Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
DjShift, 20 January 2016, 01:01
Odd question here but would it be legal if someone has a normal, production vehicle but decides to put the pre-production camouflage on it because it looks cool?

DjShift
from Sodus Point, New York
NJExotics, 20 January 2016, 01:22
DjShift wrote:
Odd question here but would it be legal if someone has a normal, production vehicle but decides to put the pre-production camouflage on it because it looks cool?

I mean, its not like its illegal

NJExotics
from New Jersey
r8lover, 20 January 2016, 05:33
DjShift wrote:

Like a private owner? Yeah...no.
Deleted account
sumosloths, 20 January 2016, 07:44
cargame_parker wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
I spotted this during the Ferrari Cavalcade in August (before car week), but I couldn't figure out what it was. Someone just posted a more lightly camouflaged version on CPCS and I now see that it's the new Acadia.

I see a lot of videos of camo mules in San Fransisco. Do you see a lot?

Not a lot, but every once in a while. They're not always full camo, sometimes just debadged or completely undisguised. Here are all the ones I can remember seeing:

. A bunch of full-camo Tesla Model S's around Stanford in early 2012 (no pics)
. No-camo Audi Q3 in San Francisco, March or April 2013 (no pics)
. Two debadged Infiniti Q50's on the Bay Bridge, April 2013 (pics somewhere in this thread)
. My friend saw two debadged Mercedes CLA's sometime in 2013 (he has pics somewhere)
. No-camo Audi A3 convertible on the Golden Gate Bridge, late 2013 (have pics, but not with me)
. Another friend saw 3 NSX's (the same ones that were at car week) at like 5 in the morning in SF, August 2015

For some reason, I don't recall seeing anything after 2013, besides the Acadia. I'll probably think of some more eventually.

I'll also see some cars just when they come out. When I was back for Thanksgiving and winter break I saw a bunch of new Volts and Civics.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
cargame_parker, 20 January 2016, 14:02
sumosloths wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
I spotted this during the Ferrari Cavalcade in August (before car week), but I couldn't figure out what it was. Someone just posted a more lightly camouflaged version on CPCS and I now see that it's the new Acadia.

I see a lot of videos of camo mules in San Fransisco. Do you see a lot?

Not a lot, but every once in a while. They're not always full camo, sometimes just debadged or completely undisguised. Here are all the ones I can remember seeing:

. A bunch of full-camo Tesla Model S's around Stanford in early 2012 (no pics)
. No-camo Audi Q3 in San Francisco, March or April 2013 (no pics)
. Two debadged Infiniti Q50's on the Bay Bridge, April 2013 (pics somewhere in this thread)
. My friend saw two debadged Mercedes CLA's sometime in 2013 (he has pics somewhere)
. No-camo Audi A3 convertible on the Golden Gate Bridge, late 2013 (have pics, but not with me)
. Another friend saw 3 NSX's (the same ones that were at car week) at like 5 in the morning in SF, August 2015

For some reason, I don't recall seeing anything after 2013, besides the Acadia. I'll probably think of some more eventually.

I'll also see some cars just when they come out. When I was back for Thanksgiving and winter break I saw a bunch of new Volts and Civics.

I bet because of the hills they have it is a good city for testing. I saw a video with pre production Cadillac ATS coupes passing Lombard street. In Colorado they have a lot for high altitude testing. In Charlotte I've only seen one. The current C Class about 5 months before the reveal.

cargame_parker
from Davidson , North Carolina
sumosloths, 20 January 2016, 18:50
cargame_parker wrote:

I bet because of the hills they have it is a good city for testing. I saw a video with pre production Cadillac ATS coupes passing Lombard street. In Colorado they have a lot for high altitude testing. In Charlotte I've only seen one. The current C Class about 5 months before the reveal.

Oh, I just remembered that in November 2014 there were TWELVE AMG GT's roaming around the bay area. And I didn't see ANY. Someone posted a picture of about 9 of them at a hotel; I went there the next day and they were all gone :(

I think they were there because they were testing at both Sonoma Raceway and Laguna Seca.

I didn't add this one because barely anybody saw it, but here's another Mercedes that was seen in San Francisco: hee hee

How good is Charlotte for spotting in general? I'll have a connection there when I go back for spring break (although I probably won't be able to leave the airport).

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
cargame_parker, 21 January 2016, 14:14
sumosloths wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

Oh, I just remembered that in November 2014 there were TWELVE AMG GT's roaming around the bay area. And I didn't see ANY. Someone posted a picture of about 9 of them at a hotel; I went there the next day and they were all gone :(

I think they were there because they were testing at both Sonoma Raceway and Laguna Seca.

I didn't add this one because barely anybody saw it, but here's another Mercedes that was seen in San Francisco: hee hee

How good is Charlotte for spotting in general? I'll have a connection there when I go back for spring break (although I probably won't be able to leave the airport).

Charlotte spotting I would consider very similar to Atlanta (just a little less, due to size). You'll spot mostly Maseratis and Bentleys but not uncommon for like a few super cars. Go to South Charlotte near the mall, Cornelius and anywhere downtown you'll run into things, looking for them or not. My page is a good representation of what you'll see because I post mostly everything I saw.

cargame_parker
Mustang1, 21 January 2016, 22:30
cargame_parker wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
cargame_parker wrote:

Charlotte spotting I would consider very similar to Atlanta (just a little less, due to size). You'll spot mostly Maseratis and Bentleys but not uncommon for like a few super cars. Go to South Charlotte near the mall, Cornelius and anywhere downtown you'll run into things, looking for them or not. My page is a good representation of what you'll see because I post mostly everything I saw.

have u ever been to Atlanta in October on a Saturday? I saw 10 Ferraris in 6 hours

Mustang1
from Chattanooga, Tennessee
cargame_parker, 22 January 2016, 02:14
Atlanta on a sunny day especially a weekend is amazing for spotting. I spotted for a full week in Atlanta for my birthday on spring break a few years ago and every day I spotted at least 30 things, 10 being signifigant.

cargame_parker
Porsche_Romeo, 21 February 2016, 01:39
So my brother saw A Hongqi H7 out testing in Ann Arbor, anyone have any idea why it would be in the U.S.?

Porsche_Romeo
from Michigan
Mtweedel13, 21 February 2016, 02:00
Porsche_Romeo wrote:
So my brother saw A Hongqi H7 out testing in Ann Arbor, anyone have any idea why it would be in the U.S.?

According to Autocar, the car is based off of the Toyota Crown platform, which is also the Lexus GS series. So it's possible that he saw a camouflaged Lexus that looks similar.

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Porsche_Romeo, 21 February 2016, 20:08
Mtweedel13 wrote:
Porsche_Romeo wrote:

According to Autocar, the car is based off of the Toyota Crown platform, which is also the Lexus GS series. So it's possible that he saw a camouflaged Lexus that looks similar.

Ok, that's possible, I'll post pictures soon

Porsche_Romeo
from Michigan
Porsche_Romeo, 22 February 2016, 22:07
[http://i.imgur.com/636dL3Y.jpg]

Here it is

Porsche_Romeo
from Michigan
mtweedel15, 22 February 2016, 22:51
Porsche_Romeo wrote:
[http://i.imgur.com/636dL3Y.jpg]

Here it is