The MK5 Supra is upload worthy and an exotic car
Strongly Agree

Agree

Neutral

Disagree

Strongly Disagree

Total: 10
Lamb0Central, 24 November 2019, 13:24
I definitely think that it should be considered an exotic, and upload worthy because Ghiblis, F-Types, and base trim 911's are accepted. what do you think?

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
Mazdafreak, 25 November 2019, 16:54
No. I'd rather see GT350s be posted than the sorry excuse of a Toyota that the Supra is.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
r8lover, 25 November 2019, 20:35
Lol no. It's worth half of what those cars are. And honestly most of those you listed shouldn't even be on here lol.
Deleted account
Fafifilms, 25 November 2019, 22:29
Idk, I actually see WAY more Ghiblis than Supras.

Fafifilms
from California
Lamb0Central, 25 November 2019, 22:37
Fafifilms wrote:

That's exactly my point. All of the cars I listed in the first thread + the Supra shouldn't be allowed, but if they're going to allow those cars, they can't say no to the MK5 Supra.

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
geraldmay, 25 November 2019, 23:48
Lamb0Central wrote:
Fafifilms wrote:

That's exactly my point. All of the cars I listed in the first thread + the Supra shouldn't be allowed, but if they're going to allow those cars, they can't say no to the MK5 Supra.

You're a f**king retard

geraldmay
Mtweedel13, 26 November 2019, 02:41
So, the Ghiblis, F-Types, and base 911s that we see everywhere are fine, but not the Supra, which not only has better performance than a Ghibli, but is also (at the moment) much rarer, isn't? Sure, it's a redesigned Z4, but they should at least be allowed under "Other Other".

Mtweedel13
from Riverview, Florida
Lamb0Central, 26 November 2019, 12:43
I agree with that. If they're going to allow Ghiblis, F-Types, 911s, Z06's etc. then they have to include the Supra. If they're not going to allow those non-exotics, then they don't allow the Supra. In my opinion, it's all or nothing.

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
Georgiaspotter, 26 November 2019, 13:25
Mtweedel13 wrote:
So, the Ghiblis, F-Types, and base 911s that we see everywhere are fine, but not the Supra, which not only has better performance than a Ghibli, but is also (at the moment) much rarer, isn't? Sure, it's a redesigned Z4, but they should at least be allowed under "Other Other".

Well here is part of the problem. Not many people have bought the Supra so we can expect a lot more to be popping around. This is going to make them more popular. Another thing is they do allow the Supra on here if it is an excellent shot.

Georgiaspotter
from Tucker, Georgia
Mazdafreak, 26 November 2019, 23:34
I would rather see actual Toyota Supras, which are much rarer than the new ones, have a spot on this website than rebadged BMWs.

The Ghibli category was intended for the classic Maserati Ghibli, not the new ones. I don't think it is unacceptable for the 911 to have a category, but should be limited to either special editions that don't fit under the other subcategories, or very good shots of normal 911s. The F-Type category should be limited to R and SVR trims, as those are fairly uncommon.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Lamb0Central, 27 November 2019, 13:08
Mazdafreak wrote:
I would rather see actual Toyota Supras, which are much rarer than the new ones, have a spot on this website than rebadged BMWs.

The Ghibli category was intended for the classic Maserati Ghibli, not the new ones. I don't think it is unacceptable for the 911 to have a category, but should be limited to either special editions that don't fit under the other subcategories, or very good shots of normal 911s. The F-Type category should be limited to R and SVR trims, as those are fairly uncommon.

Then for the Ghibli they should've put "MK1-3" or something like that. I agree with what you said about the 911 (Maybe Carrera T or Speedster), but nothing too common like a Turbo S or Targa 4S. I don't think that they should allow F-Types at all.

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
Mazdafreak, 27 November 2019, 14:29
Lamb0Central wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

Then for the Ghibli they should've put "MK1-3" or something like that. I agree with what you said about the 911 (Maybe Carrera T or Speedster), but nothing too common like a Turbo S or Targa 4S. I don't think that they should allow F-Types at all.

Well we're talking about ES here so I doubt that will ever happen lol. The category already existed prior to the current Ghibli being launched and apparently they didn't feel the need to specify which car it was meant for (or update the rules to not allow current-gen Ghiblis on the site). A Turbo S is a nearly $200k car with absolutely no options, so why would it not qualify when a $140k Vantage or 911 GT3 does?

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Lamb0Central, 27 November 2019, 15:09
Mazdafreak wrote:
Lamb0Central wrote:
Mazdafreak wrote:

Well we're talking about ES here so I doubt that will ever happen lol. The category already existed prior to the current Ghibli being launched and apparently they didn't feel the need to specify which car it was meant for (or update the rules to not allow current-gen Ghiblis on the site). A Turbo S is a nearly $200k car with absolutely no options, so why would it not qualify when a $140k Vantage or 911 GT3 does?

Let's just face it. There's too many cars on here that shouldn't be allowed. Ex: GT3's, F-Types, Vantage's, Quattroportes, Levantes, 911's, GT4's, etc.

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
Mazdafreak, 29 November 2019, 16:05
Lamb0Central wrote:
Let's just face it. There's too many cars on here that shouldn't be allowed. Ex: GT3's, F-Types, Vantage's, Quattroportes, Levantes, 911's, GT4's, etc.

The GT3 and GT4 should definitely have categories on here. I've seen more McLarens in the past week than I have seen GT4s all year. The Vantage is a little more common but still definitely worthy of a category.

Many categories exist to give spotters in smaller cities with fewer exotics a chance to post. I see loads of exotics in Charlotte but don't bother to snap pics of most Bentleys, Maseratis, Porsches, or the like, and I'm sure these cars are even more common where you live in Florida. But if I was in a small mountain town or somewhere like that, and stumbled upon a Turbo S, I might stop and snap a few pics.

Mazdafreak
from North Carolina
Lamb0Central, 29 November 2019, 16:08
Mazdafreak wrote:
Lamb0Central wrote:

The GT3 and GT4 should definitely have categories on here. I've seen more McLarens in the past week than I have seen GT4s all year. The Vantage is a little more common but still definitely worthy of a category.

Many categories exist to give spotters in smaller cities with fewer exotics a chance to post. I see loads of exotics in Charlotte but don't bother to snap pics of most Bentleys, Maseratis, Porsches, or the like, and I'm sure these cars are even more common where you live in Florida. But if I was in a small mountain town or somewhere like that, and stumbled upon a Turbo S, I might stop and snap a few pics.

I understand that, but mountain scenery really makes for some good shots!

Lamb0Central
from Miami, Florida
Post a reply