MP4-12C

Total: 39
venomgt95, 15 December 2014, 12:08
Which and why? Id have to go with the 12C because it has its own unique design. The 650S is basically a P1 and 12C squished together. Theres no heart to it, at least IMO

venomgt95
from Belding, Michigan
maxim380, 15 December 2014, 13:42
I really like the looks of the 650S, but it's never going to beat the 12C.

maxim380
from Netherlands
wtfsia69, 15 December 2014, 14:11
I know I'm going to get hate for this but I never liked the 12C or the P1, I felt they were both awkwardly designed however when they combined the two and form the 650S I fell in love with it instantly I think it's the perfect balanced combination of both cars.

wtfsia69
jkljosiah, 15 December 2014, 14:31
Why drive something cool when you can drive a modern Mclaren?

jkljosiah
beckerman, 15 December 2014, 15:02
This is like choosing between Ford or Chevy.
I'd go for 650S. It's better.

beckerman
from Hoyt, Kansas
W16, 15 December 2014, 15:52
12C by a mile. It looks better and the customization options are much more diverse. I can't see any 650S I'd want to own, but it is possible to make a 12C I'd want to own.

W16
from Pennsylvania
1000HorsePower, 15 December 2014, 16:26
P1 all the way
Deleted account
Mazdafreak, 15 December 2014, 17:00
Out of these two, the 12C is easily the better looking car. I'd rather have an F1 with the proper transmission though.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
sumosloths, 16 December 2014, 00:24
I put the 650S because of the fact that they built it to fix every little thing that was wrong with the 12C. In terms of looks, I like the rear end better and I honestly do like the look of the front end, which is actually very different from the P1, aside from the headlights (which, I'm assuming, are meant to be a continuation of the new McLaren-logo design cues introduced by the P1). The only thing about the exterior that bugs me is the plastic-ness of those vents under the headlights:

[http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8uXS9cGR--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/mlbejvjjwqumotdzwmtd.jpg]

W16 wrote:
12C by a mile. It looks better and the customization options are much more diverse. I can't see any 650S I'd want to own, but it is possible to make a 12C I'd want to own.

What you said here is making me have second thoughts about my poll decision. I wasn't aware that the 650S's customization options were so lacking compared to the 12C. If I were to buy a supercar, I'd want as many ways to make it unique to my tastes as possible. I always wanted to get a 12C without the door buttons (I opened the slidey one first try, so all the people who were complaining about it just suck at it), and in a unique color, like British Racing Green or Azure Blue.
Last modified by sumosloths, 16 December 2014, 06:25

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
sumosloths, 16 December 2014, 00:26
Yeah, I kinda wish I could change my vote now, and make it 12C: 9, 650S: 11.

I'd like a 650S just to drive around for fun, but I'd like to have a 12C so I could really OWN it.
Last modified by sumosloths, 16 December 2014, 06:34

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
beckerman, 16 December 2014, 08:44
1000HorsePower wrote:
P1 all the way

LOL.

beckerman
from Hoyt, Kansas
W16, 16 December 2014, 08:49
sumosloths wrote:
I always wanted to get a 12C without the door buttons (I opened the slidey one first try, so all the people who were complaining about it just suck at it), and in a unique color, like British Racing Green or Azure Blue.

I couldn't open it with the sensor lol, so yes I suck. MSO has much better options for the 12C, like the bumper, louvers and even the roof scoop is technically available. Having seen one of the six British Racing Green 12Cs, I can assure you it is the most stunning example of that car. Complemented with a saddle tan interior and diamond-cut wheels, it is perfection.
Last modified by W16, 16 December 2014, 14:50

W16
from Pennsylvania
92-DH, 16 December 2014, 12:54
The 650s for now, but really really can't wait to see what the new mclaren will look like!!

92-DH
from St.Austell, United Kingdom
Lamborarri, 16 December 2014, 19:17
sumosloths wrote:
I put the 650S because of the fact that they built it to fix every little thing that was wrong with the 12C. In terms of looks, I like the rear end better and I honestly do like the look of the front end, which is actually very different from the P1, aside from the headlights (which, I'm assuming, are meant to be a continuation of the new McLaren-logo design cues introduced by the P1). The only thing about the exterior that bugs me is the plastic-ness of those vents under the headlights:

[http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--8uXS9cGR--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/mlbejvjjwqumotdzwmtd.jpg]

W16 wrote:

What you said here is making me have second thoughts about my poll decision. I wasn't aware that the 650S's customization options were so lacking compared to the 12C. If I were to buy a supercar, I'd want as many ways to make it unique to my tastes as possible. I always wanted to get a 12C without the door buttons (I opened the slidey one first try, so all the people who were complaining about it just suck at it), and in a unique color, like British Racing Green or Azure Blue.

I know it is designed to look like the McLaren logo, but I think the lights on the 650S look like swans. That said, I chose 12C because as I have said before, the 650S is just an ugly 12C that wants to be a P1.

Lamborarri
from Illinois
andrewo, 16 December 2014, 19:31
12C without any hesitation.
Deleted account
Post a reply