Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
Mazdafreak, 15 February 2015, 13:36
I'm thinking about getting a DSLR but can't decide. I think I've narrowed it down to either a T3i or D5200. What are you guys' opinions on each?

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
bej96, 15 February 2015, 19:14
Mazdafreak wrote:
I'm thinking about getting a DSLR but can't decide. I think I've narrowed it down to either a T3i or D5200. What are you guys' opinions on each?

Don't know much about the d5200 but the t3i is an awesome camera pair it up with some decent lenses like some L lenses it the bees kness I love mine but am looking upgrading soon to the 5dmk3 and I've had it for nearly three years and it been my number one workhorse

bej96
from New Zealand
AJ Ferrari, 15 February 2015, 19:35
The T3i is an excellent camera all around. I would recommend it. It is not too big to carry around for spotting and the photo quality is great for the price.

AJ Ferrari
W16, 16 February 2015, 00:51
I still don't think it really matters all that much what camera you choose. I know people that have better shots with a T3i than someone with a Nikon D800e, and people that have better shots with a D7100 than a 5DmkIII. It really all depends on the person shooting, and the equipment really only aids the production quality of it. Just get whatever you're comfortable shooting with.

W16
from Pennsylvania
sumosloths, 16 February 2015, 13:30
I use a 10 year old Canon 20D with stock lens.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
cargame_parker, 16 February 2015, 16:18
bej96 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

Don't know much about the d5200 but the t3i is an awesome camera pair it up with some decent lenses like some L lenses it the bees kness I love mine but am looking upgrading soon to the 5dmk3 and I've had it for nearly three years and it been my number one workhorse

I have a Nikon now but am considering getting a Canon. Nikon's are good with cars that are moving, but Canons are better with cars sitting still. This is why I am considering having my Nikon (that has been dropped and repaired over 4 times) in the car for cars I see while on the move and the Canon for spotting and in parking lot.
As for what I recommend, a Canon. Nikon's are much harder to get parts for and places to fix. Also more expensive. It took Wolf camera about 5 weeks to repair a stupid crack in the glass not on the lens. $120.

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
Mazdafreak, 16 February 2015, 17:22
cargame_parker wrote:
bej96 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

I have a Nikon now but am considering getting a Canon. Nikon's are good with cars that are moving, but Canons are better with cars sitting still. This is why I am considering having my Nikon (that has been dropped and repaired over 4 times) in the car for cars I see while on the move and the Canon for spotting and in parking lot.
As for what I recommend, a Canon. Nikon's are much harder to get parts for and places to fix. Also more expensive. It took Wolf camera about 5 weeks to repair a stupid crack in the glass not on the lens. $120.

Thanks for the input everyone. This Nikon D5200 is the one I have been thinking about buying. Personally I'd want the body in grey, but I can't be too picky. I'll probably end up buying The D5200 over a T3i, because I want to support a small business such as Biggs instead of a chain such as Wolf, and because the T3i isn't being produced anymore (and Biggs hasn't had any used T3is in lately).

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
davisvehicles, 16 February 2015, 17:32
Mazdafreak wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
bej96 wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

Thanks for the input everyone. This Nikon D5200 is the one I have been thinking about buying. Personally I'd want the body in grey, but I can't be too picky. I'll probably end up buying The D5200 over a T3i, because I want to support a small business such as Biggs instead of a chain such as Wolf, and because the T3i isn't being produced anymore (and Biggs hasn't had any used T3is in lately).

Nice, I like supporting smaller businesses as well, which is actually why i chose the T3. Just funny that it worked the other way around for you.

davisvehicles
from Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mazdafreak, 16 February 2015, 17:40
davisvehicles wrote:
Nice, I like supporting smaller businesses as well, which is actually why i chose the T3. Just funny that it worked the other way around for you.

To be honest there really aren't many chain camera stores in NC any more...there might be one or two Wolf Cameras in Charlotte, but I'm near Biggs a lot anyway, and that D5200 is $150 off until the end of February as an added incentive!
Last modified by Mazdafreak, 16 February 2015, 23:40

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Post a reply