Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
loislois76, 17 August 2015, 07:31
People continue to put the cars in wrong categories. The reasons are diverse. For example:
- There is no own category for the car but the poster wants it to be featured. So he posts it in a category of the same brand, but a featured one… (ex: Lancia HF Integrale in Lancia Stratos category)

- There IS a own category for the car but the poster wants it to be featured. So he posts it in a category of the same brand but featured model. (Ex: CLK GTR in SLR or Porsche SC 911 in GT3)

- There is no own category for the car but the car resembles another one that has a category .(Ex AMG GT in SLS or Morgan +4 in Morgan Aero 8)

Sometimes it is annoying. But sometimes I also understand some posters. Why isn’t a CLK GTR featured? Why isn’t there a category for a AMG GT?
What is your opinion? Perhaps a solution would be to get rid of this featuring thing…

loislois76
lamboman505, 17 August 2015, 13:17
Get rid of featuring. That is one of the best things I have ever heard.

lamboman505
from somewhere in, New Mexico
r8lover, 17 August 2015, 14:15
People could always just, you know, post things in the right category. If the mods see a car that needs featuring, they'll feature it (though sometimes some to slip through the net). I have no idea why the CLK-GTR isn't featured, and the only way to make it so is for the mods to manually do it. Now the 911 SC was kind of ridiculous since it wasn't really special enough to warrant being featured (they made over 58,000 for god's sake).

Some cars that don't have categories are generally similar enough to be posted in categories of related cars (such as the Morgans). Others, such as the AMG-GT (which certainly don't deserve to be featured) unfortunately don't have a category even though they really should.

People want their photos to be featured if it is a car that stands out so it doesn't get lost in the sea of unfeatured Bentleys, R8s, and Porsches. Saying "Let's get rid of the featured category!" only ensures that /every/ photo will be lost to that mass. The featured category (even if some cars are featured that shouldn't be and some that should be aren't) is a good way to help set the cars apart that deserve to be set apart from the others. While it isn't perfect, it certainly is better than the alternative of having nothing at all. I'm sure if it was gone there'd be plenty of people complaining to bring it back.
Deleted account
CanvasRider, 17 August 2015, 16:28
It really pisses me off when people do this just so they can get their car featured. The worst is when people upload shots and "accidentally" put it in the wrong category because they "didn't know what it was", when really they did know what it was and they just wanted it to be featured for a little while

CanvasRider
langnews, 17 August 2015, 20:20
Stuff like this is part of the reason I rarely visit this site or post any more photos.

The Admins/mods don't care about running this site like it's supposed to be run. The whole featured/unfeatured mess, people desperate for likes/favorites, obvious car event shots are allowed to stay, categories for some cars are not added, piss-poor site layout, pics are displayed in horrible quality. I could go on, but I'll stop there.

So much potential for this site. But it is all wasted because the Admins keep ignoring everybody's great suggestions. All I hear is that an "update" is coming soon. I've heard that from various members for a long time now. I think the Admins are just blowing smoke up your you-know-what.

Sorry to mention all that on this forum topic. I'm just a fairly new guy on this site. But someone had to say it. I don't think I'll be logging on too much anymore.
Deleted account
loislois76, 20 August 2015, 06:27
http://www.exoticspotter.com/porsche-911-gt3-carmel-california-206906

Here is another example. IMO, putting a Singer 911 under Porsche 911 GT3 category is not right, even if the Singer is a Great car. Singer should have its own category but till then the car should be put under Other category.
Other great cars were put in the "Other Other" category but were featured. Remember the Lykan Hypersport...

Also, look at the Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale category. There are 11 pictures from 5 completely different cars...Which one is the TZ3???? Same for the Ford Shelby GR1. 8 pictures but only 2 are from the Shelby GR1...
Last modified by loislois76, 20 August 2015, 14:08

loislois76
Post a reply