Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
W16, 16 March 2016, 22:28
sumosloths wrote:
Yeah, I already scoped out the bus. Same bus that I use to get to the airport. It'll be about 100 bucks round trip but I think it might be worth it for the NYIAS plus a little time in NYC.

Do you think I'll be able to get into a press day, or should I just go for opening day?

I'd say go for opening day to be safe. It doesn't hurt to send the email for press passes, but if they don't get back to you then you don't want to be scrambling last-minute to make accommodations.

W16
from Pennsylvania
sumosloths, 17 March 2016, 01:24
W16 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
Yeah, I already scoped out the bus. Same bus that I use to get to the airport. It'll be about 100 bucks round trip but I think it might be worth it for the NYIAS plus a little time in NYC.

Do you think I'll be able to get into a press day, or should I just go for opening day?

I'd say go for opening day to be safe. It doesn't hurt to send the email for press passes, but if they don't get back to you then you don't want to be scrambling last-minute to make accommodations.

Yeah, I'm worried crowds might be a problem for shots, but from what I've seen it seems everything is sufficiently roped off. Planning now.

sumosloths
from South San Francisco, California
sumosloths, 17 March 2016, 01:25
Anyone else going to NYIAS on the 25th?

sumosloths
zonda21, 17 March 2016, 12:10
sumosloths wrote:
Anyone else going to NYIAS on the 25th?

Possibly, but I get back from Dallas the day before so idk if we'll go or not.

zonda21
from Rochester , New York
Lamboshane, 17 March 2016, 15:35
sumosloths wrote:
W16 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Yeah, I'm worried crowds might be a problem for shots, but from what I've seen it seems everything is sufficiently roped off. Planning now.

Crowds have definitely been an issue for me in the past, but with some patience you can still get good shots.

Lamboshane
from New York
W16, 18 March 2016, 00:31
sumosloths wrote:

MMC has the best display in terms of cars and as long as you get up to the fence, there won't be anyone in your way of the cars. Most of the other high-profile cars will be in similarly off-limits displays and you should be fine photographing them.

W16
from Pennsylvania
sumosloths, 18 March 2016, 16:18
W16 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

MMC has the best display in terms of cars and as long as you get up to the fence, there won't be anyone in your way of the cars. Most of the other high-profile cars will be in similarly off-limits displays and you should be fine photographing them.

Sounds good. I could always play the waiting game if I need to. How's the lighting in there?
Last modified by sumosloths, 18 March 2016, 16:19

sumosloths
Penguins22, 18 March 2016, 23:01
Lamboshane wrote:
sumosloths wrote:
W16 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Crowds have definitely been an issue for me in the past, but with some patience you can still get good shots.

I find Sunday's to be the best time to go if ur don't have a press pass or can't make opening day. Last few years I have gone on a Sunday morning and the crowds are very small.

Penguins22
W16, 18 March 2016, 23:25
sumosloths wrote:
W16 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Sounds good. I could always play the waiting game if I need to. How's the lighting in there?

Very good. Checking my camera settings from past years, I was able to shoot at 400-500 ISO with reasonable shutter speeds. All depends on your lens of course. Some other shots I shot at 1000 ISO because my lens didn't have vibration reduction, but even then I still could have used a smaller ISO. Long story short you'll have no problem with photos, the building is very well lit all over.

W16
from Pennsylvania
sumosloths, 19 March 2016, 01:31
W16 wrote:
Very good. Checking my camera settings from past years, I was able to shoot at 400-500 ISO with reasonable shutter speeds. All depends on your lens of course. Some other shots I shot at 1000 ISO because my lens didn't have vibration reduction, but even then I still could have used a smaller ISO. Long story short you'll have no problem with photos, the building is very well lit all over.

Awesome.

Penguins22 wrote:
I find Sunday's to be the best time to go if ur don't have a press pass or can't make opening day. Last few years I have gone on a Sunday morning and the crowds are very small.

I would go then but the Regera will be gone after Friday.

Since I'd be there all day, anything else I should check out in NY? Isn't there a dealership with a Veneno?
Last modified by sumosloths, 19 March 2016, 01:33

sumosloths
Lamboshane, 19 March 2016, 01:43
sumosloths wrote:

Since I'd be there all day, anything else I should check out in NY? Isn't there a dealership with a Veneno?

Won't it be gone after Saturday? 23-26 so I'm assuming it means it will be there the 26th. That's the day I'm going so I wanna be sure it's still there haha.

Lamboshane
from New York
sumosloths, 19 March 2016, 04:36
Lamboshane wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Won't it be gone after Saturday? 23-26 so I'm assuming it means it will be there the 26th. That's the day I'm going so I wanna be sure it's still there haha.

Oh yeah, I originally heard it was only going to be there for the press days and opening day, but now it's saying 23-26. I'm still going on Friday though.

sumosloths
W16, 19 March 2016, 23:57
sumosloths wrote:

Lamborghini Long Island is about 30 miles out of Manhattan.

W16
from Pennsylvania
sumosloths, 20 March 2016, 06:22
W16 wrote:
sumosloths wrote:

Lamborghini Long Island is about 30 miles out of Manhattan.

Oh lol never mind then

sumosloths
sumosloths, 23 March 2016, 08:58
If you're buying NYIAS tickets online, you can put in the promo code NY16AAA and get 2 bucks off

sumosloths
Post a reply