Forum  •  Rules!  •  Active topics  •  Search
ExoticSpotterMod, 10 June 2014, 12:42
We have received dozens of reports of cars spotted within the Gumball 3000 rally. Fortunately, multiple of us moderators have attended the Gumball events at some point in the past and we understand what the event consists of. Yes, it is an event and yes we understand that the locations are mapped out ahead of time. But the routes are NOT disclosed, leaving everything between the checkpoints to be completely up in the air. Because of this, we are set that if the spot in question is NOT from the actual checkpoint (this does NOT mean the CITY, this means the actual MEETING PLACE in that city), we are going to accept it as a spot.

If anyone has compelling reasons to the contrary, we are willing to listen. But the way Gumball runs in the context of the point of this site, we consider many of the posts here to be OK.

ExoticSpotterMod
from United States
Penguins22, 10 June 2014, 14:01
What about gold rush. Does the same thing apply

Penguins22
samaserati, 10 June 2014, 14:09
so you are allowed to wait a block away from the checkpoint and just take a picture of everything entering and leaving?

samaserati
from bergen county, New Jersey
Penguins22, 10 June 2014, 14:40
Lol then i hit the jackpot

Penguins22
CTspotter458, 10 June 2014, 15:02
samaserati wrote:
so you are allowed to wait a block away from the checkpoint and just take a picture of everything entering and leaving?

I don't think thats what they meant. If I spot, for example, the P1 driving around Newtown (In my dreams), it is legit. If I spot it in Times Square its legit. If I spot it at the hotel in NYC where the rally is staying, it is not

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
ExoticSpotterMod, 10 June 2014, 15:09
samaserati wrote:

No, that's no different than standing outside a show or C&C. What we are referring to is the cars on the highways in between checkpoints or randomly around the cities they are stopping in.

ExoticSpotterMod
from United States
Penguins22, 10 June 2014, 15:20
But how can we tell if some is posting stuff leaving the show.mainly because at gold rush as a first time spectator I had no clue where everyone would leave so I wouldn't know if it's still apart of the show and illegal to post or off the check point and legal to post

Penguins22
A_A_L, 10 June 2014, 15:20
ExoticSpotterMod wrote:
samaserati wrote:

No, that's no different than standing outside a show or C&C. What we are referring to is the cars on the highways in between checkpoints or randomly around the cities they are stopping in.

Thanks for clarifying that. But even you must admit that there are MANY shots on this site that never get deleted from the direct vicinity of an exotics event while it is going on.

I don't want to make a big stink out of it. I enjoy looking at all exotics, where ever they are. But some consistency in applying the rules would be good.
Last modified by A_A_L, 10 June 2014, 20:23
Deleted account
ExoticSpotterMod, 10 June 2014, 16:12
Penguins22 wrote:
But how can we tell if some is posting stuff leaving the show.mainly because at gold rush as a first time spectator I had no clue where everyone would leave so I wouldn't know if it's still apart of the show and illegal to post or off the check point and legal to post

goldRush was cut and dry. The cars paraded down Bleecker St. and then drove over to the garage at W 20th St. Cars spotted outside those locations are perfectly acceptable.

ExoticSpotterMod
from United States
W16, 10 June 2014, 16:14
ExoticSpotterMod wrote:
Penguins22 wrote:

goldRush was cut and dry. The cars paraded down Bleecker St. and then drove over to the garage at W 20th St. Cars spotted outside those locations are perfectly acceptable.

Building off this, I spotted BC's Veyron, Bleugatti, the Liberty Walk Aventador, another Aventador and a 458 in the city, away from the checkpoints. Those are fine to post.

W16
from Pennsylvania
kevinart, 10 June 2014, 18:14
One could simply follow a car off a checkpoint and photograph once away. I don't think it's necessarily a huge deal though, but there is logic behind why it's legitimacy can be argued.
Last modified by kevinart, 10 June 2014, 23:14

kevinart
Penguins22, 10 June 2014, 19:44
ExoticSpotterMod wrote:
Penguins22 wrote:

I completly agree but I don't exactly know where is was standings becuase does anyone remember the road that someone spotted team salamons aventador . I would stand there walk all around and then go back to the street of the show. But I saw tons of cars at the same time that aventador was spotted would it be legal

Penguins22
Penguins22, 10 June 2014, 19:47
http://www.exoticspotter.com/lamborghini-aventador-mannhattan-new-york-168484

This is the photo I'm even in the picture but I don't know exactly where I was and I was standing there even after show ended .

Penguins22
W16, 10 June 2014, 20:52
Well if you don't know where you were then I don't know what to say...

W16
from Pennsylvania
CTspotter458, 11 June 2014, 07:35
Penguins22 wrote:
http://www.exoticspotter.com/lamborghini-aventador-mannhattan-new-york-168484

This is the photo I'm even in the picture but I don't know exactly where I was and I was standing there even after show ended .

It was pretty far away, and a good 30 minutes after the parade ended

CTspotter458
from Newtown, Connecticut
Post a reply